Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would he send a text message that he crashed his bike, and was injured, rather than just calling 911 to get help? :thinking: Something doesn't sound right about that.

He's pretty young, maybe he wasn't thinking? Or....IDK

https://www.facebook.com/Coventry.PD.RI/posts/707465739430836:0?hc_location=ufi

The Coventry police are urging anyone who is searching for the lost Connecticut biker to suspend their search efforts due to inclement weather and falling temperatures. Tonight at approximately 5:00 pm, Coventry Police received a 911 call from a female who was lost in the woods near Carbuncle Pond. The female stated that she and another woman were out searching for the missing biker TJ and had become disoriented. It was evident that the searchers were beginning to panic due to the lack of daylight remaining, not knowing their location and not having an exit strategy. She described the area and CPD personnel were able to determine that she may be in the area known as Spencer’s rock. CPD officers responded to the area and were able to use their sirens and emergency lighting to assist the searchers in exiting the woods and returning to their vehicle. We are strongly urging the volunteers to suspend their efforts this evening due to dangerous conditions.

That FB is a train wreck. But hey loose lips sink ships.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Every single member of that page seems to have made their own post. It is really full and really unorganized.

https://www.facebook.com/Coventry.PD.RI/posts/707465739430836:0?hc_location=ufi

The Coventry police are urging anyone who is searching for the lost Connecticut biker to suspend their search efforts due to inclement weather and falling temperatures. Tonight at approximately 5:00 pm, Coventry Police received a 911 call from a female who was lost in the woods near Carbuncle Pond. The female stated that she and another woman were out searching for the missing biker TJ and had become disoriented. It was evident that the searchers were beginning to panic due to the lack of daylight remaining, not knowing their location and not having an exit strategy. She described the area and CPD personnel were able to determine that she may be in the area known as Spencer’s rock. CPD officers responded to the area and were able to use their sirens and emergency lighting to assist the searchers in exiting the woods and returning to their vehicle. We are strongly urging the volunteers to suspend their efforts this evening due to dangerous conditions.

Ugg. So some things heard on scanner could be searches for searchers.

He's pretty young, maybe he wasn't thinking? Or....IDK

I don't know. He is 18. I would think an 18 year old would be able to call 911 if he got in an accident.

Haven't they been asked not to search so that it doesn't interfere with the tracking dogs? Why are they running around individually following up on tips from psychics? :doh:

Ugg. So some things heard on scanner could be searches for searchers.

I have said it before and I would say it again. Flooding an area with amature searchers is not a good solution for finding a missing person. It didn't work in the Annie Schmidt case, and it is not going to work here. It just results in searching for lost searchers. Which doesn't help anything.

They need to seal off the area and get some good Bloodhounds to go and track him. But that might be too late now.

I have said it before and I would say it again. Flooding an area with amature searchers is not a good solution for finding a missing person. It didn't work in the Annie Schmidt case, and it is not going to work here. It just results in searching for lost searchers. Which doesn't help anything.

They need to seal off the area and get some good Bloodhounds to go and track him. But that might be too late now.
It sounds like the searchers are like the FB page.

Why would he send a text message that he crashed his bike, and was injured, rather than just calling 911 to get help? :thinking: Something doesn't sound right about that.

Is it possible to not have enough signal strength to make a phone call but still be able to send a text?

It sounds like conditions are really icy out there right now as well. No good. Stay in, let them work, don't get into accidents and get yourselves lost!

I live in the southern part of the state and they've been calling for snow there so I'd imagine they're getting some. I haven't watched the local news since this morning

Is it possible to not have enough signal strength to make a phone call but still be able to send a text?

My understanding is that you can receive texts with a dead battery, but can't send them, unless you have battery power and a signal. If you have battery power and a signal, then you should be able to call 911.

I have heard of some cases where people were able to send a text messages, with a weak signal, but were unable to make a call. But with a dead battery I don't see how that would work. Either there is enough power to power the phone, or there is not.

In NW CT now, we have five+ inches of snow and had some icy rain on top. The snowfall and/or icy rain really depends on the elevation he is at. Scary and sad. Who knows why people in a panic do what they do. Accident victims are not always rational and thinking straight. If you add injuries to the mix, an accident victim who is in shock can make downright foolish decisions.

checking the FB page, Search for Tj.... there may be two different groups lost (in two separate areas), possibly seven people total

This is why we should heed LE's requests. Now important manpower had to be taken from searching for TA to find these lost souls. They meant well, but were not prepared for getting lost themselves.

best case scenario now is that he is not in any woods at all.

and im about 50/50 on that being the case.

Right now it is raining here but turning icy when it hits the ground. We have no snow in Northeastern CT so that isn't a problem.

I don't know. He is 18. I would think an 18 year old would be able to call 911 if he got in an accident.

If he crashed and smacked his head, maybe had a concussion, he certainly could have been disoriented and not thinking clearly enough to recognize that he needed to call 911.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

best case scenario now is that he is not in any woods at all.

and im about 50/50 on that being the case.

I would put the odds higher than that. I say 95% chance he is not in the woods. That area is not that remote. It wouldn't be hard to find a crashed bike in that area. Plus the suspicious text message, I think makes it even more likely, that he is not in the woods.

If he crashed and smacked his head, maybe had a concussion, he certainly could have been disoriented and not thinking clearly enough to recognize that he needed to call 911.

He was not thinking clearly enough to call 911, but he was thinking clearly enough to send a text message? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back