AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no ball dropping here. There are specific criteria for an Amber Alert, and this case doesn't reach the threshold.

LE clearly doesn't agree regardless of the specific criteria typically used. They said in the presser one will likely be issued. We have seen plenty of cases where there is no information on the abductor as typically required and one has still been issued. Even the current Amber Alert right now for Dulce doesn't meet the criteria.

"We have had multiple discussions. We are at the point where we are following every lead we have. Once we have exhausted all those leads, we will then look at and probably institute an Amber Alert"

1-Year-Old Connecticut Girl Missing from Home Where Her Mother Was Found Dead
Snipped bbm
Officers first arrived at the house around 1 p.m. after a welfare check was requested because Vanessa’s mother did not show up for work, nor did she call in sick or seemingly tell anyone where she was. No one answered at the house, however, and the officers left.

But by Monday evening, family members grew concerned and requested a second welfare check. When officers returned around 7:30 p.m., they found evidence of a forced entry to the home, and Vanessa’s mother dead on the premises.
——
My hope is the baby was the target and she’s still alive...
JMO
Aha. There’s the forced entry. Thank you

Ansonia command post set up to find mom’s killer, baby
snipped
ANSONIA - Two days after a mother’s body was found in a Myrtle Street house and her 1-year-old daughter missing, a unified command post has been set up at the Ansonia Armory on State Street.

Investigators are looking at the woman’s death as a homicide, but would not officially release her name, pending positive identification by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner on Wednesday.

Police said the toddler, Venessa Morales, should have been in the home but was not found in the residence.

So what are the surrounding towns ? I'd like to do some digging - but am also updating another thread. Thanks

Nearby towns would be Derby, Shelton, Seymour, Oxford... the closest would be Seymour and Derby. This happened a half mile from my home.

Edit: forgot Woodbridge. Woodbridge, Seymour, and Derby directly border Ansonia.

I learned a long time ago, hanging around here, usually initial MSM reports will have one or two details that turn out to be untrue in their rush to get the story out. Sometimes, one little false detail will trip us up for while until we get past it. IME.

venessa-morales-88.jpg

venessa-morales.jpg

Additional photos of precious baby Venessa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez