Custody Document: "To Determine Paternity & Parental Relief"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll say it again: Seeing posters at this of all sites continue to cast wide nets and propagate harmful myths and judgments about what "real abuse survivors/victims act like" is beyond disturbing.

I'm not saying these things for the sake of this case, but the broader impact these ideas have if left uncorrected. I've counseled and helped too many women into safe houses to sit by and quietly watch them be pushed by anyone, anywhere.

And these messages exacerbate the pain and discourage far too many women from coming out and getting the help they need to extricate themselves and, ultimately, to understand and put the experience into a healthy perspective.

You're right. There is no script for victims of abuse to follow. And there is no script for parents of missing children to follow.

The reason many victims of abuse don't come forward is because of the attitudes being expressed here.

And I have a very strong feeling that if Crystal had been more vocal about the abuse she suffered at Ron's hands we would have never heard of Haleigh Cummings. And that would be just fine with me.

I am not defending Ron. I am simply stating facts that are in the custody documents. Which is what I thought we did here and not base things on rumors or what someone looks like on tv.

Been there and done that on both sides...had custody and then agreed to change custody with my exhusband for a year. It was MUCH cheaper to house (that alone) a child WITH me than to pay CS. When she was with me I could budget the cost of food and clothing. You don't get to budget CS. You don't get to handle the money...it comes right off your check like taxes.

Crystal admitted she was a cocaine user. So? At least she's *honest.* Can't say that about Ron. Just look at his record. Now explain to me how he's not living in prison. Bet his mama had something to do with that.

He's been shacking up with and impregnating 16 and 17 year old girls. That is the definition of a sexual offender in FL...check out the statutes.

I too don't get all of the women who defend Ron so vehemently in light of his record and his relationships with girls and his general appearance.

Do we have proof that he is currently doing drugs? Unless we can prove that he is currently doing drugs his statement of I don't do drugs is not a lie.

When he spoke with Geraldo.

"I don't do drugs."

When he spoke with Geraldo.

"I don't do drugs."

Thanks Pirate.

But that is not denying having a past. That is stating he doesn't do drugs now. Unless my elementary English is wrong, he spoke in the present tense.

The last thing I wanted when I started this thread was for there to be arguing on whether there was abuse or no abuse in regards to Crystal.

Specifically, I thought the document was interesting as it pertained to the custody and determination of that and Haleigh's well being. I hope this thread doesn't get closed because everyone is so vocal on their take on Crystal. :( None of us know what is true with regards to Crystal. As far as I know, it's not been PROVEN that she was abused nor have I seen any proof. It's all allegations as far as I know. I don't understand the obsession with that part of the documents. JMO

Well said!! I do not understand it either.

The last thing I wanted when I started this thread was for there to be arguing on whether there was abuse or no abuse in regards to Crystal.

Specifically, I thought the document was interesting as it pertained to the custody and determination of that and Haleigh's well being. I hope this thread doesn't get closed because everyone is so vocal on their take on Crystal. :( None of us know what is true with regards to Crystal. As far as I know, it's not been PROVEN that she was abused nor have I seen any proof. It's all allegations as far as I know. I don't understand the obsession with that part of the documents. JMO

Sorry we hijacked your thread.:blowkiss:

Ronald Cummings flat out DENIES ANY involvement w drugs either now or EVER in the past (despite arrests for "Maintaining a Drug Vehicle," In Excess of 20 Grams etc) just as he flat out denies ever being abusive or making threats. W/E. JMO

GERALDO RIVERA : What about the allegations of cocaine use, methamphetamine use?

RONALD CUMMINGS : There’s nothing. I do not do drugs.

GERALDO RIVERA : You don’t do drugs? All those arrests were all —

RONALD CUMMINGS : No.

GERALDO RIVERA : Do you work for the police? Are you an informant?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No, I am no an informant. I do not work for the police. I work for PDM, which is a, um, bridge building company. That’s who I work for.

GERALDO RIVERA : And you’ve never been involved in the drug trade?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498155,00.html

:parrot:

Thanks KIKI for finding that, yes, he did deny EVER being involved in drugs. Also, it seems evident (at least to those experienced in the medical field) that he shows signs of chronic and CURRENT drug use. His eyes, his physical condition, his verbal response time, the excessive "resting" reported by his family all fall into the types of clues that would indicate drug usage. Of course, no one can determine that by just observing the video footage, but LE will know for sure by now and it will be a big part of the way they approach the whole investigation.

I'll say it again: Seeing posters at this of all sites continue to cast wide nets and propagate harmful myths and judgments about what "real abuse survivors/victims act like" is beyond disturbing.

I'm not saying these things for the sake of this case, but the broader impact these ideas have if left uncorrected. I've counseled and helped too many women into safe houses to sit by and quietly watch them be pushed by anyone, anywhere.

And these messages exacerbate the pain and discourage far too many women from coming out and getting the help they need to extricate themselves and, ultimately, to understand and put the experience into a healthy perspective.
Thank you, Jholi. Thanks to all the survivors on this thread that have tried to explain what it's like being abused and how hard it is for woman of abuse to find the strength they need.
I know abuse isn't really what this thread is supposed to be about, so I will just say I'm shocked that the court didn't give any consideration to the statements made against RC. I hope they will not be sorry they didn't.

Thank you, Jholi. Thanks to all the survivors on this thread that have tried to explain what it's like being abused and how hard it is for woman of abuse to find the strength they need.
I know abuse isn't really what this thread is supposed to be about, so I will just say I'm shocked that the court didn't give any consideration to the statements made against RC. I hope they will not be sorry they didn't.

kidz, I wonder if there were other court actions/documents that we haven't discovered that possibly mention this. I wouldn't be surprised as it appears there is so much annomosity between the two families.

I think we can all agree that no matter whether Crystal was abused or not, Ron does/did drugs, this is a sad situation for these kids with the battling between the parents alone.

Sorry we hijacked your thread.:blowkiss:

Hey, I don't think anyone hijacked the thread LOL

I just feel bad that all the attention is focused on DV / Crystal when we don't even know if it's true or false. :blowkiss:

I thought the papers filed by Haleigh's mother including sworn affidavit by Haleigh's grandfather were among the revelations in these documents--and therefore pertained to topic and purpose of the thread. Sadly there seldom are cameras rolling and rarely any eyewitness accounts--aside from the powerful one we have from a victim herself. JMO

Hey, I don't think anyone hijacked the thread LOL

I just feel bad that all the attention is focused on DV / Crystal when we don't even know if it's true or false.
I thought the papers filed by Haleigh's mother including sworn affidavit by Haleigh's grandfather were among the revelations in these documents--and therefore pertained to topic and purpose of the thread. Sadly there seldom are cameras rolling and rarely any eyewitness accounts--aside from the powerful one we have from a victim herself. JMO
I believe the sworn statements made by Haleigh's grandfather should have been proof enough to, at least, cause the court to investigate these allegations further before making a decision on something so important as child custody.
There are no pictures of my sister with black eyes. There are no police reports that he was ever arrested for beating her. At trial though, after he killed her, there were witnesses that were brought in to testify about what they had seen and heard. It was powerful testimony. Maybe there are other documents that we just haven't seen, but it sounded to me like the judgment was made very quickly. I know if I were Crystal I would have felt very defeated. That very well could explain why she didn't immediately fight as hard as everyone thinks she should have to regain custody.

Yes, you are right. But the constant going back and forth on "what is" a DV and "who has worked with" DV's and the "signs that are exhibited by DV" seem a little much IMO. It's all speculation as we have no idea if Crystal even is a DV. That's all I'm saying.

Something about this whole custody case stinks to high heaven to me. Can't quite put my finger on it, so I'm hoping you all can help me out.

This is info from Crystal's atty's disciplinary record -
Charles B, P.O. Box 10, Pomona Park, to receive a public reprimand pursuant to a July 17 court order. (Admitted to practice: 1999) Behm was found guilty of engaging in conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice in a probate case in which he misrepresented to the court the status of a last will and testament. (Case No. SC06-294)
http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBPu...00958D536CBC74DB8525732F0045BB4F?OpenDocument
FYI - I do know many of the lawyers in town, but I don't I know this one.

I have read that Ron's atty was from Melrose, but never did find a name. If someone would be kind enough to post it, I would greatly appreciate it.
[Lord, I hope I never need an atty in this town... after this no one will touch me w/a 10 ft pole, lol.]

One other thing -

Some of the first coverage on Nancy Grace had a news director for SKY radio or something similar. His last name was Hart, and he used his initials [T.J. or A.J. or something]. He talked about DCF stating that this case did not follow their policies/guidelines and they were looking into it. It has not been mentioned again that I know of.

[I'm going on pure memory right now, so forgive me if I've gotten some details wrong.]

Just for my own curiosity I want to delve into this further, but right now I have to get my kid to an appt. If y'all can help or offer up any info, I'd sure appreciate it.

Something about this whole custody case stinks to high heaven to me. Can't quite put my finger on it, so I'm hoping you all can help me out.

This is info from Crystal's atty's disciplinary record -
Charles B, P.O. Box 10, Pomona Park, to receive a public reprimand pursuant to a July 17 court order. (Admitted to practice: 1999) Behm was found guilty of engaging in conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice in a probate case in which he misrepresented to the court the status of a last will and testament. (Case No. SC06-294)
http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBPu...00958D536CBC74DB8525732F0045BB4F?OpenDocument
FYI - I do know many of the lawyers in town, but I don't I know this one.

I have read that Ron's atty was from Melrose, but never did find a name. If someone would be kind enough to post it, I would greatly appreciate it.
[Lord, I hope I never need an atty in this town... after this no one will touch me w/a 10 ft pole, lol.]

One other thing -

Some of the first coverage on Nancy Grace had a news director for SKY radio or something similar. His last name was Hart, and he used his initials [T.J. or A.J. or something]. He talked about DCF stating that this case did not follow their policies/guidelines and they were looking into it. It has not been mentioned again that I know of.

[I'm going on pure memory right now, so forgive me if I've gotten some details wrong.]

Just for my own curiosity I want to delve into this further, but right now I have to get my kid to an appt. If y'all can help or offer up any info, I'd sure appreciate it.

http://www.mytvjax.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

Ron's attorney during custody-

R. Mitchell P.
SR 26
Melrose FL
http://www.lawyers.com/Florida/Melrose/R.-Mitchell-Prugh-798779-a.html

Crystal's Attorney

Charles B.
Pomona Park FL
Also address on St. Johns Ave Palatka

I did a Fl Bar search- found nothing other than what you mentioned on either of them.

Ron's attorney during custody-

R. Mitchell P.
Melrose FL

Crystal's Attorney

Charles B.
I did a Fl Bar search- found nothing other than what you mentioned on either of them.

[snip attempted by LFl, who is dumb about doing so]

Thank you, pi. [btw - forgot to tell you Happy Pi Day, yesterday.]

Alright, time for me to slog thru court docs. [Why I don't just pick up the phone and ask, I don't know, lol.]

Missed my kid's appt while on that phone call just now. Ackk... When it rains, it pours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back