Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt JWB was present.

Also as noted in several articles:
Before the defense began, Judge Sasser told the plaintiffs she was not allowing Jennifer Windsor Ball’s affidavit into evidence.

So you think the judge didn't allow her affidavit into evidence because she didn't make the road trip... or do you suppose there was another reason?

Also as noted in several articles:
Before the defense began, Judge Sasser told the plaintiffs she was not allowing Jennifer Windsor Ball’s affidavit into evidence.

So you think the judge didn't allow her affidavit into evidence because she didn't make the road trip... or do you suppose there was another reason?

How can she be cross examined if she is not there to testify to what she put in an affidavit ? The defense must be given the opportunity to cross examine witnesses against. Why would the judge allow an affidavit if the person cannot attend court to testify to the accuracy of their account ?

Star12, why did you feel the need to say that? I have it for a reason. I will give it to them when I give it to them.

How can she be cross examined if she is not there to testify to what she put in an affidavit ? The defense must be given the opportunity to cross examine witnesses against. Why would the judge allow an affidavit if the person cannot attend court to testify to the accuracy of their account ?

So anyone submitting an affidvait, from either side, had to be in attendance today in order for their statements to be considered?

WRAL update - Dr. Ghould for the defense:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3750528/

The first witness for the defendants, Dr. Jonathan Ghould, testified that he found Brad Cooper to be normal with no significant anger issues during an evaluation. He said he was not surprised that Brad Cooper had some frustrations because of the circumstances he is under.

Update wake mync:

http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/11171/custody-battle-in-cooper-case-begins/

He said Cooper showed no abnormalities or mental illness, and showed no inappropriate or at-risk behavior towards his children.
Much like an armadillo, Dr. Gould said Cooper has a tendency to retreat into himself when confronted with emotionally significant events.
Brad Cooper does not normally tend to be an angry person, but Dr. Gould said he was very frustrated with the situation he found himself in.
Dr. Gould testified he couldn’t accurately predict if Cooper was a flight risk, bud did not believe there was a major risk there.
The doctor acknowledged that the only other person he interviewed as part of his analysis was Scott Heider, who is the husband of a woman Brad Cooper has admitted to sleeping with.
Under cross examination, Dr. Gould admitted that it he was advocating for Brad Cooper, it would be “quite extraordinary” to only interview one other person, much less someone in Heider’s position.

Darn! Thought I could beat you just ONCE!!:crazy:

You did ! - Jinx is on me ! :crazy:

Interesting how different the conclusions are between the two Drs aye ? Wonder if the difference in timing could explain that ? As I recall Brad said he went to Dr. Ghould in early August - the tests with Dr. Hilkey were just last week after the 7 hours of deposition. Any ideas ?

Interesting how different the conclusions are between the two Drs aye ?

Neither interesting nor surprising. It's exactly as predicted, and aligns with: One doctor was paid for by the plaintiffs, the other doc was paid for by the defense. Push.

Interesting how different the conclusions are between the two Drs aye ? Wonder if the difference in timing could explain that ? As I recall Brad said he went to Dr. Ghould in early August - the tests with Dr. Hilkey were just last week after the 7 hours of deposition. Any ideas ?
Is it possible Brad may still owe Dr Gould some moolah? :)

Well, an obvious difference could be bias toward a the party that's paying -- I sort of thought that's what Dr Gould meant when he said he was "advocating" for BC. What do you think? Have you heard that term used by expert witnesses ("advocating" for or against a side)?

I just got back from the hearing today. I am exhausted sitting so long on a hard bench all day, plus having no sleep last night.

I have no idea what has been posted about today's hearing, so before I try to type it all up I will read what has already been put out by the media.

All I can say is the tears flowed today when NC last voice recording to her family was presented. It was her calling her parents to make sure they got home safely from their trip and to mention how the house was a mess.

The hardest to sit thru was Mrs. Rentz testimony when she tells how NC cried so hard at the Charlotte airport when it was time for them to get on the plane. I have all the exact wording written which I will post soon.

Did I feel anything jumped out against BC to not being a fit parent? NO
I will elaborate later on this.

That, and BC paid for Gould, and it was only one day. Hilke did a more indepth evaluation.

Well, an obvious difference could be bias toward a the party that's paying -- I sort of thought that's what Dr Gould meant when he said he was "advocating" for BC. What do you think? Have you heard that term used by expert witnesses ("advocating" for or against a side)?

Honestly I'm not sure what the Dr means by that comment. I almost think he is denying any advocacy because he says he only interviewed one person besides Brad - if advocating he would have interviewed more. Not really sure.

But I do think the difference in timing and circumstances may have some bearing on the outcomes regardless of who was paying. For example, we know from all the data we have that things in the marriage started getting pretty rough around February/March. By July the build up of frustration and anger may have hit a peak perhaps. In August, early August, what real pressure other than the custody issue was on Brad ? By the first week in October he had just undergone 7 hours of deposition, which of course was not friendly, followed by an immediate evaluation the next day - no cooling down time so to speak. I think it may account for some of the difference although not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper