Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, this is just so poetic. If it's true that Brad didn't clean, and he left so much of a mess that wormy things showed up, which caused Nancy to call the exterminator on the 7th, who arrives and sees the mess in the garage (and the wormy things), and can now testify about both, then Brad really has caused that great circle of Karma to come back around in a hurry!

Please. What a man considers clean and what a woman considers clean are two very different things.....just ask my wife.

Maybe all those photos were taken before she got the pendant?

Of course, she isn't wearing the pendant in the "missing person" flyer...so I'd say she "never" takes it off isn't exactly true.

<thud>

When were these photos taken in relation to the last one ?
If they were taken after, you have a point.
If not, <thud>

I just got back from the hearing today. I am exhausted sitting so long on a hard bench all day, plus having no sleep last night.

I have no idea what has been posted about today's hearing, so before I try to type it all up I will read what has already been put out by the media.

All I can say is the tears flowed today when NC last voice recording to her family was presented. It was her calling her parents to make sure they got home safely from their trip and to mention how the house was a mess.

The hardest to sit thru was Mrs. Rentz testimony when she tells how NC cried so hard at the Charlotte airport when it was time for them to get on the plane. I have all the exact wording written which I will post soon.

Did I feel anything jumped out against BC to not being a fit parent? NO
I will elaborate later on this.

Hey, Mom!!! I am so glad you are back! I can't wait to hear what you have to say!!!

I do not know if the media has put out who Brett was...

Brett Wilson is who NC was talking to. NC had plans to meet up with Brett when she arrived to Canada.

I came away after listening to NC family and friends, NC was definitely moving to Canada. She had made contacts for jobs already per Krista.

Please. What a man considers clean and what a woman considers clean are two very different things.....just ask my wife.

Out of curiosity - what would the "wormy things" be, do you know? We have what's called silverfish here. I had them when I lived in a high rise. I was told they came inbedded in the concrete.

Wade Smith cross examined Ms. Zednick: http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/11171/custody-battle-in-cooper-case-begins/

"I think it was her. In my opinion it was her," said Zednick. "She was so close to me."
Attorney Wade Smith cross examined Zednick, attempting to establish that the split-second sighting was too quick to really recognize a complete stranger.
"Her head turned, because she kept running," said Zednick. "She did not stop."

Hey, Mom!!! I am so glad you are back! I can't wait to hear what you have to say!!!
I really don't know what has already been told thru the media, but I will put my notes out in small bits. There is much to tell.

Krista told Bella always asks...
1-why mommy had to leave her?
2-does mommy still love me?
3-why do I have to speak to daddy, mommy's not there?
4-can mommy see me?

Closing arguements done - note Brad did not take the stand and neither did Detective Daniels:

http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/11171/custody-battle-in-cooper-case-begins/

With that, Attorney Wade Smith began closing arguments.
Smith said like the defense, they don't know who killed Nancy Cooper, and in fact he hoped that Brad Cooper did not; however they are troubled by the evidence in this case and because of that, Brad Cooper should not be granted custody of his daughters.
"There is evidence, your honor, that would lead you to believe that he is cold and he is calculating," said Smith.

Sandlin:

http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/11171/custody-battle-in-cooper-case-begins/

Sandlin did not take much time with her closing arguments.

"I haven't heard any evidence that Mr. Cooper had anything to do with his wife's murder," said Sandlin.
She said people are jumping to conclusions that he was responsible for Nancy Cooper's death simply because there aren't any other suspects.
Sandlin argued that nobody testified that Brad Cooper was anything but a model father.
"This is already having an effect on these children. Already. These children need to be with their father," said Sandlin.
She went on to blast the testimony of the plaintiff's psychological expert, saying he basically plagiarized his answers because the tests were sent off to be computer-analyzed.

Hi All,

I was in the courtroom today as well. It was sort of surreal watching everything in person. Long day...very long day.

The friend who called Interact was Susan Crook. Hannah P. was so worried after she saw the list made by Brad that Nancy showed her, along with other things, that she called Crook and asked her for some help. Crook has a masters' in counseling and Crook called Interact. However, no other information was mentioned and whether Nancy ever talked to Interact herself I don't know.

Smith said like the defense, they don't know who killed Nancy Cooper, and in fact he hoped that Brad Cooper did not; however they are troubled by the evidence in this case and because of that, Brad Cooper should not be granted custody of his daughters.

"There is evidence, your honor, that would lead you to believe that he is cold and he is calculating," said Smith.

Smith went on to argue that Bella and Katie would model the bad behavior that Brad Cooper has exhibited.

He said the fact that Cooper never once reached out to Nancy Cooper's family - even before her body was found - is simply not tolerable.

A husband who loves his wife and honors her as the mother of his children would go to a memorial service. Would call her family," said Smith. "To fail to do so is weird and bizarre."

The friend who called Interact was Susan Crook. Hannah P. was so worried after she saw the list made by Brad that Nancy showed her, along with other things, that she called Crook and asked her for some help. Crook has a masters' in counseling and Crook called Interact. However, no other information was mentioned and whether Nancy ever talked to Interact herself I don't know.

Thanks for clearing that up SG - the way it was written in the news reports, it was unclear exactly who called Interact. Now we know.

Hi All,

I was in the courtroom today as well. It was sort of surreal watching everything in person. Long day...very long day.

I was wondering if you went!!

I bet it WAS surreal...

There was no evidence of any physical abuse towards the girls or Nancy that was presented (not counting, of course, the murder itself) during the time I was there (until 5pm). Everyone testified to lots of tension, financial controls, and the common motive among all the witnesses who believe Brad committed the murder is MONEY.

The acoustics in the courtroom were horrible because the microphones weren't working and it was very hard to hear several of the witnesses with their soft voices and people in the back shuffling papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper