Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to meet and chat with Detective Daniels. There were some "Town of Cary" employees there, but in what capacity they are employed I don't know. Mom and I settled the bet once and for all: I asked Det. Daniels if JA Young is a man or a woman (Mom was still convinced it was a woman)...but nope. He's a ... well...he.

The courtroom was freezing in the morning...not nearly as bad in the afternoon, but unfortunately the psychologist testimony was deadly dull and I had a pounding headache and by 5pm was more than ready to leave for the day.

Recognized and chatted with a couple of the 'friends' during breaks/rides in the elevator and I was impressed by how supportive the group of NC friends all are towards each other. Even the spouses were there to lend support to their wives. Just got a very warm feeling that they truly care about each other and just want to see justice done.

I would like to know if the two spouses who said they wanted to F Nancy were there, supporting their wives.

I would like to know what KL meant when she said she expressed her disappointment with NC when she learned of her first affair. Typically you don't use the word "first" if there was a single affair.

As JTF said earlier...absolutely NO recording devices or any transmission of data, email or anything was permitted during court, and all cell phones were to be turned off. The judge told everyone this a couple times and said she was VERY serious and would hold anyone in contempt of court. There were sheriff deputies around to watch the room and make sure there was compliance. Laptop computers were allowed to be used, but no access (the courthouse does not have wireless access as far as I know) or sending anything is allowed. I had my laptop with me in the afternoon and took some notes on it.

I felt so bad for the exterminator. He said he had just gotten Internet access setup a few days ago and then saw this 'review' or something that made an accusation of him. Sandlin tried to push it hard but Stubbs ...stubbed it out and Sandlin withdrew. But she made her point and then Mr. Beard gave a little speech at the end that he has no idea who posted this lie about him but he's furious, it's absolutely not true, and he looked at the judge and the defense and said he wants to know WHO WROTE THIS ABOUT HIM because he's going to sue. The judge seemed very apologetic towards his plight. He was on the stand for maybe 10 min but had spent the entire morning waiting to be called.

Mr. Beard reiterated that there were toys all over the garage the day he was there and a car could not have been put into that garage. Sandlin countered by asking him if he had seen the garage on June 28th (the day Brad says he cleaned the garage)...and of course he hadn't.

Nice deflection by Ms. Sandlin.

Interesting about him wanting to know who posted the info. Interesting we were just discussing it a few days ago as well ? ? ?

Does something smell ?

Nice deflection by Ms. Sandlin.

Interesting about him wanting to know who posted the info. Interesting we were just discussing it a few days ago as well ? ? ?

I hope he wasn't talking about us!!!!!!!!!

I would like to know if the two spouses who said they wanted to F Nancy were there, supporting their wives.
Neither the Morwicks nor the Duncans were in the courtroom (and by neither I mean neither the husbands nor the wives).

Does something smell ?

He was really upset...obviously upset and hurt. I felt horrible for him.

He was really upset...obviously upset and hurt. I felt horrible for him.

What I can't figure out is... the two Beards were confused. One was guilty of something with teenagers and one was the bug man.

Now, once we got that straight, how did the bug man end up with someone saying he was going through a teenage girl's underwear drawer??

I hope he wasn't talking about us!!!!!!!!!

No I don't think so - I think he is wondering who posted it to the net to start with. My ? ? ? was recalling a couple of posters linking it here and then posting he was an RSO - which was debunked. Was K & B watching or did they already know is all I was getting at.

I think Mom may have posted this, but probably the most emotional testimony was from Mrs. Rentz. She was only on the stand for maybe 10 min but she cried and it was just so sad to listen to her. She's very soft spoken and her pain is evident. I got all teary-eyed when she started crying about the last time she saw Nancy.

Krista was also heartbreaking on the stand as she described her bond with her sister.

Their other sister, Jill Dean and her husband were in the courtroom....Jill is a gorgeous woman...all the Rentz ladies are lovely--I don't think the TV cameras do them justice.

Everyone (to me) looks soooo tall. I felt like Tim Conway (doing Dorf on Golf). Next time I'm getting some stilts!

Jessica did very well on the stand. The entire 911 tape was played, including the redacted pieces. The defense complained that they didn't get a copy of the entire recording and only got the edited version (sounded a bit whiny when Kurtz was making this statement to the judge).

Carey Clark apparently works at a veterinary office somewhere and Jessica had suggested to Brad that he could look for her (Carey) there on that Saturday morning. Jessica had not personally met Carey Clark before but did know of her.

** Note: Jessica had suggested to Brad that Brad look at NC's phone to get Carey's phone number since Nancy is the one who regularly ran with it. Brad said, "Oooh that's a good idea." Then he looked and said, "Oh her phone is locked!"

Hannah was very powerful on the stand. She was clear, decisive, a real pistol who did not back down and was very sure of herself. She testified that once Nancy got her diamond necklace (last Oct I think) she personally did not see Nancy without the necklace on. Sandlin asked Hannah if Nancy could have taken the necklace off to have it cleaned and Hannah stated she had no knowledge of such a thing and could not speculate on that. But it was the necklace not being on Nancy (and being found in Brad's possession) that cemented the 'who done it' for Hannah.

Out of curiosity - what would the "wormy things" be, do you know? We have what's called silverfish here. I had them when I lived in a high rise. I was told they came inbedded in the concrete.

We get some crazy bugs here in NC. When I first moved to NC in 2004, we had an infestation of these little things that looked wormy or like tiny caterpillars. They covered our house outside and many found there way inside. Our neighbors barely had any...it was strange. I don't know if thats what it was, but that is what it sounds like. Having a clean house wouldn't have made a difference...it's not like mice our cockroaches.

No I don't think so - I think he is wondering who posted it to the net to start with. My ? ? ? was recalling a couple of posters linking it here and then posting he was an RSO - which was debunked. Was K & B watching or did they already know is all I was getting at.

RSO is not on my list of abbreviations! Does not compute... :confused:

how did the bug man end up with someone saying he was going through a teenage girl's underwear drawer??

I don't know who it was, but someone posted the information about him and it sounded like it was on some kind of review site because Sandlin asked him about his 'reviews' and Stubbs attempted to limit the scope and then they both looked at a laptop screen along with Beard and then Beard reacted and kept saying, "THAT isn't true..." And Stubbs had to try and lay some foundation, asking "WHAT isn't true? I don't what "that" is that is being talked about." A bit of a roundy roundy going on.

I think Mom may have posted this, but probably the most emotional testimony was from Mrs. Rentz. She was only on the stand for maybe 10 min but she cried and it was just so sad to listen to her. She's very soft spoken and her pain is evident. I got all teary-eyed when she started crying about the last time she saw Nancy.

Krista was also heartbreaking on the stand as she described her bond with her sister.

Their other sister, Jill Dean and her husband were in the courtroom....Jill is a gorgeous woman...all the Rentz ladies are lovely--I don't think the TV cameras do them justice.

Everyone (to me) looks soooo tall. I felt like Tim Conway (doing Dorf on Golf). Next time I'm getting some stilts!

Jessica did very well on the stand. The entire 911 tape was played, including the redacted pieces. Carey Clark apparently works at a veterinary office somewhere and Jessica had suggested to Brad that he could look for her (Carrie) there on that Saturday morning. Jessica had not personally met Carey Clark before but did know of her.

** Note: Jessica had suggested to Brad that Brad look at NC's phone to get Carey's phone number since Nancy is the one who regularly ran with it. Brad said, "Oooh that's a good idea." Then he looked and said, "Oh her phone is locked!"

Hannah was very powerful on the stand. She was clear, decisive, a real pistol who did not back down and was very sure of herself. She testified that once Nancy got her diamond necklace (last Oct I think) she personally did not see Nancy without the necklace on. Sandlin asked Hannah if Nancy could have taken the necklace off to have it cleaned and Hannah stated she had no knowledge of such a thing and could not speculate on that. But it was the necklace not being on Nancy (and being found in Brad's desk) that cemented the 'who done it' for Hannah.

Who said it was found in BRAD'S desk?!

Jessica did very well on the stand. The entire 911 tape was played, including the redacted pieces. Carey Clark apparently works at a veterinary office somewhere and Jessica had suggested to Brad that he could look for her (Carrie) there on that Saturday morning. Jessica had not personally met Carey Clark before but did know of her.

Hannah was very powerful on the stand. She was clear, decisive, a real pistol who did not back down and was very sure of herself. She testified that once Nancy got her diamond necklace (last Oct I think) she personally did not see Nancy without the necklace on. Sandlin asked Hannah if Nancy could have taken the necklace off to have it cleaned and Hannah stated she had no knowledge of such a thing and could not speculate on that. But it was the necklace not being on Nancy (and being found in Brad's desk) that cemented the 'who done it' for Hannah.

So the pendent was purchased in October of 07 and was found in Brad's desk.

In Brad's depo he says where the necklace is but it was not in his desk that he said. Will go look at the stupid deposition again to hear where he says it was. Thanks.

I just read Mike M's affidavits back to back (he submitted for both Brad and the Rentz's. Very odd. Both sides of the fence, perhaps? Very odd.

Not both sides of the fence. In one he regurgitated the hearsay. In the other he stated what he did(n't) see.

I don't know who it was, but someone posted the information about him and it sounded like it was on some kind of review site because Sandlin asked him about his 'reviews' and Stubbs attempted to limit the scope and then they both looked at a laptop screen along with Beard and then Beard reacted and kept saying, "THAT isn't true..." And Stubbs had to try and lay some foundation, asking "WHAT isn't true? I don't what "that" is that is being talked about." A bit of a roundy roundy going on.

Bob & Bob posted the original link - will go find it and refer the post number for reference. Then there was the accusation he was an RSO which is not true either. BRB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper