Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Brad's depo he says where the necklace is but it was not in his desk that he said. Will go look at the stupid deposition again to hear where he says it was. Thanks.

Okay then it's my mistake if the diamond necklace was not in Brad's desk...I was going by memory...this is not something that Hannah said...she merely commented that when she found out that Nancy wasn't found wearing the necklace AND that Brad had it in his possession then that was significant to her.

I think Mom may have posted this, but probably the most emotional testimony was from Mrs. Rentz. She was only on the stand for maybe 10 min but she cried and it was just so sad to listen to her. She's very soft spoken and her pain is evident. I got all teary-eyed when she started crying about the last time she saw Nancy.

Krista was also heartbreaking on the stand as she described her bond with her sister.

Their other sister, Jill Dean and her husband were in the courtroom....Jill is a gorgeous woman...all the Rentz ladies are lovely--I don't think the TV cameras do them justice.

Everyone (to me) looks soooo tall. I felt like Tim Conway (doing Dorf on Golf). Next time I'm getting some stilts!

Jessica did very well on the stand. The entire 911 tape was played, including the redacted pieces. The defense complained that they didn't get a copy of the entire recording and only got the edited version (sounded a bit whiny when Kurtz was making this statement to the judge).

Carey Clark apparently works at a veterinary office somewhere and Jessica had suggested to Brad that he could look for her (Carey) there on that Saturday morning. Jessica had not personally met Carey Clark before but did know of her.

** Note: Jessica had suggested to Brad that Brad look at NC's phone to get Carey's phone number since Nancy is the one who regularly ran with it. Brad said, "Oooh that's a good idea." Then he looked and said, "Oh her phone is locked!"

Hannah was very powerful on the stand. She was clear, decisive, a real pistol who did not back down and was very sure of herself. She testified that once Nancy got her diamond necklace (last Oct I think) she personally did not see Nancy without the necklace on. Sandlin asked Hannah if Nancy could have taken the necklace off to have it cleaned and Hannah stated she had no knowledge of such a thing and could not speculate on that. But it was the necklace not being on Nancy (and being found in Brad's desk) that cemented the 'who done it' for Hannah.

That's a pretty important statement (about the phone).

Okay then it's my mistake if the diamond necklace was not in Brad's desk...I was going by memory...this is not something that Hannah said...she merely commented that when she found out that Nancy wasn't found wearing the necklace AND that Brad had it in his possession then that was significant to her.

I wasn't focused on the desk part as in, I hadn't heard that specific part before, I was just asking about it being specifically in Brad's possession because that sounds so damning!

The other thing that stood out for me is that the time Brad actually left to go "looking" for Nancy was much closer to 1:30pm. Jessica said she was at the Cooper house meeting the police around 2pm and Brad didn't return until 3pm.

** Note: Jessica had suggested to Brad that Brad look at NC's phone to get Carey's phone number since Nancy is the one who regularly ran with it. Brad said, "Oooh that's a good idea." Then he looked and said, "Oh her phone is locked!"

So was it JA testimony that BC said her phone was locked? Once again it poses the question - If the phone was locked then how did HE make the 6:40 call to himself from her phone?

So was it JA testimony that BC said her phone was locked? Once again it poses the question - If the phone was locked then how did HE make the 6:40 call to himself from her phone?

1) Brad could have just said that to slow down any real attempt to look for Nancy because
2) He knew the password.

I really don't know what has already been told thru the media, but I will put my notes out in small bits. There is much to tell.

Krista told Bella always asks...
1-why mommy had to leave her?
2-does mommy still love me?
3-why do I have to speak to daddy, mommy's not there?
4-can mommy see me?

I can't read much more.

I guess it's back to reading about politics and
the celebrity baby blog.

Hannah also described some strange behavior by Brad when Nancy was still missing. Hannah had the girls over at her house, along with Krista, and Brad wanted to pick the girls up. Hannah had just gotten Katie down for a nap and she was sleeping and she asked Brad if the kids could stay for awhile, let Katie sleep, and Bella could continue visiting with Krista. She said Brad said yes, but then "showed up on her (Hannah's) doorstep 10 min later to get the kids." She said he woke up Katie, who had been napping, and Bella was VERY UPSET and clinging to Krista and she did not want to leave Krista. This is before Nancy's body was found, I think. Anyway, Hannah was upset by this scene and confused why Brad acted like that.

Also, in her testimony she said she went over the the Cooper residence to help with the kids while Nancy was still missing (I believe this was on 7/13) and Brad was sitting at the table with 3 detectives and Bella was "disheveled and zoned out in front of the TV and was very hungry." Hannah I guess took the kids with her and got Bella fed. Questioning was cut off after that so I don't know how this all played out but the point was made that Hannah was very concerned about Bella's appearance and how hungry she said she was.

Garner_NC - i don't know how my name got linked to what you quoted but I can't answer this as I didn't say it - not sure who did. Check again okay - looks like something messed up.

I need to check this out to see if this was during JA's testimony or HP's testimony. It was def. one of the two...Mom took very copious notes and I was a slug during the morning so ... let me take a pass and double-check that.

1) Brad could have just said that to slow down any real attempt to look for Nancy because
2) He knew the password.

I'm sure she would have made sure he did not know her password if that is where she was storing notes relative to the seperation and since we know that she was receiving phone calls or text messages from Brett, I'm sure she changed it frequently.

Krista testified that Brad "never" cleaned the house or did those kinds of things to help out. His 4+ hr cleaning binge was a huge red flag.

For Gary the bug man - if he happens to read here or anyone who happens to know him :

The person who posted the story was a person by the name of Lisa. It was originally posted here as a link. You can find the link at the following location:

Nancy Cooper General Thread #27

Page 11

Post #267

Feel bad for you dude !

I'm sure she would have made sure he did not know her password if that is where she was storing notes relative to the seperation and since we know that she was receiving phone calls or text messages from Brett, I'm sure she changed it frequently.

That could very well be.

Glad you are posting again!

Garner_NC - i don't know how my name got linked to what you quoted but I can't answer this as I didn't say it - not sure who did. Check again okay - looks like something messed up.

That is weird - it was SG's quote. Sorry about that. I'll double check the name before it post again to confirm.

MT3K - I'm also just waiting and didn't want to interrupt. Thank you to both you and SG for going today!!

That is weird - it was SG's quote. Sorry about that. I'll double check the name before it post again to confirm.

Ahhh - don't worry about it - it seems to happen now and then and it was probably nothing you did - have seen it do this before on the board.

I just didn't want you to think I was not answering you !

I'm sorry my impressions are so fragmented. I normally have my thoughts together and flowing more cohesively. I still have a headache even after popping some ibuprofen--sinuses have been pounding since after lunch.

Anyway, my heart was just breaking listening to Krista...she was so scared for Nancy and begged her father to 'go get her and bring her home.' You could feel her despair, sadness, anger, frustration...all of it. As hard as it is to lose a sibling, it must be 10 times worse losing a twin. I cannot imagine the pain. I could only feel some of it coming from Krista's testimony and what I felt was overwhelming and likely only a tiny fraction of what she feels every day.

Her face just lit up though when she was describing each of the kids and what each is like, their personalities, their likes...there was a cute little bit about Bella's favorite animal and whether it's horses or dogs and Krista described Bella's interest in each...it was a light moment. Krista & Jim gave away their dog (and yes, I almost started bawling just hearing that cause...well..you know...I couldn't do it.) and she said the kids run up to people who have dogs when they see them and ask to pet them.

The part where Krista was describing Bella's reaction to her mother's death and all the questions that Bella asks a lot was so sad. She's asking really important, profound questions, and Krista has been consulting their child psychologist to make sure and give answers to Bella that won't cause her any more pain than what she's already gone through. That poor little 4.5 year old is struggling to understand where Mommy went, why she can't see her, if Mommy can still see her back, if Mommy still loves her, etc, etc. oh man. It's just really tough stuff.

Jim Lister was great on the stand too. You can see that he adores his neices and is taking the time to care for them and get to know each of them and what is unique/special about each of them. There is absolutely no doubt that the kids are in a loving home.

Something Krista said that I think is very wise is that she is NOT telling the kids that they will not be living with their Dad or going back to NC...she's been very careful to tell the kids that they have TWO homes and lots of people who love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin