Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I was in the courtroom today as well. It was sort of surreal watching everything in person. Long day...very long day.
Good Luck in getting a response if you don't have a link to post. I've tried. Too tired after a long day to sit and look at each other. Great seeing you again!

Thanks for clearing that up SG - the way it was written in the news reports, it was unclear exactly who called Interact. Now we know.

That last article you posted also cleared it up... it's a really good article... pretty much lists all the people and what they had to say...

Good Luck in getting a response if you don't have a link to post. I've tried. Too tired after a long day to sit and look at each other. Great seeing you again!

Don't feel that way Mt3K - the silence may just be we are waiting, rather than interupting again.

Pretty sad when a little girl asks why she has to talk to her dad because mommy's not there. gut wrenching.

Don't feel that way Mt3K - the silence may just be we are waiting, rather than interupting again.

Pretty sad when a little girl asks why she has to talk to her dad because mommy's not there. gut wrenching.

I know I am waiting...
... although I am also interrupting...

One 'uh-oh' moment that left an impression on me is that the kids have been in town all week and Brad has not been allowed to see them because, according to Krista, "the court didn't order visitation with him." (This was when Krista was on the stand.) Krista made it very clear that she believes Brad should never see his kids again...not even if he's not charged for the crime (Sandlin pushed on this issue). Krista of course believes Brad will be in jail therefore his seeing the girls won't be an issue (the courtroom snickered loudly when she blurted that out), but it does show the level of hostility between the Listers and Cooper.

As for the webcam visits, the Listers allow the webcam visits to go longer than the allotted 15 min because the girls misbehave and are so rambunctious that it's hard to get a good quality 15 min in and get them to stay at the computer. Both Krista and Jim Lister said that the webcam visits are not working well because of the effect it's having on the kids. They recorded some of these visits and the judge will look at the recordings.

yup. waiting. no link required.

update from the news & observer:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1257208.html

In closing arguments, an attorney for the slain woman's family argued her husband has a volatile temper. "If they go to live with him, they will model him," said Wade Smith. "They will model a man who is angry, and self-indulgent and egocentric and can act out in an aggressive way if his competence is challenged or if he is maligned."

Bradley Cooper's lawyer said assertions by Nancy Cooper's family that he killed his wife are unfounded. "The husband must have done it because we don't have any other suspects," said Deborah Sandlin, characterizing investigators' logic. "Police had a theory, and their theory was that it was Brad Cooper."

Mt3K and SG -- please give us your thoughts on what you saw and heard today...

Like RC mentioned - I'm one just waiting for you to post more. You've already given us info which has not been reported in the media. I'm so grateful to you and SG for attending today.

There was no evidence of any physical abuse towards the girls or Nancy that was presented (not counting, of course, the murder itself) during the time I was there (until 5pm). Everyone testified to lots of tension, financial controls, and the common motive among all the witnesses who believe Brad committed the murder is MONEY.

The acoustics in the courtroom were horrible because the microphones weren't working and it was very hard to hear several of the witnesses with their soft voices and people in the back shuffling papers.

Thanks for going - it'll be interesting to hear more of your thoughts.

I find it odd that everyone thinks this was over money. According to the vidavits (video affidavit, like that?) the insurance policy on Nancy was a whopping $25K. And while Brad would have to pay child support, and probably alimony for a while - I can't see Nancy staying single forever so that part of the support would go away, and support of all sorts would likely be reduced when she started working. The children, whether they were with Brad or Nancy would still require funding after the divorce, so just exactly how much money would he think he'd be saving?

I believe that I have read somewhere that usually men's standard of living improves after a divorce normally and women's declines. I know that's a generalization, but still.... (Although perhaps this is not the case when you have AS as your attorney....)

And he had to know that he'd have to hire an attorney if his wife ended up dead unless he did a better job offering up a reasonable suspect - he's spent more than probably 2 years of child support in the past 90 days....

I do not know if the media has put out who Brett was...

Brett Wilson is who NC was talking to. NC had plans to meet up with Brett when she arrived to Canada.

I came away after listening to NC family and friends, NC was definitely moving to Canada. She had made contacts for jobs already per Krista.

He's the one Brad said Nancy had breakfast with after her first date with Brad.

Thanks for going to the hearing, Mom and SG!!

Oh - and what's up with the web chats? web chats between WHOM????

SG - here come the questions.

Did you see MH testify ? If so did he repeat that LE supposedly tried to coerce him during the last interview he had with LE ?

I got to meet and chat with Detective Daniels. There were some "Town of Cary" employees there, but in what capacity they are employed I don't know. Mom and I settled the bet once and for all: I asked Det. Daniels if JA Young is a man or a woman (Mom was still convinced it was a woman)...but nope. He's a ... well...he.

The courtroom was freezing in the morning...not nearly as bad in the afternoon, but unfortunately the psychologist testimony was deadly dull and I had a pounding headache and by 5pm was more than ready to leave for the day.

Recognized and chatted with a couple of the 'friends' during breaks/rides in the elevator and I was impressed by how supportive the group of NC friends all are towards each other. Even the spouses were there to lend support to their wives. Just got a very warm feeling that they truly care about each other and just want to see justice done.

One 'uh-oh' moment that left an impression on me is that the kids have been in town all week and Brad has not been allowed to see them because, according to Krista, "the court didn't order visitation with him." (This was when Krista was on the stand.) Krista made it very clear that she believes Brad should never see his kids again...not even if he's not charged for the crime (Sandlin pushed on this issue). Krista of course believes Brad will be in jail therefore his seeing the girls won't be an issue (the courtroom snickered loudly when she blurted that out), but it does show the level of hostility between the Listers and Cooper.

As for the webcam visits, the Listers allow the webcam visits to go longer than the allotted 15 min because the girls misbehave and are so rambunctious that it's hard to get a good quality 15 min in and get them to stay at the computer. Both Krista and Jim Lister said that the webcam visits are not working well because of the effect it's having on the kids. They recorded some of these visits and the judge will look at the recordings.

just curious...what was BC's reaction, if any, to Krista's comment that he would be in jail and the background snickering?
also, good to know that the Lister's have recorded some of the web cam visits. will give the judge more of a first-hand look, so to speak.

Did you see MH testify ? If so did he repeat that LE supposedly tried to coerce him during the last interview he had with LE ?

Didn't know if he was there or not (I don't know what he looks like) and I did not see him testify if he was there. I saw no friends of Brad's there, though his family was there (Dad, Mom and some other people sitting near them).

Please. What a man considers clean and what a woman considers clean are two very different things.....just ask my wife.

Or my husband. You did see my "If" at the beginning, yes? Anyway, even if Brad didn't think he left a mess, what NC saw did cause her to call the the exterminator.

Who needs a link? We've had links all day.

You ladies are our very own LIVE links. :blowkiss:

I felt so bad for the exterminator. He said he had just gotten Internet access setup a few days ago and then saw this 'review' or something that made an accusation of him. Sandlin tried to push it hard but Stubbs ...stubbed it out and Sandlin withdrew. But she made her point and then Mr. Beard gave a little speech at the end that he has no idea who posted this lie about him but he's furious, it's absolutely not true, and he looked at the judge and the defense and said he wants to know WHO WROTE THIS ABOUT HIM because he's going to sue. The judge seemed very apologetic towards his plight. He was on the stand for maybe 10 min but had spent the entire morning waiting to be called.

Mr. Beard reiterated that there were toys all over the garage the day he was there and a car could not have been put into that garage. Sandlin countered by asking him if he had seen the garage on June 28th (the day Brad says he cleaned the garage)...and of course he hadn't.

Didn't know if he was there or not (I don't know what he looks like) and I did not see him testify if he was there. I saw no friends of Brad's there, though his family was there (Dad, Mom and some other people sitting near them).

Was just curious if he would repeat that with the lead detective in the wings. Thanks for going and sharing ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper