Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom, if no one ever answered your question about how to start a new thread, there is a link at the top of the page to start one. Go for it!
Thanks, but no one answered. I removed the post. I am putting what I typed on here and then gone for the day.

The deposition was the Rentz families attorney asking him questions. It wasn't his own attorney. He was never asked how he feels about his children. He was never really asked about the children.

I know who was asking the questions ! He had the opportunity to express his love or how much he missed them. Instead he says he wants to see his girls again-- his primary objective. When pressed, he mentioned helping with the investigation of Nancy's death.

I just think it odd that when he is spending all this money and time supposedly fighting for his girls, he express his love for them .I guess that goes with his personality ? upbringing ? stick to the facts?

To answer some of these:

4. NC hasn't testified obviously. I would argue (and have already) that her idea of clean and his idea of clean could be different. He said in his deposition that she was upset about certain things he didn't do.
7. I don't know where you get this from....no testimony anywhere backing this from what I can remember.
8. Complete speculation.
9. Complete speculation.
12. Discussed in detail on this forum. Many "on the fence" agree with his decision not to attend. I wouldn't have either.
13. After watching this seminar from a professor and a police detective, I can pretty much say I wouldn't ever cooperate with police:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8167533318153586646&hl=en
14. Eyewitness seems credible so far.
15. This was expected.
16. I don't blame him for not taking the stand. It wouldn't have been about the kids if he had.
17. Irrelevant.
18. Irrelevant.
19. Obviously
20. Brad is working again at Cisco. He has been for over a month.
21. How do you know this?

Brad will likely never be cleared since he hasn't been named a suspect. My guess is no arrest will ever be made, and he will never be cleared. Custody shouldn't be determined based on this.

Wow... if the person you were married to was murdered, and you didn't do it... you wouldn't go to their funeral?? Despite what ANYbody thought? I can't imagine.

It is often said that there is her side, his side, and then there's the truth.

It follows that there is her version of clean, his version of clean, and then there is true cleanliness

I do not believe that the presence of bugs that no one cares to eradicate are acceptable under the definition of true cleanliness.

And apparently, this was Brad's idea of cleanliness.

If these wormy things are the centipede type things that are prevelant here in NC, that she is talking about...anyone that has had the misfortune of their visitation can tell you that you can erradicate them like mad one day and when you return home the next, those little suckers are back again! They are annoying and difficult to get rid of. Also, because my mom had these this past summer, they just kind of all of the sudden show up and I can assure you my mom is absolute clean freak!

Feel free to quibble with the points you don't agree with...

Well... not wanting to debate it or anything, because again, I get your general point. But since you asked... :)

5. BC did not call NC's parents to tell them that she was missing (he left this up to her friends).
6. BC never called NC's parents to tell them that he was worried about her.

It's true he didn't call, though I recall a friend offereed to call them while he was searching for her, and he took them up on the offer. Relations were tense with the in-laws, so to me these, while accurate, aren't biggies.
11. NC was found with no clothes, jewellry, shoes etc. (these items appear to have been found in the house; he may have gotten rid of these if there had been more time)
We know what she was found wearing, but not what else they found at the scene.
13. BC has not fully cooperated with LE. (They have asked him to come in to be interviewed and he has refused; why doesn't he want the murder investigation to move ahead?)
I thought he stated he has hired an independent private investigator. Perhaps he has lost confidence in CPD's capabilities to solve the case? [ Certainly finding out that they seemingly ignored at least one eyewitness who can coaborate his story wouldn't inspire my confidence... [ He also knows they seem singly focused on him. Even if one is innocent, it may not make sense to talk to them...]

14. An eyewitness says that she saw NC on the morning that she went jogging (...we don't know what other eyewitness accounts are available at this point...)
Indeed, we don't know how many others CPD has ignored because it would mean 'starting over', and having to go through the painful paperwork to submit new search warrants, etc ;)

18. BC does not seem to have many friends.
How do we know this one? (enemies of BC providing the info doesn't count)

20. Brad currently does not work (Will Cisco pay him for the full year or so that it could take for this to be resolved?; Is he able to leave the US during this time?)
In his depo, I thought he said he had been back to work for some time now (though perhaps remotely). I suspect he will remain gainfully employed until such time as (and if) he is arrested.

21. Brad does not have a very solid support network to help him with caring for the children.

How do we know this?

As you know, I am missing many, many points.

Here's a couple more:
22. NC may have had an affair with MM...
23. NC and MM talked at length the night of the party (IIRC)
24. No evidence has been submitted that concretely connects him to the crime.
25. No one offered any testimony/observations of him ever being a violent or unfit parent.
26. He's the biological father, and has not been charged with a crime

Mr. Rentz admitted he was tightening the purse strings on NC.
Sandlin….If you were going to tighten the purse strings, don't you think its fair to say BC needed to do it also?
Rentz…Yes, reasonable to say.

So if her own dad thought it was reasonable, why does everyone else find it controlling? They were both out of control with regards to spending. Also, his monthly take home should be much higher than $5400 unless he was fully doing 401k (which I think he wasn't according to the deposition), or was participating in the Cisco employee stock purchase program.

I know who was asking the questions ! He had the opportunity to express his love or how much he missed them. Instead he says he wants to see his girls again-- his primary objective. When pressed, he mentioned helping with the investigation of Nancy's death.

I just think it odd that when he is spending all this money and time supposedly fighting for his girls, he express his love for them .I guess that goes with his personality ? upbringing ? stick to the facts?

Add to it a lot of stress and nervousness maybe.

So if her own dad thought it was reasonable, why does everyone else find it controlling? They were both out of control with regards to spending. Also, his monthly take home should be much higher than $5400 unless he was fully doing 401k (which I think he wasn't according to the deposition), or was participating in the Cisco employee stock purchase program.
From what I remember in past information is he had just about drained his 401K and it could be he is paying it back if he took it as a loan. I know our plan does allow us 2 loans at one time to be paid back in 12 months. I just remember reading ours to see the specifics.

Thanks, but no one answered. I removed the post. I am putting what I typed on here and then gone for the day.

Please don't attribute that to no one caring or whatnot... it took me a while to even get to your post given that I just logged on and was catching up and trying to read Anderson's post diligently :)

Brad was the one who said his take home was $5400 in his deposition - are you saying he was lying and it should have been more ?

Wow... if the person you were married to was murdered, and you didn't do it... you wouldn't go to their funeral?? Despite what ANYbody thought? I can't imagine.

I don't know exactly what I would or would not do...but this was a media circus and all of the venom at the time was directed at him. NC was dead....him going or not wasn't going to change that. I know people said he should have went for his daughters. But what if he did...and people either gave him the cold shoulder, confronted him, or whatever in front of his daughters, who he did not have custody of at the time.

Let's not rehash that old argument. I understand why he didn't go. I don't think it has anything at all to do with his guilt or innocence.

Mr Rentz was cross exam. quite extensively about how he paid, how much he paid and who he paid the funds to. What he was paying for in the Cooper household, had BC asked for any funds or just NC.

I have in my notes he gave them $23K in Nov 2006.

If these wormy things are the centipede type things that are prevelant here in NC, that she is talking about...anyone that has had the misfortune of their visitation can tell you that you can erradicate them like mad one day and when you return home the next, those little suckers are back again! They are annoying and difficult to get rid of. Also, because my mom had these this past summer, they just kind of all of the sudden show up and I can assure you my mom is absolute clean freak!

Oh, I know bugs do come out and disgust and frustrate all of us! I believe, however, that NC said BC had left dishes in the sink for days and several other things that led me to believe he was not too concerned when bugs were added into the mix.

From what I remember in past information is he had just about drained his 401K and it could be he is paying it back if he took it as a loan. I know our plan does allow us 2 loans at one time to be paid back in 12 months. I just remember reading ours to see the specifics.

That makes sense...yes, a 401k loan repayment would come out of the check before he got it. Thanks.

Brad was the one who said his take home was $5400 in his deposition - are you saying he was lying and it should have been more ?

No I wasn't saying he was lying. I'm saying that $120k/yr should be more than $5400/month. MT3K remembered that he had 401k loans, so that explains why it is less.

Please don't attribute that to no one caring or whatnot... it took me a while to even get to your post given that I just logged on and was catching up and trying to read Anderson's post diligently :)

No, it's not that at all. I don't want a duplicate thread and have it told to me I should know better. It was suggested to do this about the testimony, but was unsure if I should.

I have to leave for the day..hubby is insisting I leave for the day to locate the birthday present I want. Nothing to do with WS. Last night I slept from 7pm to 6am this morning...I was exhausted after a full week with little sleep. Just not enough hours in the day, especially today with other errands to run.

No, it's not that at all. I don't want a duplicate thread and have it told to me I should know better. It was suggested to do this about the testimony, but was unsure if I should.

I have to leave for the day..hubby is insisting I leave for the day to locate the birthday present I want. Nothing to do with WS. Last night I slept from 7pm to 6am this morning...I was exhausted after a full week with little sleep. Just not enough hours in the day, especially today with other errands to run.

Gotcha.

Never be afraid to start a new thread! The mods really prefer it, anyway!
"Testimony" would be a perfect name!

We'll be looking forward to hearing more...

No I wasn't saying he was lying. I'm saying that $120k/yr should be more than $5400/month. MT3K remembered that he had 401k loans, so that explains why it is less.

I also think it was $112K...I could be wrong.
He could also be doing the program for pretax day care and medical care that comes out of your check. I don't remember the name of it. But its a way to save some money at the end of the year than pay direct. This would reduce his monthly take home as well.

Many variables.

Well... not wanting to debate it or anything, because again, I get your general point. But since you asked... :)

It's true he didn't call, though I recall a friend offereed to call them while he was searching for her, and he took them up on the offer. Relations were tense with the in-laws, so to me these, while accurate, aren't biggies.

We know what she was found wearing, but not what else they found at the scene.

I thought he stated he has hired an independent private investigator. Perhaps he has lost confidence in CPD's capabilities to solve the case? [ Certainly finding out that they seemingly ignored at least one eyewitness who can coaborate his story wouldn't inspire my confidence... [ He also knows they seem singly focused on him. Even if one is innocent, it may not make sense to talk to them...]

Indeed, we don't know how many others CPD has ignored because it would mean 'starting over', and having to go through the painful paperwork to submit new search warrants, etc ;)

How do we know this one? (enemies of BC providing the info doesn't count)

In his depo, I thought he said he had been back to work for some time now (though perhaps remotely). I suspect he will remain gainfully employed until such time as (and if) he is arrested.

How do we know this?

Here's a couple more:
22. NC may have had an affair with MM...
23. NC and MM talked at length the night of the party (IIRC)
24. No evidence has been submitted that concretely connects him to the crime.
25. No one offered any testimony/observations of him ever being a violent or unfit parent.
26. He's the biological father, and has not been charged with a crime

NCSU and JS, thanks for clarifying that Brad is now back to work! :) I obviously missed that. I wonder if that means that they are confident that he will be cleared. I have edited the list to reflect this.
I will try respond to some of the other points that I don't get to later, although I see that RC, Jess and JMFLU have responded to a couple. Yes, when I say may or probably, I know that there is some speculation on my part. However, I am sure that Brad knew that she was trying to leave him. They were going through a separation. I noticed that Brad mentioned BW in the deposition, so that is what led me to believe that he MAY have got wind of their connection.

Brad mentions only two friends in the deposition from Canada. WS posters (RKAB, Calgary123, leelee) from Canada that know Brad have commented on this. It appears that they are not very close friends and Brad says that he has not communicated recently with the "friends" that he mentioned in the deposition. Canadian WS posters that know BC also commented on his general disposition, agreeing with one psychologist that talked about BC's deep anger.

The possible affair that NC had with MM only gives me more reason to believe that BC had motive to murder NC, particularly since she had spent so much time talking to him at the party. We do know that BC and NC had a fight the on July 11th, so indeed he must have been angry with her. She wanted the weekly 300 dollars and he was putting off giving this to her. NC's (supposed/don't know if it is confirmed) flirtation with MM on the night of the BBQ, may have added fuel to the fire.

JS, I take the position that I do, because I worry about the children's safety. Better to be safe than sorry. There are so many inconsistencies. NCSU, would you be happy if he were never charged and we later learn that he did commit the murder? Wouldn't it be better to find that out now, before subjecting the beautiful girls to an unsafe childhood? JMHO

That's not what she said - she said it could be. Brad defines the expenses in the deposition. I agree it should be higher. According to his definitions, it doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member