Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know - I don't see it that way. Her sister said she feared for Nancy's safety for months before her death so to me that just reinforces Nancy's dad's comments and beliefs.

ETA - the comments together taken from 2 of Nancy's family members would make me think it would not sound frivolous to the judge.

i have been lurking...and, like everyone else, waiting.

Don't know - I don't see it that way. Her sister said she feared for Nancy's safety for months before her death so to me that just reinforces Nancy's dad's comments and beliefs.

ETA - the comments together taken from 2 of Nancy's family members would make me think it would not sound frivolous to the judge.

GOOD. Thx!

Oh, BTW... since we have this story about her dad's testimony, does that mean the hearing is over since they can't post stories from the courtroom?

Or are they allowed to step outside and post them?

GOOD. Thx!

Oh, BTW... since we have this story about her dad's testimony, does that mean the hearing is over since they can't post stories from the courtroom?

Or are they allowed to step outside and post them?

I don't think the hearing is over but I don't think the judge would allow the reporters to just come and go when they feel like it. So I'm thinking maybe a quick recess was called possibly.

YEEEOOUUCHHH!!!!

Nancy Cooper's family has said in court documents that they do not think she ever went jogging that day.

In opening statements, Alice Stubbs, attorney for Nancy Cooper's family, said there is substantial evidence that links Brad Cooper to the crime.

"We maintain that not only is he a suspect, he is the only suspect," Stubbs said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3750528/

I'll bet knothead and bonehead like that lol!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the hearing is over but I don't think the judge would allow the reporters to just come and go when they feel like it. So I'm thinking maybe a quick recess was called possibly.

Ohhh. Ok. So, the reporters are allowed to post outside the courtroom; it has more to do with interrupting the proceeding being what the judge is concerned about, rather than letting the info out before she is ready?

The other thing to think about, we aren't hearing everything, just what a reporter is putting out. I don't think some of the most poignant statements will be reported. i.e. Krista Lister fearing for Nancy for months, surely she was asked why. I suspect we won't hear those reasons.

From this link I find it interesting that the judge is indeed asking questions:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1257208.html

Taking the witness stand today in a custody hearing about the Coopers' two young daughters, Garry Wrentz was asked by Wake County District Judge Debra Sasser whether he believed Bradley Cooper killed his wife, Nancy. "Yes I do," Wrentz said. When Sasser asked him why, Wrentz said: "He's the only person I can think of with the motivation and the access."

So I go back to my one question for Detective Daniels...ouch !

Holy cow!!!
They have EVIDENCE!!!!

That's my reaction too. Certainly if they are saying they have substantial evidence then they really do. I can't see them blowing smoke just to try and win this custody battle. They must have something they deem solid to make such a bold statment in my opinion.

That's my reaction too. Certainly if they are saying they have substantial evidence then they really do. I can't see them blowing smoke just to try and win this custody battle. They must have something they deem solid to make such a bold statment in my opinion.

:woohoo::clap:

Do we have an "I'm praying I know what I'm talking about" Icon?? Cause I sure could use it right now. But it does make sense to me. Don't you think??

As for the elephant........ All parties involved know about it. It would be very strange for the judge to not know about it. It really can't be tried tomorrow, in a civil court custody hearing, but that big ole' gray elephant can't help but be noticed there in the courtroom. Should the elephant be considered in the custody hearing? It shouldn't. But then again, there it is taking up all that space, and if it weren't for the elephant, and how it came to be, there wouldn't be any hearing at all.

As far as the "closed door session" it's always best if the parties can work things out prior to trial. More can be said and discussed and compromises made behind those closed doors whereas in a courtroom setting there is no discussion, no compromises. It's really the best way, IMO.

Bolding is mine.

You don't think a judge should consider whether or not someone MAY be involved in murder when deciding custody? I do. I would hope any judge deciding for my children would as well. I think it's very important to fitness as a parent. I'm not saying it means he's 100% guilty, but I do think the possibility should be weighed.

(I'm catching up on my reading, so forgive me if this topic is dead now.)

Well - Wade himself has been actively involved in this case - and we are well aware of his history. I don't see smoke or mirrors to follow up that statement.

Well - Wade himself has been actively involved in this case - and we are well aware of his history. I don't see smoke or mirrors to follow up that statement.

Nor do I and thanks for weighing in. JMFLU, thank you too. With the way the Michelle Young case and now the Kelly Morris case has gone, I get jumpy and start doubting myself over things that I shouldn't.

TG - Do you think NC's dad's comment will sound frivolous? He stated that he thinks Brad killed Nancy because he was the only one with motivation and access... I guess their attorney would have told him what to say or how to say it but it sounds like Brad is a default rather than he felt he was a danger to NC...

Garry Rentz has said in a press conference that before the murder he did not fear for her safety. Donna Rentz interrupted and said she did. It was in one of the news conferences shortly after the murder.

Anyone else notice all the errors in the N&O article. Geez.

Garry Rentz has said in a press conference that before the murder he did not fear for her safety. Donna Rentz interrupted and said she did. It was in one of the news conferences shortly after the murder.

Errors... as in, typos?

I have to leave to meet my mom for lunch JMFLU - call me if something happens like Brad breaks down and confesses. I'll be back in about an hour. LOL :)

Or if a decision is made.

KellyCrash - I do remember the information you noted above. It was one of the statements that made me wonder if the vacation the week before that Nancy took with her parents had resulted in the formulation of a plan for Nancy to get away from Brad. I'm still wondering about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid