Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking along the line of TS hiring a PI as well. So JTF, are you thinking Stubbs is blowing smoke regarding her phrase "substantial evidence"?

For this civil case, all she needs to show the judge is he is more likely than not to be the killer. Based on the SW's , autopsy report and his 8 hours of recorded statements, that seems rather obvious to many of us.
He had obvious motive and opportunity.

So not so much blowing smoke just more of "over proving " (is that a word? LOL) her case at this point in time. Gotcha :)

So not so much blowing smoke just more of "over proving " (is that a word? LOL) her case at this point in time. Gotcha :)

Kinda like the Michelle Young case.
Mrs Stubbs would just state the obvious...

JY is the ONLY suspect
Based on the publically disclosed evidence, he is very likely the killer.

Kinda like the Michelle Young case.
Mrs Stubbs would just state the obvious...

JY is the ONLY suspect
Based on the publically disclosed evidence, he is very likely the killer.

Exactly. What I wouldn't give for this to be Jason's day in court as well.

I wonder what is taking so long. There has not been an update since noon. I wonder if they took a lunch break and if so why the reporters weren't scrambling to give another update.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3750528/

"I feel like Brad has murdered my sister, and I deem it extremely inappropriate for the girls to be around him," Nancy Cooper's identical twin sister, Krista Lister, said.

Lister said she thinks her sister's death should be resolved before the permanent custody dispute is resolved.

When asked if she thought Brad Cooper should get his children back after the homicide is solved, she said, "He'll be in jail."

I spoke too soon!!!!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3750528/

Excerpt from article:

One friend said Nancy Cooper was so concerned, she called Interact, Wake County's crisis shelter for domestic violence.

Her sister had begged their parents to rescue Nancy and bring her and the girls home to Canada.

"One friend said Nancy Cooper was so concerned, she called Interact, Wake County's crisis shelter for domestic violence. Her sister had begged their parents to rescue Nancy and bring her and the girls home to Canada."

Thanks Henry7

From your link to the N & O article above , we now have confirmation of contact with Interact concerning Nancy's situation:

"This morning's testimony shed more light on the strains in the couple's marriage in the months before her death. One friend said Nancy Cooper was so concerned, she called Interact, Wake County's crisis shelter for domestic violence."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1257208.html

I'm betting this friend was either Diana or Jessica. I wonder if the friend called for Nancy or if it was Nancy that called for herself and her girls. I can be interpreted either way me thinks.

Her family has to be beating themselves up - one can understand why they are fighting so hard for the children, as they felt that Nancy was in danger and could not / did not get her out of there. They will fight for custody with everything they have.

There has to be an amazing amount of guilt.

Gosh, I'm sorry Henry and RC, we are all posting the same thing! LOL

Her family has to be beating themselves up - one can understand why they are fighting so hard for the children, as they felt that Nancy was in danger and could not / did not get her out of there. They will fight for custody with everything they have.

There has to be an amazing amount of guilt.

I see your point however I know from first hand experience that you can't make the victim get away from the abuser till the victim is ready to get away. Both mentally and physically. Maybe Nancy just wasn't there in one or both areas just yet. I hope whatever guilt her family feels that they can overcome that and redeem themselves through loving and caring for those precious girls.

Gosh, I'm sorry Henry and RC, we are all posting the same thing! LOL

No problems :) Just shows everyone cares. Now we know the Interact connection, it was related to Nancy's situation. Would like to know what the Interact representative has to offer now, definitely not expert testimony, something specific to Nancy. Very sad.

I'm betting this friend was either Diana or Jessica. I wonder if the friend called for Nancy or if it was Nancy that called for herself and her girls. I can be interpreted either way me thinks.

Hard to tell from how it is written if it was Nancy or a friend who made the call. If it was Jessica Adam that made the call, it goes a long way toward explaining why she made the choice to call LE and report Nancy missing.

Hard to tell from how it is written if it was Nancy or a friend who made the call. If it was Jessica Adam that made the call, it goes a long way toward explaining why she made the choice to call LE and report Nancy missing.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know though if Interact would cooperate with Jessica if she was calling on behalf of someone else. Hmmm... I would like to know.

I see your point however I know from first hand experience that you can't make the victim get away from the abuser till the victim is ready to get away. Both mentally and physically. Maybe Nancy just wasn't there in one or both areas just yet. I hope whatever guilt her family feels that they can overcome that and redeem themselves through loving and caring for those precious girls.

I was thinking along similar lines last week. NC was ready to leave, but she was also a mother. She couldn't leave without both her girls, meaning she needed their passports to go to the place where she had her support. I'm sure she thought that she was making progress toward getting out.

One way of looking at this that occurred to me is that she loved her girls so much it ultimately cost her her life. So sad.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know though if Interact would cooperate with Jessica if she was calling on behalf of someone else. Hmmm... I would like to know.

As a former employee of Interact, I can say that the basic answer is "no." They wouldn't help NC through JA. They would, however, talk to JA about resources that are available and what she (JA) could or couldn't do to help.

ETA: They would also strongly encourage JA to get NC to call Interact herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper