Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KellyCrash - I do remember the information you noted above. It was one of the statements that made me wonder if the vacation the week before that Nancy took with her parents had resulted in the formulation of a plan for Nancy to get away from Brad. I'm still wondering about it.
Dad may have been less stressed about her safety because there was possibly a plan in place for her LEAVING?
Sounds very plausible.

Dad may have been less stressed about her safety because there was possibly a plan in place for her LEAVING?
Sounds very plausible.

Dunno why I think that, it just seems to me that Nancy needed empowerment and who else was to provide it but family? I also think there is a possibility that Brad became aware of it. He would not be happy to lose control, nor to actually have to pay money at a rate and on a schedule dictated by anyone other than himself.

When I first heard the circumstances of this case (missing jogger, then found murdered off the side of the road in an undeveloped subdivision, then details of strangulation, etc.), my initial reaction was, "Random stranger, sexual assault, DNA will catch perp eventually."

Unfortunately, much of NC and BC's "dirty laundry" has been aired in the process.

In order to protect the children from any further disclosures from now until the case goes to trial (with any suspect, as I am in the SODDI camp until evidence indicates otehrwise), it would seem that staying temporarily with NC's family--with liberal private visitation with BC--would protect the girls the best.

Once the case is over, and the criminal sentenced, if BC is not the one who did it, he should immediately regain full custody of the children.

If they remain in NCarolina during this process, there is too much chance of the media glare causing them harm, IMO.

We shall see, of course.

Does NCarolina have "guardian at litems" AKA court appointed independent parties looking out for the best interests of the children?

NC does have this program. I used to do it as a volunteer when I was in law school. All the cases I had involved poor children with nonfunctional families. In this case, there are active and funded parties, so I'm not surprised the judge hasn't taken that route.

That's my reaction too. Certainly if they are saying they have substantial evidence then they really do. I can't see them blowing smoke just to try and win this custody battle. They must have something they deem solid to make such a bold statment in my opinion.

Hi Topsail girl.
I was under the impression the LE investigative file was not made available to anyone, including the plaintiff's in this custody hearing. How could Mrs Stubbs know much more about the evidence of murder than we do ?

Hi Topsail girl.
I was under the impression the LE investigative file was not made available to anyone, including the plaintiff's in this custody hearing. How could Mrs Stubbs know much more about the evidence of murder than we do ?

And if this evidence proves he did it - then why is he not in hand cuffs?

Hi Topsail girl.

I was about to post the same question. What evidence could they have that K&B don't have? I sincerely hope that CPD isn't providing evidence to one side but not the other.

Is anyone actually surprised that her family thinks he did it? This isn't really a big deal that they said so in court.

Is anyone actually surprised that her family thinks he did it? This isn't really a big deal that they said so in court.

No - I would expect them to otherwise they would not be fighting for custody. If they thought he was innocent then they would be saying BC needs to have HIS children because that is what NC would have wanted.

Hi Topsail girl.

JTF in Amanda Lamb's book Deadly Dose, Eric Miller's family was in constant contact with lead investigator, Chris Morgan, who also kept them abreast of evidence,leads,etc. Could a similar situation be the case here?

Wonder if this will go to more than one day. Still have the detective, BC, and whatever other witnesses they may call. Gould? Friends? The PIs? Hilke from Durham? It's also possible the judge may not give her ruling immediately. Oh, a long, nerve-wracking day for everyone!

I was about to post the same question. What evidence could they have that K&B don't have? I sincerely hope that CPD isn't providing evidence to one side but not the other.

Perhaps Tharrington Smith employed a P.I. Brad did.

Jilly....wish I were as chilled out as Peppur seems to be :)

All I can think of are Nancy's girls and the ramifications this hearing will have on them.

The most recent update at WRAL indicates that Detective Daniels, if he testifies, will testify as a rebuttal witness. So TS is apparently thinking Brad will testify and therefore they can rebutt his testimony by using the detective to point out the inconsistencies. Hmmm, smart move.

JTF in Amanda Lamb's book Deadly Dose, Eric Miller's family was in constant contact with lead investigator, Chris Morgan, who also kept them abreast of evidence,leads,etc. Could a similar situation be the case here?

Yes and they were sworn to keep this privileged info totally private.
It is also likely Linda Fisher has been given some 'non public' information about her daughter's murder and she can't divulge it to anyone.

This type of civil dispute in the middle of a criminal investigation is unprecedented (at least in these parts)

I fully expect that TS and the Rentz's have their own PI.

I also think that there was something pivotal that was empowering Nancy in the days before her death - something where she was pushing Brad's buttons - something someone that felt trapped with no money and no family around WOULD NOT have done. I don't think it's her family - I think it's a relationship interest.

I can't see that even having made plans to leave with her family would have given her the immediate strength she would have needed if Brad decided to toss her out with the children - what would she do? With 2 kids and no money or credit cards? Someone that was that scared / emotionally beaten down would not be doing any of this - it takes getting away and having someone right there.

On second thought.....

ARE WE SURE THAT THE RENTZ'S WERE IN CANADA? Or her sister? Maybe they WERE here and BC found out this was the weekend???? And they would be helping her get set up on her own???? Makes sense why Nancy wouldn't care about the tennis thing..... or have to find someone to watch the children.....

Hi Topsail girl.

I was thinking along the line of TS hiring a PI as well. So JTF, are you thinking Stubbs is blowing smoke regarding her phrase "substantial evidence"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper