Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, DogWood!
Interesting, IMHO.

Gosh, I hope Brad doesn't get custody of those two little girls. After what happened to Nancy, I just can't imagine what would happen to the girls if Brad 'lost it' with them, IMHO.

I like Mr. Rentz's comment about GMA. ;)

JMHO
fran

Mr. Rentz didn't really answer the question.

Wow. Just read the one that Dogwood posted on the other documents board. Mike Morwick, drunk, saying he'd "...like to F Nancy's brains out." And, Craig Duncan saying something of a similar nature about her while HE was drunk. Poor Diana having to go through that being publicized, and Clea. I believe this came from Hanna Prichard's testimony? I read it all, then forgot who said what when I came over here. Whew. Wish I had gone to the courthouse today.

I do love learning other things that we haven't heard yet. Good that Nancy's parents had that phone message from her describing the wormy infestation after she returned from vacation in July.

I had a big laugh when Sandlin questioned the "bug man's" credibility because she mentioned that hadn't he gone through a teenage girl's underwear drawer! I haven't thought about an exterminator doing that! Glad I don't have an exterminator!

Wow. Just read the one that Dogwood posted on the other documents board. Mike Morwick, drunk, saying he'd "...like to F Nancy's brains out." And, Craig Duncan saying something of a similar nature about her while HE was drunk. Poor Diana having to go through that being publicized, and Clea. I believe this came from Hanna Prichard's testimony? I read it all, then forgot who said what when I came over here. Whew. Wish I had gone to the courthouse today.

I do love learning other things that we haven't heard yet. Good that Nancy's parents had that phone message from her describing the wormy infestation after she returned from vacation in July.

I had a big laugh when Sandlin questioned the "bug man's" credibility because she mentioned that hadn't he gone through a teenage girl's underwear drawer! I haven't thought about an exterminator doing that! Glad I don't have an exterminator!

WHOA... where was THAT???

From the News & Observer:

"Hilkey said that Bradley Cooper also showed signs of being arrogant and narcissistic."

From the Wake site:

Dr. Hilkey: "described Cooper as a very smart, complex man in a “complex, precarious” situation who is “extremely defensive” and has harbored a fair amount of anger for a long time."; "There are times, though, that Dr. Hilkey said Cooper’s anger surfaces, and he tends to aim it at family members."; " “detached presence,” ".

And about JWB's affidavit: "Dr. Hilkey testified that the affidavit supported some of his assessments about Brad’s personality."

So, in other words, what I've tried to relay all along. Maybe now certain people will understand and maybe agree that the ex's aren't a bunch of bitter, axe grinding (sorry, RC) hens (or however else people have attempted to reduce our side to).

I desperately hope those little girls are returned to Canada.

Unfortunately, expert psychological testimony will always be suspect for me. In fact - so are many expert witnesses - as it seems that sides always have dueling experts that will testify to completely opposite opinions and base it on "tests and science" and tout their credentials.

I am not sure it's even possible to get a true unbiased assessment of someone's psychological state - it's not like "yes, he has this broken bone as shown here on this Xray and we could all see it" and someone refuting that would look foolish - it's all opinion, different schools of thought, different testing methodologies and often different conclusions. :waitasec:

And honestly - I hope they didn't pay a fortune to have someone say he was arrogant and narcissistic.... (and that also doesn't necessarily make him violent)

I was surprised to see that Krista said Nancy had had an affair in the first year of their marriage. This really surprised me, because I felt Brad would have let the whole world know if HE had known. Now, he did mention an affair that wasn't sexual. Is this the one Krista speaks of? Surely not two people call it an affair if there was nothing sexual? And if he thought it wasn't, and found out today it was... I bet he got furious with Nancy all over again...

Soon we should hear the defense case aye ? Any betters -does Brad take the stand ? I vote no way.

Very interesting stuff so far, the little bit of it that we have heard that is. Arrogant and narcissistic, hmmmm.

Sandlin was so concerned about the level of 'hear-say' evidence being let into the testimony she even used hear-say with regard to the 'bug guy' and the unproven allegation that he went through a young girl's underware drawer.:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

Unfortunately, expert psychological testimony will always be suspect for me. In fact - so are many expert witnesses - as it seems that sides always have dueling experts that will testify to completely opposite opinions and base it on "tests and science" and tout their credentials.

I am not sure it's even possible to get a true unbiased assessment of someone's psychological state - it's not like "yes, he has this broken bone as shown here on this Xray and we could all see it" and someone refuting that would look foolish - it's all opinion, different schools of thought, different testing methodologies and often different conclusions. :waitasec:

And honestly - I hope they didn't pay a fortune to have someone say he was arrogant and narcissistic.... (and that also doesn't necessarily make him violent)

I'm not much for experts such as shrinks. They do have a tendency to have opposing opinions dependent on who is paying and in the end seem to cancel each other out because of the wide swing in views. Good gig if you can do it though. :crazy:

The pendant she never took off is in Brads possesion. <thud>

Sure he did. He said 'Let me answer it this way, "Good Morning America knew."'

I do NOT believe the answer was lost on the judge.

JMHO
fran

Was that answer a "yes" or a "no"?

Wow. Just read the one that Dogwood posted on the other documents board. Mike Morwick, drunk, saying he'd "...like to F Nancy's brains out." And, Craig Duncan saying something of a similar nature about her while HE was drunk. Poor Diana having to go through that being publicized, and Clea. I believe this came from Hanna Prichard's testimony? I read it all, then forgot who said what when I came over here. Whew. Wish I had gone to the courthouse today. (snip)

I have a feeling this is going to get a lot uglier when it's all said and done. That's just not normal behavior at a block party (not sure where this occured, but picked block party for effect)... It's quite possible that the rumors were somewhat at least slightly grounded in fact..... the whole smoke / fire thing.

I just read Mike M's affidavits back to back (he submitted for both Brad and the Rentz's. Very odd. Both sides of the fence, perhaps? Very odd.

Sandlin was so concerned about the level of 'hear-say' evidence being let into the testimony she even used hear-say with regard to the 'bug guy' and the unproven allegation that he went through a young girl's underware drawer.:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

Seems to me, it tends to show how observant the guy could be, thus increasing the credibility of his observation powers on the 8th of July.

I agree, mental health is always quite subjective. There are a lot of standardized tests that are used in psychological evaluation and are based on a scoring system. Again, it's all open to interpretation as well.

The psychological evaluation that he paid $12,000 for will probably say what a swell guy he is. It does sometimes seem to favour whoever paid for it, unfortunately.

I have a feeling this is going to get a lot uglier when it's all said and done. That's just not normal behavior at a block party (not sure where this occured, but picked block party for effect)... It's quite possible that the rumors were somewhat at least slightly grounded in fact..... the whole smoke / fire thing.

I just read Mike M's affidavits back to back (he submitted for both Brad and the Rentz's. Very odd. Both sides of the fence, perhaps? Very odd.

Did Nancy leave the party by herself?

Was that answer a "yes" or a "no"?

Was this the birthday where they were saying he did not call? Weren't the kids in Canada at the time if so?

That would be awkward if he did show up if this is the Birthday they are referring to.

Was this the birthday where they were saying he did not call? Weren't the kids in Canada at the time if so?

That would be awkward if he did show up if this is the Birthday they are referring to.

I think they were just saying that Daddy didn't even call to wish his little girl happy birthday, to talk to her. It's about the children, so speaking with whomever picked up the phone would only be a momentary discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper