Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy's affair took place during the first year of her marriage so yes she cheated first.

I wonder if JA and her other friends knew of that affair? Since the affair was the first thing that JA mentioned to the LE, as a reason for the marital discourse...I wonder...I also wonder if any of her friends had any idea of the debt that they had, because although all seem to know that NC was only getting $1200 a month, they never mention that NC relayed the financial situation they were in...That seems a bit curious...no? It seems like you would mention that to your friends to if you were so forthcoming with everything else?

SG...based on your experience today, should BC have custody of his girls?
I think those girls should have equal access to everyone who loves them and who they love. That's my only opinion. I'm glad I'm not the judge; I'd suck at that job. I'd want to force every one of them to live right in a neat little row so the girls could see each and every one of them anytime they want (thinking only of what would be best for the girls and their needs).

I wonder if JA and her other friends knew of that affair? Since the affair was the first thing that JA mentioned to the LE, as a reason for the marital discourse...I wonder...I also wonder if any of her friends had any idea of the debt that they had, because although all seem to know that NC was only getting $1200 a month, they never mention that NC relayed the financial situation they were in...That seems a bit curious...no? It seems like you would mention that to your friends to if you were so forthcoming with everything else?

No idea.

I think those girls should have equal access to everyone who loves them and who they love. That's my only opinion. I'm glad I'm not the judge; I'd suck at that job.

I'd suck at that job.
I'd suck at being any of the lawyers, police people,
court reporter, any of the friends, family.

I can't believe how horrible the whole thing is.
And as usual, the kids end up in the worst spot
of all.

:eye::Bicicleta::sleuth:I really wanted to go so I could be amused by K&B's mannerisms.

<Guffaw!>

Wonder why Hannah mentioned Mike Morwick's drunken comment to Nancy, and Craig Duncan's drunken comment to Nancy? Since it wasn't a criminal trial, how would those incidents relate? (But I'm glad she shared. It' gives me some insight into more of that group's ...um...behavior, at least some.)

This entire saga will have an effect on the group of friends. I feel that some of them will back off from each other, some will become tighter or stay close. Surely they have re-examined the path of their lives If Brad iis not arrested eventually, I see him moving away.

You'd think that Brad would have had more people from "home & family" there to support him. But we know better.

I still say the best article from the media today for me was the one Dogwood posted with everyone that testified Was is channel 17's article? Can't remember. It was long. The ones who testified helped us to know more. I need to know who done it.

Yes, Hannah P. is a pistol. She looks all blonde and momlike, not June Cleaver at all. She's as tough as a railroad spike.

I saw the lights on in Brad's home tonight in one back room. That's a rarity lately. It looked like the downstairs room for the kids (what would be the formal dining room?). It's nice to be a voyeur as one rides by....

Darn it, just what I did not want to hear :

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3750528/

Stubbs and attorney Wade Smith argued they have "substantial evidence" that he did kill his wife and that he will be charged with murder.

"The (Wake County District Attorney) Colon Willoughby train is coming," Smith said. "It may not be next year. It could be two years. But it's coming."

Darn it, just what I did not want to hear :
"The (Wake County District Attorney) Colon Willoughby train is coming," Smith said. "It may not be next year. It could be two years. But it's coming."

Isn't his term over in 2 years?

I think those girls should have equal access to everyone who loves them and who they love. That's my only opinion. I'm glad I'm not the judge; I'd suck at that job. I'd want to force every one of them to live right in a neat little row so the girls could see each and every one of them anytime they want (thinking only of what would be best for the girls and their needs).

You didn't answer the question. It's a yes or no question :crazy:

"The judge says she will not make a ruling until Friday at the earliest."

Is that the statement you are asking about?

No Crump says there is "new video evidence" that the judge wanted to review. Could be Mr. Crump thinks the deposition is new evidence ? Or is there new video evidence different from the deposition? Guess reporters don't have time to think of such things aye ?

Isn't his term over in 2 years?

No idea SG. Its starting to look like he has a two year rule on holding cases though. 18 days until it will be two years since Michelle was murdered. Will it be that long for this case ? Hope not. That seems like cruel and unusual punishment heaped upon the victims family. I still think he requires a stick of dynamite to get him out of his office and into a courtroom.

No idea SG. Its starting to look like he has a two year rule on holding cases though. 18 days until it will be two years since Michelle was murdered. Will it be that long for this case ? Hope not. That seems like cruel and unusual punishment heaped upon the victims family. I still think he requires a stick of dynamite to get him out of his office and into a courtroom.

I think you're right. Have you ever seen a DA so afraid to get in a courtroom (outside of ex-Boulder, CO DA Alex Hunter)? :banghead:

No Crump says there is "new video evidence" that the judge wanted to review. Could be Mr. Crump thinks the deposition is new evidence ? Or is there new video evidence different from the deposition? Guess reporters don't have time to think of such things aye ?

I can't find that, RC. Perhaps they updated the story?

I think she loves her neices more than she despises BC. Yes, she is very hurt and angry at Brad. I'm sure she despises him with the heat of a thousand suns right now. Perhaps she always will, I don't know. But I think her love for Bella & Katie is stronger and more powerful than even all of that. And I don't believe she would do anything to hurt those kids--and letting them have a rel'p with their father is important to those kids and I do believe she would honor that, yes, as would her husband and the grandparents too. NO ONE wants those kids to be hurt and whatever is truly in the kids' best interests I believe they will always do.

I have to wonder whether NC's family and friends have taken the road that is in the best interests of the girls. I know they have good intentions and strong feelings but I am beginning to wish they had put aside their suspicions and instead tried to support the girls in their home. BC would likely have had a very hard time as a single parent and may have welcomed help if friends and family would have offered. If they had gone to him with an olive branch, the girls could have stayed in their school and maintained their routines and friendships, not to mention their relationship with BC.

From what appears to have been presented at the hearing today, I question whether there was an urgent need to remove the girls. The plaintiff didn't seem to present any evidence that BC killed NC, and I would think they would have done so if they had it. With only the obvious suspicious of friends/family about who killed NC, the girls would have been better being in the home. Strategically, it may have helped with the investigation. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

If it turns out BC did not kill NC, KL may well have unintentionally but needlessly hurt the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024