Daily News Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regarding Jaycee:

I hope that they find a means of keeping her away from media wihtout taking away from the information that she might be able to offer.

In 1901, Garrido property was an orchard- walnut or orange. Anomaly vs. Target Area of Interest.

Reported from Live News Conference. I guess Doogie got to ask it.

I am not at the conference today (it is about 100 miles from my house), but I had passed along the question to a media source who had a reporter there. Either they asked the question or someone is monitoring our forum here. No matter, it is something that needed to be asked and no one seemed to be doing it without a little push.

I am surprised that it is not a match. Not sure what to make of that...

Treating it like a pre-historic site.

I am not at the conference today (it is about 100 miles from my house), but I had passed along the question to a media source who had a reporter there. Either they asked the question or someone is monitoring our forum here. No matter, it is something that needed to be asked and no one seemed to be doing it without a little push.

I am surprised that it is not a match. Not sure what to make of that...

Huh? What is this about???

Palm print from Michaela's scooter does not match either Garrido. Where dogs hit is an area of interest they will dig...

strange...I wonder...are they SURE the palm print on the scooter is from the suspect and not someone else? Michaela's mom, her friend, her father, etc?

Extended burial where they're are laid out, or bunched up. That's what they are looking at. It sounds like he confirmed there are bodies there????

Yeah, what WAS that?!!!!! He wasn't letting on . . . but, still, I got the feeling that there's sumthin.

I think he was just giving examples of for instance, how an indian burial ground might appear. I don't think he confirmed at all, that there are bodies there.

Yeah, what WAS that?!!!!! He wasn't letting on . . . but, still, I got the feeling that there's sumthin.
Some of us poor souls have no access to what you guys are viewing/listening to...Could you PLEASE describe a little something for those of us who don't have access to US programs???

: )

Some of us poor souls have no access to what you guys are viewing/listening to...Could you PLEASE describe a little something for those of us who don't have access to US programs???
The same area in the Garrido backyard that both the cadaver dogs hit on yesterday, they found an "anomaly", a denser pit in the soil, and they are hinting that it could be laid out like an Indian burial ground- not saying that it's Indians buried there- but hinting at a grave.

Treating it like a pre-historic site.

Which to me is okay. Any archaeologists I've ever known were anal-retentive. We used to call them bone-counters in grad school. If he's using archaeological methods, then he's being very precise. going by a precisely measured grid . . . And he's got the 2 technological methods along with that archaeological mind-set.

It may be his first crime scene, other than Indian massacres (!), but I don't see this guy as a dilettante.

I watched it with my family. My sister said it looked like he said something he shouldn't have, he glanced over at the other person, then made a quick reversal. She said it sent her hairs on end.

The same area in the Garrido backyard that both the cadaver dogs hit on yesterday, they found an "anomaly", a denser pit in the soil, and they are hinting that it could be laid out like an Indian burial ground- not saying that it's Indians buried there- but hinting at a grave.

Thank you, that's a great summary!

I think they are referring to how Dr. Doogie (Sp?) got someone at the press conference to ask if the palm print on Michaela's scooter matched the Garrido's and the answer was no.

I think he was just giving examples of for instance, how an indian burial ground might appear. I don't think he confirmed at all, that there are bodies there.

He didn't say yes, and he didn't say no. Cagey.

Which to me is okay. Any archaeologists I've ever known were anal-retentive. We used to call them bone-counters in grad school. If he's using archaeological methods, then he's being very precise. going by a precisely measured grid . . . And he's got the 2 technological methods along with that archaeological mind-set.

It may be his first crime scene, other than Indian massacres (!), but I don't see this guy as a dilettante.

Great info, MBK!

At first I was thinking why don't they just DIG and pull out whatever they can find. Your comment helped me understand they are being very careful, very precise and analytical, that they (LE) are not about to mess this retrieval up in any way, everything will be backed up with hard scientific data, and can't be twisted once they take the evidence to trial.

Great info, MBK!

At first I was thinking why don't they just DIG and pull out whatever they can find. Your comment helped me understand they are being very careful, very precise and analytical, that they (LE) are not about to mess this retrieval up in any way, everything will be backed up with hard scientific data, and can't be twisted once they take the evidence to trial.
I think Lt. Orrey said they will be digging there... wasn't sure I summarized it correctly, but I relied on your notes. The anomaly was found using the Ground-Penetrating Radar I believe.

Great info, MBK!

Hi all! Have been on the Annie Le forum for the last few days and am just catching up here.. I found the presser with the technology AMAZING. I took a few notes. I hope you don't mind if I post them:
~~~

They are using three lines of data to analyze the ground:

1) GPR: radar machine. It can show contrast in the ground. They have three different antenas they are using that can see to different depths. If there is contrast in an area it is first called an anomaly. Once an anomaly is located they move on to:

2) MAGNATROMETER: which can analyze the material that may be filling the "pit".

3) The third line of data are the cadaver and bone dogs.

Compiling the three lines of data can move an area into a target of interest where they will then dig using the science behind it to guide location and depth.

~~~~

Some other interesting things he said was that he was looking for pits that were graves in the extended or flex burial positions. He said further that there may have been a walnut grove on the land earlier and that the builders, when removing the trees, could have left the rootballs of the trees which could be close to the same size as a burial pit. He would not comment on what 'shape' the anomaly was.

Considering that two cadaver dogs have already indicated on the area of the anomaly (LE says they will be back Monday again), I don't see how this could be just a rootball.

LE says they may be digging in that area in the afternoon on Monday.

((aside: for anyone curious, the archeaologist says he is using "GPR SLICE" to look at his data))

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawlessinvestigates
Back