Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, will not watch the show in the morning. Cheap tweet for ratings me thinks, and I found it highly unprofessional. You don't take it out of context like that and throw it out to the vultures.

I'll delay forming an impression until I read a transcript, see it on youtube, or hear more about what was said in context.

So true, so true. We heard about Debbie's checkered past and come to find out her in-laws think she's fine. We heard about shopping with the mystery man that turned out to be her brother. Fresh diapers turn out to be months old. Jersey isn't involved. Don't be me started on the blogs and anonymous comments. Then Wild Bill rides into town. :crazy:

MSM motto: If it bleeds, it leads.

Let's wait for Capt. Young to say something. If she's guilty, it will come out.

That's true. A standard bottle of wine is about 3 1/2 glasses and 10 to 15 dollars a bottle. Don't know about box but it is a lot more wine and costs lots less. jmo

3 1/2 glasses?? Y'all using tea glasses?

This is where I am with it as well. I hate to say it but plenty of caregivers get drunk or worse with kids at home and it's my guess that it probably wasn't the first time here either. There is more to it.

So here is another theoretical angle: What if dad comes home and finds something or suspects something about an affair and mom is out of it? What would be the one thing likely to hurt mom worse than anything else? What if mom thinks there was an abduction and feels responsible/guilty due to her behavior? What if dad or someone else is punishing her?

True, I had one, of many theories, that he might have killed the baby in a fit of rage, and she felt guilty about causing it, for some reason, and was covering for him.

If she was drunk, and possibly with another man when he came home, that could have set him into a rage where he would do something to hurt her. MOO

You're right, I just assumed that... sorry! :blushing:
don't be - not at all. I was looking for a way to put this one theory of mine out there and you gave me the perfect intro for it.

That's what makes WS so cool - all of us bouncing things around !!!!!!

:blowkiss:

She might have drank a good portion of that box herself. I had a friend years and years ago who could down a gallon of cheap wine. She passed out on a pool table once.

And as I said earlier, the temperature of the wine would also contribute to how it affected her. At the time it was purchased, it was room temperature on the store shelf.

MOO

Could someone plz bring me up-to-date on today, pretty plz? :)

The mother bought the wine with an "unidentified man" or perhaps an underage boy? Something tells me something really bad, most likely illegal was going in that house that night. If you baby gets hurt or falls or takes too much cold medication there is no reason not to call 911, or at the very least call your husband who is at work first. He naturally would have raced home, right? The only reason to not do this, is if you are hiding something from him too. This may have been a revenge kidnapping, "you hurt my kid, and now I'm hurting yours" I think the truth lies with the people in that house that night.

Don't forget, if you baby accidentally dies while you are drunk, that is not a crime, and there would be no evidence on cell phones, so there would be no need to get rid of them. And there would be no reason not to call 911, being drunk isn't a crime, and either is a baby falling or you rolling over on her. Getting rid of a baby because of any of these things is way over the top...so why the elaborate kidnapping story? IMO, to cover up more than one crime

The "unidentified" young man in the surveillance video was determined to be Deborah's brother who drove her to the store.

I hadn't thought about him possibly knowing where the baby is, but I had wondered if he took a picture of her with some other person, and a big fight started, and that's why, for some reason, the phones are missing.

Thanks for that perspective! I hadn't thought that the phones might contain pictures as well as voice messages. Wow!

Maybe Jeremy has been talking with LE all along and that is why they don't feel a LD test is necessary, if that is accurate.

Maybe he does not have any evidence, but has given LE his suspicions, past homelife history, any marital issues, etc...and yet has been asked to stand by her publicly until they know more. He may not KNOW she did anything, but may suspect it, along with LE. JMO

Ok my initial thought...would she have even admitted this had we not been shown the video of her purchasing the wine. But then I got to thinking about the source...a "tweet". Im wondering if this is just a media ploy to get us all to tune into the interview tommorow. Wondering is the full story Mom says " Everyone thinks--- I was drunk the night Lisa went missing, but thats not true." I know our local news uses this ALLLLL the time to get me to tune in to the 5pm news...and the tweets show up around 4:30...I dont have a specific example to give BUT im sure i will have one tommorow evening! just be careful is all Im saying...they are media and its their job to entice viewers.

And as I said earlier, the temperature of the wine would also contribute to how it affected her. At the time it was purchased, it was room temperature on the store shelf.

MOO

I noticed that DB looked at the boxed wines on the store shelves, then turned to check what was already chilled in the coolers. Perhaps she preferred white or lighter wines that are best served chilled. When she didn't see anything that she wanted, she opted for the shelf variety at room temperature.

Could someone plz bring me up-to-date on today, pretty plz? :)

The parents were interviewed for various morning shows and one of them has since tweeted that Debra has stated that she was "drunk" the night Lisa went missing.

Also big search in the woods near the home again, including National Guard. No word, of course, if anything was found.

For the record.

I really don't feel that this baby is dead. I can't tell you why - just my "gut feeling". Usually when a case breaks - I'll get a "gut feeling" one way or the other. And, sadly, its usually "the other". But with this one - IDK - it just feels different.

Again, I refer back to dad's demeanor through this so far. We have yet to see sadness from him. Neary a tear in either eye. He's stoic, calm, almost reserved. Kinda like he knows his lil girl is ok type thing.

If DB was drunk and cheating on him - he would be all over that with LE - telling them everything and I believe we would have heard more than we have by now.

As for the phones - yes, I do believe there are pictures on one of those phones which is why they are gone. That is the only thing a carrier can't retrieve. Whether he took them or DB got rid of them - IDK.

Maybe dad did take a pic and the baby and thought he would confront her later - but all hello broke loose and ...........................here we are.

JMHO

Has it been stated anyway that the brother did not spend the whole evening at her house also?

I noticed that DB looked at the boxed wines on the store shelves, then turned to check what was already chilled in the coolers. Perhaps she preferred white or lighter wines that are best served chilled. When she didn't see anything that she wanted, she opted for the shelf variety at room temperature.

That is what I am thinking and for some people, a light wine that should be chilled could either make her very sick, give her a terrible headache, or she might just have passed out cold once she lay down.

MOO

I am almost afraid to watch this interview. Sigh.

I drew a lot of similarities between my own life and DB's on the "Please keep an Open Mind . . " thread. And I think I have done just that. But I feel a need to say this: I have never gotten schnockered when I was the primary caregiver for my children. Ever.

I pray this is just hype and that is not what DB actually said.

I have to log off now because I am just flabbergasted.

Wow.. So much to catch up on.. But just had to comment about it being reiterated that the window screen was due to Deb having fallen into causing it(now I suppose her drunk reinforcing this thought).. But the window screen was pushed INWARD, into the house.. The screen was not pushed out, to the outside of the house..

So, how exactly would she have fell into the window and caused it to bend inward, into the house.. It defies logic that she could have been standing outside and fallen into it therefor bending the window screen inward.. What was she standing on the birdbath?? to reach the level of the window necessary in order to have fallen into the screen bending it inward, into the home??

And I agree with you WOO. I have never had the sense this child is not living any longer. Perhaps not well, perhaps frightened and confused, but never really have thought this child is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89