Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is just that the boxed wine is really cheap wine. If you are buying a box then you plan on serving a lot of guests. cheaply. lol

That's true. A standard bottle of wine is about 3 1/2 glasses and 10 to 15 dollars a bottle. Don't know about box but it is a lot more wine and costs lots less. jmo

People don't always know what goes on in a family, even if we think they should. My little sister was an alcoholic and eventually died from it at a young age, and it took me a long time to really know about it. Not saying Debra is an alcoholic, she could simply be one of probably thousands of women who drink once the kids are in bed, maybe even get "drunk", and on this night, something went terribly wrong. (My sister did not have children and wisely, though we didn't know why at first, refused to babysit for nieces and nephews...so at least she took that much responsibility...)

Wow. What a story. I agree that alcoholism has so many different facets... it's not a cookie-cutter disease. Thanks for sharing!

Well I am not suprised to read this, it was one of my first thoughts when the box of wine stuff came out.

So I would be looking at who was at the house and knew she was drunk and go from there.
All the talk about the lights, door and even when she last seen the baby, well imho are chalked, because she was prob. to drunk to remember what she was doing, she probably just passed out into bed.
So whomever the perp was just walked right in the front door and back out, it would also explain why she did not hear a darn thing, if WE are to BELIEVE that she was drunk as she states :furious:

I wonder how JI's family feels about this? If JI was my son, we would be having a little talk on the side by now. Unless they have known about this all along, and they are alright with it.

I am not all that surprised at this turn of events. I'm thinking LE is putting the screws to her story and it's just not adding up. Buying boxed wine on a Monday afternoon is a little weird to me. Especially if you're a stay-at-home mom with three kids. Where were the kids, by the way, when she was buying the wine?

I have written before that I find it extremely odd at the lack of public support she has received (unless I have totally missed it). In situations such as this, you nearly always get a small army of folks voicing how much the parent loved the child, what a good mom/dad they are, how they find it impossible to believe they could harm them. My goodness, I saw an interview last week with a neighbor of that man who gunned down his ex-wife and others at a beauty salon. The neighbor said what a 'great guy' he seemed to have been, and a 'wonderful father.' I haven't heard much of anyone speaking out on behalf of the mom.

Because she was "outed" with the wine purchase. Perhaps her family wore her down after the surveillance video was released.

This is more evidence, IMO, of DB being the culprit, not an intruder.
Well I never really said an "intruder".

I just went looking for the theory thread and found it locked. I have had this theory floating around for a few days now. This new revelation just helps it along.

I still want to know what dad's hours were that night. Not necessarily when he left but what he did for his "lunch hour"? How far away was the Starbuck's he was working on from the house?

Could he had come home for lunch - to check on everyone since it was his first night being away? Caught "them" in the act? Only DB never knew he was there. He could have whisked that baby outta there - taken her to a friend or family member and gotten back to work. He could have left the lights on and even pushed the screen in and even taken the phones - pitched them out the window on the way back to work.

His demeanor through all this has bugged me. He's shown no real emotion. If something happened to Lisa while he was gone - he would be angry! The above scenerio would also elicit anger from him - but he took things into his own hands and "fixed" it.

We've heard that he was "ruthless" at getting custody of his son - sooooooooooooooo..........

Then his cryptic comment about "someone that cheats on her husb.....".

I think if he wasn't involved at all - we would have seen completely different behavior from him. He can't let his guard down - if the WHAT IF scenerio I put above is what happened. He just has to bide his time.

Ok - there it is - please be kind. I'm just throwing things out there and this one has had me bugged for the past few days.

:truce:

What I don't get is why she came out with this now? Obviously she knew this from the get go and possibly even dad and LE knew this.

So, why spill just this lil tidbit - without going for the whole shebang?

Maybe she was drunk, maybe she was with another man in her bedroom and when she finally emerged baby Lisa was gone?

I know I know - just don't throw things at me ..................'mkay?
BBM
Ya'll ever dealt with a kid who was suspected of doing something wrong? And Said Kid kept denying and denying until Said Kid figured out the jig was about to be up, so Said Kid admits to something so Said Kid appears to be "cooperating," all the while thinking of a way to make the admission work in Said Kid's favor?

That's the vibe I'm getting from this fourth-quarter admission on behalf of the mother. She knows this is about to come out anyway. She knows how bad it looks. And she knows she might parlay an "I was drunk" "admission" into cooperation points/sympathy/excuse/alibi for whatever really took place. ("I was drunk, so I left the joint wide open for a kidnapper. I was drunk, so I don't remember hurting the baby and getting *advertiser censored* to help me get rid of her little body. I was drunk so I don't remember falling with the baby.....").

All in the name of what the little cow says, natch.

I dunno, Ralli. They found the receipt in the house and worked from there to get the surveillance video.

I suspect she either didn't mention it, denied it or downplayed it (it was only one glass officer.) Why do I think that? Because LE would have interviewed her extensively about what she did that day. And yet they find out about the wine from a receipt that shows she was at the grocery buying wine. Just that small a deception if that is what happened would have LE leaning on her heavily. Because if you can't be honest with LE when they are looking for your daughter, then you probably have more to hide.

That's true. A standard bottle of wine is about 3 1/2 glasses and 10 to 15 dollars a bottle. Don't know about box but it is a lot more wine and costs lots less. jmo

She might have drank a good portion of that box herself. I had a friend years and years ago who could down a gallon of cheap wine. She passed out on a pool table once.

Remember when they quit talking to LE and Capt Young said they know the INTIMATE details. I always thought he chose that particular word for a reason.

Maybe it is just that the boxed wine is really cheap wine. If you are buying a box then you plan on serving a lot of guests. cheaply. lol

It's not always all that cheap - you can buy a bottle of Merlot for $5.99 and it's decent for dinner wine, or you can buy a box wine for $13-22.00 - equivalent of 3 bottles. Not all that much "cheaper" or inexpensive, but more convenient for the casual drinker - the wine in a box is good for a month - bottles, not so much.

I suspect she either didn't mention it, denied it or downplayed it (it was only one glass officer.) Why do I think that? Because LE would have interviewed her extensively about what she did that day. And yet they find a receipt that shows she was at the grocery buying wine from a receipt. Just that small a deception if that is what happened would have LE leaning on her heavily. Because if you can't be honest with LE when they are looking for your daughter, then you probably have more to hide.

You got it. She had a story of an abduction, and being pizz drunk didn't fit in with that story.

I just went looking for the theory thread and found it locked. I have had this theory floating around for a few days now. This new revelation just helps it along.

I still want to know what dad's hours were that night. Not necessarily when he left but what he did for his "lunch hour"? How far away was the Starbuck's he was working on from the house?

Could he had come home for lunch - to check on everyone since it was his first night being away? Caught "them" in the act? Only DB never knew he was there. He could have whisked that baby outta there - taken her to a friend or family member and gotten back to work. He could have left the lights on and even pushed the screen in and even taken the phones - pitched them out the window on the way back to work.

His demeanor through all this has bugged me. He's shown no real emotion. If something happened to Lisa while he was gone - he would be angry! The above scenerio would also elicit anger from him - but he took things into his own hands and "fixed" it.

We've heard that he was "ruthless" at getting custody of his son - sooooooooooooooo..........

I think if he wasn't involved at all - we would have seen completely different behavior from him. He can't let his guard down - if the WHAT IF scenerio I put above is what happened. He just has to bide his time.

Ok - there it is - please be kind. I'm just throwing things out there and this one has had me bugged for the past few days.

I hadn't thought about him possibly knowing where the baby is, but I had wondered if he took a picture of her with some other person, and a big fight started, and that's why, for some reason, the phones are missing.

It's not always all that cheap - you can buy a bottle of Merlot for $5.99 and it's decent for dinner wine, or you can buy a box wine for $13-22.00 - equivalent of 3 bottles. Not all that much "cheaper" or inexpensive, but more convenient for the casual drinker - the wine in a box is good for a month - bottles, not so much.

$5.99... that's hangover city! :floorlaugh:

well this is some news I suppose.. but it depends on who is reporting it and if it is true or not.

I think much remains to be seen.

I am not convinced of anything at this point other than that a baby is missing and her parents reported it

moo

Oh I TOTALLY missed that!!! He said that? :thud:

So he might have come home, she was drunk, and she told him another man was there and...

Oh man.

Where are you, baby Lisa? :tears:

This is where I am with it as well. I hate to say it but plenty of caregivers get drunk or worse with kids at home and it's my guess that it probably wasn't the first time here either. There is more to it.

So here is another theoretical angle: What if dad comes home and finds something or suspects something about an affair and mom is out of it? What would be the one thing likely to hurt mom worse than anything else? What if mom thinks there was an abduction and feels responsible/guilty due to her behavior? What if dad or someone else is punishing her?

Didn't LE say at one point that they did not believe anyone came in the through window? Or was it Debra who said that? But it wasn't said that no one went out that window...

This is where I am with it as well. I hate to say it but plenty of caregivers get drunk or worse with kids at home and it's my guess that it probably wasn't the first time here either. There is more to it.

So here is another theoretical angle: What if dad comes home and finds something or suspects something about an affair and mom is out of it? What would be the one thing likely to hurt mom worse than anything else? What if mom thinks there was an abduction and feels responsible/guilty due to her behavior? What if dad or someone else is punishing her?
AND

with DB bring drunk - who will the cops "pin this on"?

just sayin..................

I have had that thought too but isn't he in a whole lot of trouble with LE if IF this is what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth