Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Lisa?

Despite my empathy and compassion for those in her life, and whatever happpened...

Please, someone, tell us where she is. :heart:

Not too much to ask of someone, unless they are totally selfish.

I hear ya...LaLaw! You and I have been on the same wave length for a long time now.

:drink:

I soooo don't want to ask this question, but do we know if Deborah was nursing little Lisa? If Mom was accustomed to drinking regularly, or even an occasional binge, how might this have affected the baby?

DB stated in her early interviews that she gave the baby a bottle & put her to bed (or to sleep, depending on the interview). Since she put the baby to bed with a bottle, I'm doubting Lisa was breast-fed.

ETA: Even if a baby is breast-fed, and the mom becomes intoxicated & then breast feeds the baby, AFAIK the baby will not suffer any fatal effects from ingesting the breast milk. I've never heard of a baby dying from breastfeeding after the mother has consumed alcohol.

Since we've heard that Debra had lost her license maybe she did not have access to a vehicle? And would have had to call someone for help if something happened at home?

As far as admitting this, if she did (being drunk) I think it is either because it was coming out anyway, or is a way to try to explain discrepencies in her statements which LE may have presented to her over and over.

I admit I haven't read to the end of this thread yet because I had company over for dinner, but I just cannot hold it in any longer!

I was a casual drinker before my only son was killed by a drunk driver. I had also been known to get a little 'high' from alcohol prior to that. I never totally forgot anything! I do not believe she did either.

I am furious with DB! I simply cannot help it. I know she was not driving drunk (as far as I know), but she had a sick baby!!!! and two other young children there! I will not give this woman a pass on anything anymore. She knows full well what happened with Baby Lisa, IMO. She is using drinking as an excuse for whatever happened, IMO, and she will not get away with it.

IDK if it was a horrible accident, rage, or planned for $$$$$ at this point. I do not think for one moment she was in this alone either. She had to have had help, IMO, whether it be JI or someone else.

That is my opinion. That is what I honestly think. I have not felt she was truthful from the beginning.

Sorry, everyone! I am furious at this woman right now and have been for some time. I will just quietly read now and T/O myself until I calm down!

MOO's

I feel the same way too, LaLaw. The story sounded hinky from day 1, and I have gotten the feeling that Lisa's parents have been deceitful from the get go. So far, nothing has made me change my mind. He doesn't have much to say, and her crying seems off.

Trying to get the whole story of what happened that day/night is like pulling teeth. Why would it be so tough to get info that might help from them, if they are innocent? I am again, reminded of Casey and crew. They too called 911, and then started trying to deceive the detectives. :banghead:

I admit I haven't read to the end of this thread yet because I had company over for dinner, but I just cannot hold it in any longer!

I was a casual drinker before my only son was killed by a drunk driver. I had also been known to get a little 'high' from alcohol prior to that. I never totally forgot anything! I do not believe she did either.

I am furious with DB! I simply cannot help it. I know she was not driving drunk (as far as I know), but she had a sick baby!!!! and two other young children there! I will not give this woman a pass on anything anymore. She knows full well what happened with Baby Lisa, IMO. She is using drinking as an excuse for whatever happened, IMO, and she will not get away with it.

IDK if it was a horrible accident, rage, or planned for $$$$$ at this point. I do not think for one moment she was in this alone either. She had to have had help, IMO, whether it be JI or someone else.

That is my opinion. That is what I honestly think. I have not felt she was truthful from the beginning.

Sorry, everyone! I am furious at this woman right now and have been for some time. I will just quietly read now and T/O myself until I calm down!

MOO's

Bless you for such an honest and heartfelt post, LaLaw. :hug:

One thing that has bothered me all along is DB saying she put Lisa to bed at 7:30. I have 3 children and I never put one to bed that early, and if I tried there is no way they would have slept through the night. Considering a wake up time of 6 or 7 in the morning for the family that is almost 12 hours.

I really have a hard time with that. jmo

That's not too early in my mind. Our 3-year-old is in bed just before 8 each night, since we all have to be up before 6:30 during the week.

Since we've heard that Debra had lost her license maybe she did not have access to a vehicle? And would have had to call someone for help if something happened at home?

As far as admitting this, if she did (being drunk) I think it is either because it was coming out anyway, or is a way to try to explain discrepencies in her statements which LE may have presented to her over and over.

How did she lose her license?

One thing that has bothered me all along is DB saying she put Lisa to bed at 7:30. I have 3 children and I never put one to bed that early, and if I tried there is no way they would have slept through the night. Considering a wake up time of 6 or 7 in the morning for the family that is almost 12 hours.

Hmmm... good catch mck! Yeah, that seems quite early to be in bed for the night. If mom is putting her in her own room and shutting the door, that's what it would seem like to me.

Here is my belief. Something happened to baby Lisa (I have no idea what) during the course of the evening and so that the boys didn't see what happened in case they woke up, Baby Lisa was passed out of that window. The screen pulled inward at the corner and the baby passed out of it.

I don't believe that anyone came through that window. :(
But wouldn't just handing her over and go out the front door be easier? and a lot less noticeable to any passerby's.

How did she lose her license?

We don't really know if she ever had one. We were just told that she cannot drive/doesn't have a license. I'd bet dollars to donuts she lost it though. IMO

We really dont know that it wasn't done.

We don't. I was just speaking in general terms. It's something I've questioned with all the cases I've followed. I don't recall a single case where they have spoken of testing the people present.
If it's SOP to be breathalized/drug tested after a car accident, why not in these cases too?

It's not to say they don't, just that I've never heard it mentioned.

DB doesn't drive or doesn't have a license to drive? Does she have a car?

Do we know how she lost her license?

I am so happy that I moved out of my glass house years ago...

Wine in a box is not cheap, does not contain more alcohol per glass than your finer wines. We do not know how many people were drinking it or how much was left the next morning.

We do not know how "drunk" she was. She may have just had a buzz on or she could have been falling down drunk. She may have a drinking problem or it may have just gotten out of hand that night...we don't know...

If she does have a problem with drinking and her brother took her to the store why in the world would he allow her to buy the box of wine? Why didn't he tell her husband? Why if she had a drinking problem would he allow her to be alone with 3 kids? Yes if something happened to Lisa and she was drunk she is 100% responsible however some responsiblity has to fall to her brother and husband if they were aware of the situation.

I have owned a beer store for over 24 years and the stories I could tell. In our State if a spouse or LE tell us not to sell any alcohol to someone because they have a problem with it, we have to abide by their request. I think most States should adopt this stand.

She should be charged like those who drive drunk and kill someone...those who aided her should also be charged simply because when there is another human life involved they should have taken every step possible to prevent something like this happening. Her home needs to be investigated and her other children need to be safe.

Or this is just something to get us to watch the interview (if it is I will be really angry) and she is like me...a cheap drunk....

thanks wasn't enough for this one. excellent post. glass houses seem to be gaining in popularity!

And now this news... I think I have lost any hope of little Lisa coming home.

Lights left on, baby not changed into night clothes, not awakened by sounds on the monitor.... drinking would help to explain things that didn't seem right. Since the shopping trip came up, I have wondered if D had previously been a driver & had lost that priviledge.

Precious baby, I am sorry you didn't have better protection.

ETA: reading back, I see others have the same question about the reason D doesn't drive. whew, I was going to come back to delete that as I was afraid it may be against TOS.

My daughter slept from about 7:30ish to about 7ish at this age. She did that for about 3 months or so until we moved and it messed up her routine. My youngest boy is about 16 months and most nights he'll sleep from about 7:15pm to 7am. My other son didn't sleep through (11-12 hours at night) until about 18 months. It just depends on the kid.

For the bottle vs. breast feeding. I'm pretty sure Lisa was bottle fed. I thought I saw some photos somewhere with some Dr. Brown bottles... :waitasec: If she was breastfed though, there are some differing thoughts on the subject. I've worked with 3 different lactation consultants and each one has told me, "If your drunk, baby is drunk." Generally, one glass of wine after baby has just nursed is fine but I definitely wouldn't drink 2+. Newborns are more sensitive than older babies though and that needs to be considered. Here's a good article, if anyone is interested: http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html

I figured when she was buying the wine that she was drinking some, but I wasn't sure how much. IMO, it could mean anything. It just adds to the confusion and speculation on the case. MOO :fence:

Sounds plausible. So what could she have done at that point, being drunk and having a dead baby to hide.
The only thing I can think of is calling someone close, like a big brother, and pleading for help.

Yes.

Perhaps make a call for help in hiding the dead baby at around, oh, 2:38 a.m.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89