Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what irks me the most about this case and the new development as in the McCann case, the parents irresponsible behaviour is what caused their children to go "missing" and they have the nerve to criticize LE in their handling of the investigation! It just burns me up. :furious:

Did DB just say on a clip on the Today Show, 'if they arrest me, then I will never know what happened to Lisa and will not ever see her again'? Is she more concerned about herself than Baby Lisa? It just sounded a bit odd to me.

On the night her 10-month-old daughter disappeared, Lisa Irwin's mother drank enough wine at home while relaxing with a neighbor that she has no recall of whether she checked on her daughter or turned off the house lights before she went to bed.

Did the alcohol cause her to black out? "It's a possibility," Deborah Bradley tells PEOPLE.

Bradley settled down at home for dinner and drinking with a neighbor. She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.

"I had several glasses of wine," Bradley told PEOPLE. More than five? "Probably." Asked if she was concerned she might be drunk with her infant daughter inside, Bradley replied, "She was sleeping. I don't have a problem with me having adult time."

Her friend left for home about 10:30 p.m., and later told Bradley that she saw the lights in the house go dark. But Bradley herself can't say if she turned off those lights, or whether they may have been flipped on by an intruder whom she believes entered her home through the open front window and took her child.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537543,00.html

Oh dear -- a possible blackout??

On the night her 10-month-old daughter disappeared, Lisa Irwin's mother drank enough wine at home while relaxing with a neighbor that she has no recall of whether she checked on her daughter or turned off the house lights before she went to bed.

Did the alcohol cause her to black out? "It's a possibility," Deborah Bradley tells PEOPLE.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537543,00.html

Very sad, I think she did tell LE all of this and thats why they have been searching around the house so much. But, lets say Debbie was pass out, sleeping very well, which I can do after just a few drinks, and someone snatched the baby, then she must have a whole lot of guilt for that alone.

Well so much for the 7:30 bedtime -- now it's 6:40. According to the article, she checked on her soon afterward. 6:40 - 10:30 is not soon afterwards. But 6:40 to 7:30 is.

I don't mom checked on her at 10:30. I think she was blacked out by then!

MOO

Mel

She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537543,00.html

Bradley settled down at home for dinner and drinking with a neighbor. She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.

"I had several glasses of wine," Bradley told PEOPLE. More than five? "Probably." Asked if she was concerned she might be drunk with her infant daughter inside, Bradley replied, "She was sleeping. I don't have a problem with me having adult time."

Her friend left for home about 10:30 p.m., and later told Bradley that she saw the lights in the house go dark. But Bradley herself can't say if she turned off those lights, or whether they may have been flipped on by an intruder whom she believes entered her home through the open front window and took her child.

More then 5 glasses, wowzer she most diffently passed out, and probably had the biggest headache in the morning. I just hope Lisa did not wake in the night and Debbie would bring her to bed with her. I am all for adult time, but there should always be a responsible adult.

She's on the Today Show now. I think she actually thinks she will get sympathy for drinking. She doesn't see anything wrong with it.

bbm.....:furious:

She's on the Today Show now. I think she actually thinks she will get sympathy for drinking. She doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Just watched it. I just can't buy that a stranger broke in a stole a baby. An older kid maybe but are pedophiles into 10 month olds? :( It just doesn't seem plausible. I think something happened to the baby while the mother was drunk. IMO

SBM.

:furious: right now :furious:

I am going to go out on a limb and say she did NOT tell this to the police because we were told that Lisa disappeared some time after 10.30 pm.

If this story were true and if an intruder took her she could have disappeared any time after 6.40 and valuable sightings might have been discounted or not even reported because Lisa was thought to be safe in her own bed at the time.

And then this mother who can't tell if she blacked out or not but doesn't remember anything won't let her older children be interviewed...:banghead: :banghead:

Because, you know, they might actually know the answers to these questions that she doesn't remember.

How does she know Lisa was sleeping if she doesn't even know if she checked on her or if she was even there anymore?

GAHHH - I got that impression from the article:

She was sleeping. I don't have a problem with me having adult time."

Huh, wah, huh? :waitasec:

So adult time consists of drinking 5 or MORE glasses of wine and possibly blacking out? I don't call that adult time - I call that a problem...a serious problem.

The boys need to be removed from under her care stat! Sorry, this is how I feel.

MOOO

Mel

They said the family is getting an attorney. I'm afraid to see who that might be...some circus chaser no doubt.

Just watched it. I just can't buy that a stranger broke in a stole a baby. An older kid maybe but are pedophiles into 10 month olds? :( It just doesn't seem plausible. I think something happened to the baby while the mother was drunk. IMO

The interview on Good Morning America is about to come on soon.

Even if that People article is only half accurate or exaggerated it still makes me want to :banghead:

Forget about Lisa, it's all about poor DB.

All excuses and an interesting defense strategy, should she need one. I wonder if she was actually drunk or just had a few glasses and this is yet again someting to add to that list of convenient things that supposedly happened that night.

That mysterious abductor had the luckiest night of his/her life. Bet they won the lottery too.

And no offence to anyone, but if she was in fact drunk, it's not valid to say "I can't judge her on her that, because it happens." It should NOT happen. Because people (in general, not here specifically) excuse/condone that kind of behavior "because it happens" it's still acceptable when it shouldn't be. If you have young(er) kids, you should be sober enough to take care of them when you're alone. No one says you can't let loose but at least make sure your kids are protected by another adult who is sober.

Sorry for the PSA but it bugs me that such a huge error in judgment might have cost that baby her life.

All my opinion :twocents:

Peter A. said an announcement was expected this afternoon that the parents have hired a lawyer. Also said the parents said this ordeal has brought them closer than ever.

Judge JP said DB had been consistent with her statements up til now and that it's concerning that her story has suddenly changed.

Paraphrased.....

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members