Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I soooo don't want to ask this question, but do we know if Deborah was nursing little Lisa? If Mom was accustomed to drinking regularly, or even an occasional binge, how might this have affected the baby?
I doubt she was nursing Lisa. MOST breast feeding moms are very conscious of how their intake impacts baby. Also, IF she was a regular drinker, the consumption would adversely affect her oxytocin levels; lowering her ability to release milk. A mother who cares enough to nurse @ Lisa's age, would not even think of getting drunk while the sole caretaker of three children, imo.

My theory:
1. She put the baby down early evening and then got sloshed. Went in at 2:30, just prior to passing out, and found baby Lisa not breathing/blue. As doc stated earlier, it happens with a baby with a cold. She panicked, called JI (the one call) who came home to help her get rid of the baby.

2. What electrician works night shift and if so, why off work at such an odd time? Perhaps he came home, found her drunk..maybe in bed with another. A fight ensued, baby awakened and in a fit of rage, one of them harmed her?

It's unlikely that IF one of the siblings dropping her, as stated earlier, would cause a fatal injury. Possible, yes..but unlikely.

I can honestly say I've not been drunk in over 12 years (my oldest is 12). I have always had a great fear of something happening to one of them and finding myself incapable of being there for them. However, as a pediatric nurse, I must say that it's not uncommon to have a child admitted and one or both parents be intoxicated or smell of alcohol. I'm not sure it makes you a *bad* parent as these parents are usually wonderful and attentive the next morning, but I do personally feel it eliminates you from the *good* parent category.

~praying for Lisa

Maybe one of the boys gave Lisa medicine while the Mom was passed out? Who knows? Maybe she thinks she may have od'd her when one of the boys may have done it?

How would she know Lisa ODd, unless DB herself administered the medicine? It's not like she could have done a tox screen or autopsy?

Admitting she was drunk the night her baby disappeared sounds like the beginning of an excuse for some information yet to come..."I was drunk so I didn't know what happened".or why "she wasn't there"...or.." I fell with her."

It appears to be a cart before the horse type of story. For some reason she wants the drunk story out there now, right now. Is she jumping in with a reason (a pretty poor one, I'll admit) as to why she isn't the cause of what happened or what did not happen to the baby?

Or perhaps she knows the cops will be reporting her state of drunkness and she wants to get it out there first in order to appear that she isn't responsible or that she's being truthful.

Guess I'll wait to find out the rest.

jmo

I feel the same way. Honestly, I am completely sick of this DB character and ALL her games, lies, and avoidance. Lock her up and throw away the key until she is willing to tell the truth about what happened to baby Lisa. This "I was drunk" story smells like rotten garbage on a hot summer day.

I've missed a few days, but I thought it was a neighbor who took her to the store? Was it confirmed to be her brother and I missed it? Thanks.
Yes, her underage brother.

Earlier in the thread...there was talk about what charges could be brought against DB, especially now that she has stated that she was drunk. Neglect and manslaugher were mentioned.

My question is this (and hopefully you more experienced WSers can explain)...how is it that CA was not charged with neglect then? What is more neglectful than not reporting your child missing for 30 days?

It always seemed to me that the judicial system was setting a very scary precedence there.....CA did not report her child missing for 30 days (and no neglect charge), so how do you charge anyone in the future with a neglect charge?

I realize this case is not the same w/regards to the reporting of the child being missing....but CA said she didn't know what happened to her child as well.
KC was originally arrested for neglect. That was the very first arrest - which now LE and the prosecution think it was too quick - she lawyared up - well and the rest is history.

What does Greyhounds mean in this post.

Greyhound-bus-threw her under it.

It's referencing a facebook rumor that speaks to DB's teenage behavior. It's not really supposed to be brought here, because anyone can say anything and that doesn't make it true. So far none of her current neighbor's have spoken up with anything even similar. The confirmed and verified opinions have only been positive as to her character.

HTH.

I am thinking the media would have sought out any known drinking problem by the neighbors and ran with it if anybody witnessed it.

When I was a SAHM, it was revealed that one of the mothers in our crowd was a "closet" alcoholic. Appeared to be one of the best mothers in our group! Kids spotless. Photos after photos of the kids. Involved in the kids' lives in public.

So what? No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors. Do they?

I believe I've heard of at least one other case where a parent was drunk or drugged, went to sleep alongside a baby, then rolled on top of the child and smothered it. Perhaps this happened to Lisa, then the mother woke up/sobered up/covered up with the abduction tale?

I am more open to the accident theory now, but if this happened, where is Baby Lisa? How could she have moved her from the home in the time frame we know of, with 2 kids at home. If someone else was involved in helping to cover up (brother?) how has this not been found out by now?

I admit I haven't read to the end of this thread yet because I had company over for dinner, but I just cannot hold it in any longer!

I was a casual drinker before my only son was killed by a drunk driver. I had also been known to get a little 'high' from alcohol prior to that. I never totally forgot anything! I do not believe she did either.

I am furious with DB! I simply cannot help it. I know she was not driving drunk (as far as I know), but she had a sick baby!!!! and two other young children there! I will not give this woman a pass on anything anymore. She knows full well what happened with Baby Lisa, IMO. She is using drinking as an excuse for whatever happened, IMO, and she will not get away with it.

IDK if it was a horrible accident, rage, or planned for $$$$$ at this point. I do not think for one moment she was in this alone either. She had to have had help, IMO, whether it be JI or someone else.

That is my opinion. That is what I honestly think. I have not felt she was truthful from the beginning.

Sorry, everyone! I am furious at this woman right now and have been for some time. I will just quietly read now and T/O myself until I calm down!

MOO's

She had her brother drive her to the grocery store. Maybe she had him drive her somewhere else. But like someone here said a day or so ago, how do you ask your brother, or anyone else, to help you get rid of a body?
If he owed Deborah favors this would make it easier for her to ask him something so horrid. By the word favor I mean that he might have lived rent free with her at one time or perhaps she buys him things and even alcohol.

Maybe one of the boys gave Lisa medicine while the Mom was passed out? Who knows? Maybe she thinks she may have od'd her when one of the boys may have done it?

These boys did NADA. Nothing. No accident by any sibling. No taking Baby Lisa out of the crib---dropping her, administering medicine to sibling. Mommy's first thought (per her interview on Justice Jeanine P Show)-perhaps, one of her brothers took her out of the crib.

I'm open to accident. Absolutely. Sure---If there was an accident, Mommy caused the accident.

I admit I haven't read to the end of this thread yet because I had company over for dinner, but I just cannot hold it in any longer!

I was a casual drinker before my only son was killed by a drunk driver. I had also been known to get a little 'high' from alcohol prior to that. I never totally forgot anything! I do not believe she did either.

I am furious with DB! I simply cannot help it. I know she was not driving drunk (as far as I know), but she had a sick baby!!!! and two other young children there! I will not give this woman a pass on anything anymore. She knows full well what happened with Baby Lisa, IMO. She is using drinking as an excuse for whatever happened, IMO, and she will not get away with it.

IDK if it was a horrible accident, rage, or planned for $$$$$ at this point. I do not think for one moment she was in this alone either. She had to have had help, IMO, whether it be JI or someone else.

That is my opinion. That is what I honestly think. I have not felt she was truthful from the beginning.

Sorry, everyone! I am furious at this woman right now and have been for some time. I will just quietly read now and T/O myself until I calm down!

MOO's

I am so sorry for the loss of your son!!! Words cannot express how hard it must have been for you!:rose:

I don't know, I said it before, but there are some Terri/Kaine vibes coming through for me...he could be working with LE and "confessing" to LE that he was aware of her "habits" yet did nothing about them. JMO

Yep it was so obivious to me from the first time I saw them together...just like deja-vu.

And who told that Terri did not pass the lie detector test...Terri

Who told that DB did not pass?DB

Who said they are blaming me? Terri and DB

DB started this line of "defense" last night on JJP I believe. She admitted to drinking wine on the porch with the neighbour.

I think what we're going to hear in the interview is her admitting it again and the interviewer asking her if she might have had enough to have been somewhat drunk when she went to bed, therefore not hearing any of the "intruder" noises. I think she will admit to a couple of glasses and that it was likely she was "drunk" enough to sleep through an abduction.

But of course not drunk enough to remember turning off the lights.

I don't think we're going to hear her say...yes I was very drunk and have no recollection really of the evening.

MOO

How would she know Lisa ODd, unless DB herself administered the medicine? It's not like she could have done a tox screen or autopsy?

No and I didn't mean that. If there was medicine on the baby or the boys told her thay gave Lisa medicine she would know. Just thinking of reasons why she won't let LE talk to the boys is all.

I think the drunk info is coming out now as an excuse to cover why nothing DB seems to say/do makes any sense. I think in her mind she thinks it makes people sympathetic to her and it points to a kidnapping.....that she thinks someone knew she was drunk and took advantage of the situation.

MOO BAA QUACK

But but do men who have affairs steal their mistresses baby? IDK far fetched to me.

imo

Oh, I think he was speaking to Mom here (I think he said people that cheat on their husbands).. I think JI just found out that not only is his daughter missing, but the mother of his child was having an affair....kinda sounds liek the same thing Kaine Horman went through...all my opinion...

One thing that has bothered me all along is DB saying she put Lisa to bed at 7:30. I have 3 children and I never put one to bed that early, and if I tried there is no way they would have slept through the night. Considering a wake up time of 6 or 7 in the morning for the family that is almost 12 hours.

I really have a hard time with that. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member