Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:laugh:
Shamrock said:
Scott Peterson too. Kidding!!!! :D

Nope, just Darlie.
Good one. Although I would like to write snotty. I have a few choice words for him.

Michelle- you mean to say that his good looks haven't swayed you to his side yet???:doh: hahaa

It would take the rest of what is his lifetime to say what I would want to say.

On that note-What does one talk about with a DR inmate? Life and family and such? Sorry to be so dense and nosey this morning LOL

It's hard to think of things to say. It's always a struggle with every letter I write. That's why sometimes I think, "Why the hell am I even doing this?" I think it's habit by now. As I'm getting older, my opinions and views are changing, so I don't know where that will lead me.

Shamrock said:
It's hard to think of things to say. It's always a struggle with every letter I write. That's why sometimes I think, "Why the hell am I even doing this?" I think it's habit by now. As I'm getting older, my opinions and views are changing, so I don't know where that will lead me.
Does she have much to say or is she on autopilot at this point?

Anyone know where the case is in the system and what a reasonable estimate would be for her time to be up???? Last I remember she got some DNA testing to be ordered but I cannot remember if that has happened or whats next......

I heard that Texas was loathe to "execute" a women and it is rather rare occurance.

Karla Faye Tucker was the first women executed in 135 years and the first women in 22 years since the D.P. was reinstated. That was back in 1998. But I do hope that they make Darlie the second women to be executed.

I heard that Texas was loathe to "execute" a women and it is rather rare occurance.

Karla Faye Tucker was the first women executed in 135 years and the first women in 22 years since the D.P. was reinstated. That was back in 1998. But I do hope that they make Darlie the second women to be executed.

Actually Texas has executed two other women since Karla Faye Tucker. Frances Newton (I think that was her name) for killing her husband and children and another woman (can't remember her name at all) for the murder of her husband and burying him in her backyard. I think she had also murdered other men.

So at least we know that Texas will eventually execute her (if nothing changes legally) but I bet you it won't be in this decade.

Texas has absolutely no problem executing a woman; however, even in Texas, they want to be sure that all appeals have been exhausted and Darlie's still has a way to go.

Actually Texas has executed two other women since Karla Faye Tucker. Frances Newton (I think that was her name) for killing her husband and children and another woman (can't remember her name at all) for the murder of her husband and burying him in her backyard. I think she had also murdered other men.

So at least we know that Texas will eventually execute her (if nothing changes legally) but I bet you it won't be in this decade.

I believe you are thinking about Betty Lou Beets. I think she buried several husbands in the yard.... LOL

So the process is so complex there is no way to predict?? For the men I have noticed that 10 years is a good rule of thumb. But she is past that already. I suspect all the court reporter stuff will delay it some as well. But is there any way to predict it? Is she a certain percentage of the way thru the process? Last I heard I thought I remember someone saying that the DNA tests that she asked for and was granted will sort of slam the door in her face when they don't come out like she wants so that might put her on a faster track???

I believe you are thinking about Betty Lou Beets. I think she buried several husbands in the yard.... LOL

So the process is so complex there is no way to predict?? For the men I have noticed that 10 years is a good rule of thumb. But she is past that already. I suspect all the court reporter stuff will delay it some as well. But is there any way to predict it? Is she a certain percentage of the way thru the process? Last I heard I thought I remember someone saying that the DNA tests that she asked for and was granted will sort of slam the door in her face when they don't come out like she wants so that might put her on a faster track???

Well the DNA not coming out the way she wants will certainly help the higher courts pick up the pen a bit faster than they might have, that's for sure. However, there is some hope on her part because of the trial court transcript errors. Its going to depend on how well the higher courts feel the redo was.

Well the DNA not coming out the way she wants will certainly help the higher courts pick up the pen a bit faster than they might have, that's for sure. However, there is some hope on her part because of the trial court transcript errors. Its going to depend on how well the higher courts feel the redo was.

Jeana - Are you saying that the trial transcript errors could actually halt her execution. I understand the legality of the transcripts but I don't see how those errors change the fact that she killed her kids and rec'd the DP. Are you saying that she could get a new trial - you know if the higher courts deem the transcripts null and void.

Wow I thought she had already got all the mileage out of the transcript that she was going to get? I knew it had already delayed lots of things thus far but I thought all the motions with regard to that have been addressed and denied and the rewrite will stand?

Does anyone know what the remaining steps are in her process?

Yep that is her. Didn't she plant a flower garden over them? I think she was the last woman executed in Texas.

Wow I thought she had already got all the mileage out of the transcript that she was going to get? I knew it had already delayed lots of things thus far but I thought all the motions with regard to that have been addressed and denied and the rewrite will stand?

Does anyone know what the remaining steps are in her process?

Yea I know HarleyGuy, I was thinking the same thing until Jeana posted her comment. I guess after state appeals had been exhausted, it moved to a federal level where possibly they have to rule on the same items just at a higher level. I am correct Jeana?

Sorry HarleyGuy that I could not answer your question.

Jeana - Are you saying that the trial transcript errors could actually halt her execution. I understand the legality of the transcripts but I don't see how those errors change the fact that she killed her kids and rec'd the DP. Are you saying that she could get a new trial - you know if the higher courts deem the transcripts null and void.

Yup. That's what I'm saying.

This case was profiled again on American Justice the other night. It
showed an additional birthday party scene that was much more subdued and somber before the silly string. It also showed pictures of Darlie with
extensive bruising that I hadn't heard about before. From the pics it
didn't really look self inflicted and it stated that the slash to her neck
came within a milimeter of killing her.
Any thoughts on this?
I thought the other evidence to be pretty damning but that kind of threw me.

Yep that is her. Didn't she plant a flower garden over them? I think she was the last woman executed in Texas.

No I think Francis Newton was the last one/most recent.

I think Betty Beets also had a well/cistern in her yard that she threw one of them down. From what I read she was a battered woman several times over. I guess she was just sorting them out till she got a good one.... LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back