Darlie Routier's Appeals & Court Rulings

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dani_T said:
Hi Kaly,

Are you referring to her written testimony or something spoken by her so he can analyse it?

If you want Darlie talking for analysis you can also find it at the same website as above but click on the 'media' section (it is of prison interviews rather than her verbal trial testimony which is not available). One of the first ones there is a monologue from Darlie I believe but pretty much all the other ones also have interviews with her (except the Leeza Shows I think... though he could analyse Darin on that perhaps!)

If the analyst is going to listen to her talking it would be great if he listened to her during her prison interviews but also listened to the interview she gave after the silly string tape where she talks about Damon and Devon being in heaven having a party.

Let us know how you get on
Thanks:) We would need her voice - or Darin's - but it has to be clear. I did find a clip at the beginning of the Leeza show, but that was off the 911 call, which wasn't clear enough. Is that silly string one on the same site? I will look in the media section and will let you know if I find anything good enough.

BTW, until I ran into that Justice for Darlie site when I first came here, and saw the photos of her dead kids, the whole thing didn't really hit me. Those are stab wounds made by someone really, really pissed off! I have been nauseated about the case ever since I saw those photos.

Kaly
P.S. A lot of people here from Las Vegas? I'm from Reno.

Welcome Kalypso! I'd be curious as to what your friend comes up with after he's had time to do an analysis. Have you tried the audio from the 911 call besides what you found on Leeza's show? While some of it isn't clear exactly what she's saying, you'll find that in some places she is quite coherent, and your friend may be able to get something from those segments.

Regards,
Pea

Peake said:
Welcome Kalypso! I'd be curious as to what your friend comes up with after he's had time to do an analysis. Have you tried the audio from the 911 call besides what you found on Leeza's show? While some of it isn't clear exactly what she's saying, you'll find that in some places she is quite coherent, and your friend may be able to get something from those segments.

Regards,
Pea
:D Hi Peak
I've only just barely listened to the one on www.fordarlieroutier.org but stopped because the quality was so bad. I will try the one on the darlie for justice site. I plan to get out the headphones and listen to it at least twice. But I know already that it will sound fakey to me. When I saw her on a TV documentary, I just felt so strongly that she was being fake. She would look at the camera, sort of self consciously, always aware of just how she looked.

I think she may have Narcisstic Personality Disorder.

I read her hypnosis report last night and what's this about now seeing two men in her living room? When did that start? I have been hypnotized many times and I can tell you that it's very possible to make up fantasy scenarios under hypnosis.
It also made me ill the way she was posing for the photos in prison. :behindbar She is her own best fan!:sick:

Kaly

I've heard that killing someone with a knife is supposed to be one of the most "personal" ways that it can be done and usually comes with a LOT of rage. Makes perfect sense in this case.

Dani_T said:
You know Mary, it wouldn't be a bad idea for some of us to put together a document/webpage which refutes the claims (some of the ones listed above) point by point for people interested in the case. Between all of us I'm sure we could cover most/all of them. Then at least we could send newbies somewhere to have their initial questions answered.

What do you think?

Excellent idea Dani. My group i'm involved with on the Jeffrey MacDonald case have done just that. It's called the Magical Mystery Tour. It's really something to see those claims and then the refutation of the claim right there side by side.

Sunseeker started something like this a few years ago on Image Dump I think but her's was very hard to maneouver around in, I thought anyway. Mary might remember.

Kalypso said:
:D Hi Peak
I've only just barely listened to the one on www.fordarlieroutier.org but stopped because the quality was so bad. I will try the one on the darlie for justice site. I plan to get out the headphones and listen to it at least twice. But I know already that it will sound fakey to me. When I saw her on a TV documentary, I just felt so strongly that she was being fake. She would look at the camera, sort of self consciously, always aware of just how she looked.

I think she may have Narcisstic Personality Disorder.

I read her hypnosis report last night and what's this about now seeing two men in her living room? When did that start? I have been hypnotized many times and I can tell you that it's very possible to make up fantasy scenarios under hypnosis.
It also made me ill the way she was posing for the photos in prison. :behindbar She is her own best fan!:sick:

Kaly

Oh the two intruder theory came about when she/they realized the unidentified print on the glass table was too small to match the over 6 ft intruder she described!

About those autopsy photos. I feel it's important to look at them. I need to understand why or how an intruder, a perfect stranger, would inflict such brutality on two little boys and leave the adults alive. Why were these two tiny boys targeted for death and Darlie left alive.

I just went over to jfd and listened to some of the oral arguments and me thinks Darlie is going to get a new trial......if I was listening to the federal appellate court arguments. Those trial transcripts are bringing up an awful lot of concern with one of the judges. I don't think Rolator is being successful with his argument that nothing was lost. How can he say that with Volume 27 completely missing? Another big issue is the fact that the information in the transcripts couldn't be certified by the new court reporter. Texas may not have a problem with it, but I think these federal judges will. At least one of them does...she is asking too many questions. I wish I could hear the whole thing clearly but I have dial up. I am going to have to make an effort to get cable soon. Anyway, fasten your seat belts, folks. I do think Darlie will have a second chance to beat that needle. It will be interesting to see what she does with this second chance. I hope she is smart enough not to blow it this time. If not, she could end up right back where she is today.

I hope CTV will be televising it.

I really hope she does get a new trial. There were just too many things about her trial that bother me. I wonder when we will hear!

Goody said:
I just went over to jfd and listened to some of the oral arguments and me thinks Darlie is going to get a new trial......if I was listening to the federal appellate court arguments. Those trial transcripts are bringing up an awful lot of concern with one of the judges. I don't think Rolator is being successful with his argument that nothing was lost. How can he say that with Volume 27 completely missing? Another big issue is the fact that the information in the transcripts couldn't be certified by the new court reporter. Texas may not have a problem with it, but I think these federal judges will. At least one of them does...she is asking too many questions. I wish I could hear the whole thing clearly but I have dial up. I am going to have to make an effort to get cable soon. Anyway, fasten your seat belts, folks. I do think Darlie will have a second chance to beat that needle. It will be interesting to see what she does with this second chance. I hope she is smart enough not to blow it this time. If not, she could end up right back where she is today.

Goody, you're the "BEST"! All you're "POSTS" are amazing and fair, you're very intuitive. I can't say enough. :blowkiss: You're wonderful. And now I have to add my:twocents: Darin is the coward :chicken: MF..er who got away with more than just "covering up".

I really hope she gets a new trial too. I don't know whether she's innocent or guilty, and from reading the investigation/trial mishaps, no one who heard what was presented at trial knows either.

It's time to have a new trial and a fresh look at this case, and maybe this time they'll have a psychiatrist who will state that people grieve in bizarre ways, and don't think she's guilty just because she acts very oddly on her kid's graves.

KatherineQ said:
I really hope she gets a new trial too. I don't know whether she's innocent or guilty, and from reading the investigation/trial mishaps, no one who heard what was presented at trial knows either
That is untrue. Many reporters and authors and many others know she is guilty. Became sure during the trail. Were iffy BEFORE the trial.
It's time to have a new trial and a fresh look at this case, and maybe this time they'll have a psychiatrist who will state that people grieve in bizarre ways, and don't think she's guilty just because she acts very oddly on her kid's graves
There are stages of grief, this is known. You do not skip steps. Darlie was already at acceptance 6 days after the attacks. At the Silly String Party she talked about how happy the boys were and how they were having the biggest party in heaven. ahem, 6 days! Her defense did have a psyche expert. Her camp claims she has Traumtic Amnesia. You must read transcripts, interviews, posts to learn the truths behind the BS she likes to throw to the public
She was not even charged, much less convicted because of her actions at the Silly String Party. She certainly didn't win any friends over that, but that's not why shes sitting on death row! This case has more forensic evidence than many cases do. It's all over the crime scene. It has nothing to do with not being able to find proof of an intruder, but that her story does not fit the blood evidence. Why would an intruder clean up blood? Why would he break into a house to kill and then forget his weapon. Why stab 2 sleeping young boys, but slice at the only other adult in the room? Children are not usually murdered in home invasions. They are either attacked for sexual purposes or kidnapped and killed later.In all of these posts, we could have written several books already on all the evidence. What are these investigative mishaps?

Goody said:

Goody! You sound happy about this! How could you be! It also sounds like you think she can win! What's happening to you! She is where she should be! A new trial is a complete waste of time and money! This makes me sick..:sick:

Being a resident of Texas, I can tell you unequivocally that I hate to see another dollar of taxpayer money wasted on a new trial for Darlie. I think here in Texas there is a huge possibility that there are actually some innocent people sitting in Texas prisons. If someone is going to get a new trial, I would hope it would be someone more deserving than someone who I think is guilty, was proven guilty by a jury of her peers, and who had a huge mound of evidence that pointed to her guilt. I understand there were problems with the trial transcript and that could cause a Federal Judge some consternation. However, I will never find myself hoping for a new trial for a woman who murdered two of her children in a cold-blooded fashion.

HeartofTexas, I'm a Texan too, and I couldn't believe how angry and sure of her guilt people became after the silly string incident.

To me she looked beside herself with grief. I've seen people grieving - laughing - hysterically, or sitting stone faced without expression. No one grieves the same, and the public decided because she was dancing around shooting off silly string, she was the monster that killed her kids.

And there went the jury pool.

Katherine, I found the silly string incident all but appalling, but it had nothing to do with me thinking she's guilty. It didn't help, obviously, but she was convicted based upon the evidence presented at trial.

HeartofTexas said:
Katherine, I found the silly string incident all but appalling, but it had nothing to do with me thinking she's guilty. It didn't help, obviously, but she was convicted based upon the evidence presented at trial.
i so agree with you hot--- i didnt convict her in my own mind because of the grave side fiasco- it just added to what i felt she was capable of -

armywife210 said:
I really hope she does get a new trial. There were just too many things about her trial that bother me. I wonder when we will hear!
Sorry, but I can't say much happened at Darlie's trial that we don't see in most others, but I do think there could be some federal appellate issues that might get her a new trial. Those transcripts are one of them. The bottomline evidence though is the same and will probably convict her again. If she is smart, she will realize that and not try to beat the system again. If she is smart, she will come clean this time in exchange for a prison sentence that might let her parole out someday ....or at the very least keep her off of death row.

I don't think the claims of ineffective counsel or Mulder's conflict of interest will go anywhere though. She very clearly stated that Darin definitely did not do it. How can she say that and then turn around and implicate him? She can't have it both ways.

Spywhere said:
Goody, you're the "BEST"! All you're "POSTS" are amazing and fair, you're very intuitive. I can't say enough. :blowkiss: You're wonderful. And now I have to add my:twocents: Darin is the coward :chicken: MF..er who got away with more than just "covering up".
Why thanks, Spy. I just call it the way I see it.

I can't say I don't agree with you about Darin. I think he is a bit cowardly, too, but I don't know how involved he really is. I can make a list of things that show he probably was involved and I can make a list of things that show he probably wasn't. He is really, really hard to figure out.

One thing I am convinced of though....If Darin was the one who killed the kids, Darlie had to know it and would have likely been a part of the planning (whatever little they may have done). There is just no way I can believe that he killed the kids without her knowledge, mostly because the crime scene evidence ALL points to her. Not any of it points to him. Blood cannot be controlled. It seems to have a mind of its own as it flies, spatters, drips, etc. No one could frame her that way. And I don't think he could have participated without some of it pointing at him, with or without his jeans.

KatherineQ said:
I really hope she gets a new trial too. I don't know whether she's innocent or guilty, and from reading the investigation/trial mishaps, no one who heard what was presented at trial knows either.

It's time to have a new trial and a fresh look at this case, and maybe this time they'll have a psychiatrist who will state that people grieve in bizarre ways, and don't think she's guilty just because she acts very oddly on her kid's graves.
I think they had a psychiatrist who defended her in many ways at the first trial. Nonetheless, I don't think you can look at the evidence and think the silly string video was the most compelling piece of evidence they had. It truly was not. What it showed though is a woman who was ready to get on with her life after only a few days of the brutal murders she clearly had witnessed. It was not about HOW she grieved. It was about IF she grieved and where her head was at. As Beesy said in her post, Darlie had clearly already reached acceptance in her grief process. That is something that takes months to do. She did it in a matter of days. Why do you suppose? One possibility is that she had accepted the loss of the boys before they were killed, which is often the case when mothers kill their children.

The rest of us who lose children tragically go thru denial first, then anger long before we get to acceptance. While we all go through those stages differently, the fact is we all go through each stage. We don't skip any of them. And skipping seems to be what Darlie did if we are to believe that the silly string video is an innocent display of emotion or lack of in her individual grief process. (Darin seems to have done some skipping too)

The video tape doesn't tell us IF Darlie is guilty, but it is the frosting on the cake, so to speak, once one has reached their decision on her guilt or innocence. If you believe she is guilty, you can see someone with no remorse. If you believe she is innocent, you see someone who is odd in their approach to death. And odd would be okay IF the boys had died of cancer. Parents would have a long time to go thru the stages of grief before the death so they would be able to be in acceptance when the death finally happened. I don't think it is possible for anyone to race through all the stages within just a few days no matter how different they claim to be,esp after being traumatized by such a violent and bloody scene.

beesy said:
Goody! You sound happy about this! How could you be! It also sounds like you think she can win! What's happening to you! She is where she should be! A new trial is a complete waste of time and money! This makes me sick..:sick:
Of course, I am happy about it!! I very selfishly would love to see another trial on this case. Not because I want her to get off. I want the state to have to provide more information than they did last time, to fill up some of the holes. I want Darlie to have a chance to come clean. A new trial might provide motivation for her to do that unless she is a total fool and thinks she can beat the system again. She failed last time. That should tell her that it is not an easy thing to do. She isn't OJ Simpson.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back