Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KatherineQ said:
Darin said she had wet towels, and so did David Waddell but I can't find it this instant. She had wet towels.
Hi Katherine,

Officer Waddell never saw her put a towel on Damon let alone a wet towel. His testimony is clear on that fact. She didn't help Damon whilst in his sight.

Darin doesn't mention her putting a towel on Damon until his testimony (I think - would need to check that) which was after the 'wet towel' story had been concocted by Darlie after she saw her sink gone.

The ambulance officer who tended Damon did not see a towel on him.

The Crime Library story was where I first read about the case too. However, you need to be aware with those stories that they are a collaboration of information from various sources and they don't get them right all the time (in fact not even Barbara Davis who was in the courtroom wrote an error free book). Best thing to do is go to the transcripts and check them yourself.

There is no indepedent evidence about wet towels (except perhaps Darin but I would be reading what he said in the context of earlier statements).

She may have been getting wet towels for David Waddell.
She didn't get towels for Officer Waddell. Didn't happen. There is no transcript record of her ever doing this.

Robert:

I like reading your stuff... I don't agree with you about Darin, but you know this case soooooo well - you have some great insights and thoughts.

Question for you guys: did anyone ever find Darlie's underwear from the night of the attack?

Goody said:
I disagree, Jeana. I don't think she wet any towels. She just said that to explain why they found blood in the sink drain and to explain her bloody footprints, etc. No one but Darlie and Darin ever said a word about "wet" towels. And there is no supporting physical evidence in the family room or the kitchen to back it up. So I don't think she wet anything.

I think the towel she held against her own neck was wet. I don't know when she did it, but I believe that it was. Can't speak to the others used on the boys. However, since everyone who knows about wounds said it was stupid to wet towels to apply to bleeding gaping wounds, nothing surprises me about what she may have done on that.

Fritzy's Mom said:
Robert:

I like reading your stuff... I don't agree with you about Darin, but you know this case soooooo well - you have some great insights and thoughts.

Question for you guys: did anyone ever find Darlie's underwear from the night of the attack?

With all due respect to you and Robert, this is incorrect. Most of his "facts" are incorrect.

With regard to the "missing panties," the only source we have about panties at all are Darlie and Darin and we all know by now that they lied during the investigation, during the trial and after, so why believe them about this issue?

Jeana (DP) said:
With all due respect to you and Robert, this is incorrect. Most of his "facts" are incorrect.

With regard to the "missing panties," the only source we have about panties at all are Darlie and Darin and we all know by now that they lied during the investigation, during the trial and after, so why believe them about this issue?
Not quite sure what you mean by that...:waitasec:

I wouldn't so much say that his facts are "incorrect" as I would say he has a different interpretation of them...I like that. I don't agree with many of his theories, but I do like considering them. If I were Darlie, I would want someone like that on my jury - too many jurors just allow themselves to be spoon-fed the prosecution's story without doing much questioning...

As for Darlie's underwear, I'm just asking a simple "yes" or "no" question...were they ever found?

Fritzy's Mom said:

I wouldn't so much say that his facts are "incorrect" as I would say he has a different interpretation of them...I like that. I don't agree with many of his theories, but I do like considering them. If I were Darlie, I would want someone like that on my jury - too many jurors just allow themselves to be spoon-fed the prosecution's story without doing much questioning...

As for Darlie's underwear, I'm just asking a simple "yes" or "no" question...were they ever found?

Sweetie, there's no such thing as "interpretations" of the truth. :)

My feeling is the panties were placed into the basket of dirty laundry that she took the sock out of whilst staging the scene.

Fritzy's Mom said:

Well, maybe not "incorrect." How about not according to testimony or crime scene analysis?

I'm with DP on where the panties ended up.

Jeana (DP) said:
Sweetie, there's no such thing as "interpretations" of the truth. :)
LOL...well, yeah - but in this case, the "truth" is pretty elusive...

My feeling is the panties were placed into the basket of dirty laundry that she took the sock out of whilst staging the scene.
OR...the real killer took them. (I'm going to crawl under my desk and cover my head now...)

Fritzy's Mom said:

His interpretation of the medical testimony concerning Darlie's injuries is definitely incorrect. He insists she was badly injured full of defense wounds despite evidence to the contrary and testimony from the doctors who treated her.

The jury got to see and hear Darlie when she took the stand. I think they could probably judge her for themselves. She had an opportunity to un spoon feed the jury by answering the prosecutor's questions during cross examination. Because she's the killer she was only able to state she "didn't remember" No jury is going to fall for that.

Fritzy's Mom said:

OR...the real killer took them. (I'm going to crawl under my desk and cover my head now...)

Ah ha, FM has Darlie's missing panties. She's covering her head with them now.

Gosh we made so many jokes about these panties years ago didn't we ladies. The perp leaves the bloody knife behind but takes a sock and panties.

cami said:
Gosh we made so many jokes about these panties years ago didn't we ladies. The perp leaves the bloody knife behind but takes a sock and panties.
He had his hands full and couldn't take the knife. Don't you know anything, Cami? hahahahah@

Mary456 said:
Seriously, that whole story of wetting towels in the sink is a lie, compliments of Darlie and Darin. Even a first-year forensic student would be able to detect watered down blood on clothing or carpeting. Mulder never even approached the subject with the forensic experts who testified. Supporters will say it's because he was incompetent, didn't dig hard enough, but I say...the man knew his limitations.
He also probably knew the answer to that one and it would not have been good for Darlie.

Goody said:
He had his hands full and couldn't take the knife. Don't you know anything, Cami? hahahahah@

Aaaahahaha yeah maybe he had a handfull of those DD's

Fritzy's Mom said:

It certainly is elusive!!! LOL Some of us think that either aliens (the space ship variety) or Santa took them, but we just can't agree on that!

Dani_T said:
Oh for crying out loud.

Let's say it slowly together.

Laber says nothing about blood spatter on Darin's jeans.

And now that we have gotten over that hurdle let's go to the logical conclusion

The defense have produced no evidence that there was blood spatter on the jeans

There now. That wasn't so hard was it?

Hehehehe.

Beautiful!

cami said:
Ah ha, FM has Darlie's missing panties. She's covering her head with them now.
Oh, no - I don't do that anymore. Fritzy gets very upset when I wear underwear on my head. :(

cami said:
Aaaahahaha yeah maybe he had a handfull of those DD's
Well, shoot, he had the darned sock and the panties. No wonder he dropped the knife! hahahaha! DD's eh? From the medical reports, didn't look like he even touched them!!

I mean, gosh, darn! With those two melons staring up at him, how on earth he missed her heart and found her neck while she was laying on that sofa is a mystery to me. The guy must have had tunnel vision!......on the wrong body part! hahahahah! Didn't Darin say something to that effect himself?

Goody said:
Well, shoot, he had the darned sock and the panties. No wonder he dropped the knife! hahahaha! DD's eh? From the medical reports, didn't look like he even touched them!!

Oh, and don't forget that he had to escape out of garage door and then lift a broken gate, exit and then lift again to close it before.

Jeana (DP) said:
Oh, and don't forget that he had to escape out of garage door and then lift a broken gate, exit and then lift again to close it before.
Yeah, he was worried about what the neighbors would think if they got up in the morning and saw that gate hanging open. A very PC killer, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73