Darlie Supporters and Darin Routier

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, would like to know where to find the assertion that Darlie fixed a "warm wet compress" for one of the boys???

Actually, what *really* happened is that Darlie was asked several times by Waddell, the first officer on the scene, to get a towel to cover Damon's wounds.....she never did.

The "wet towel" story came from Darlie when she was doing a "walk through" the house and she noticed the kitchen sink was missing and had been submitted into evidence. Only THEN did she mention ever getting wet towels for the boys. This was never proven. From what I understand, there were never any towels (let alone wet ones) placed on either Devon or Damon. The only towel Darlie ever got was for herself......and was probably the same towel she used to clean up after she committed the murders.

Jaxie said:
I, too, would like to know where to find the assertion that Darlie fixed a "warm wet compress" for one of the boys???

Actually, what *really* happened is that Darlie was asked several times by Waddell, the first officer on the scene, to get a towel to cover Damon's wounds.....she never did.

The "wet towel" story came from Darlie when she was doing a "walk through" the house and she noticed the kitchen sink was missing and had been submitted into evidence. Only THEN did she mention ever getting wet towels for the boys. This was never proven. From what I understand, there were never any towels (let alone wet ones) placed on either Devon or Damon. The only towel Darlie ever got was for herself......and was probably the same towel she used to clean up after she committed the murders.

That's exactly how I remember it. Thanks.

The story I read, she was instructed to get wet towels, and the EMT had to tell her several times to do it and calm down, and she did it.

This from Crime Library only briefly touches on what I'm saying, and doesn't mention "wet", but I swear that's what he said in an expanded version of this story mentioned.

I have not read her account of what happened, and this information was actually considered against Darlie, in that she was screaming and not helping. it wasn't in an article stating that's how the sink got bloody, I put that together in my own mind (although many others probably have too, but I haven't read that anywhere else, this putting together the wet towels with the bloody footprints).

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/women/routier/2.html?sect=1

From CourtTV's crime library (which I don't believe is a pro-Darlie site), Darren's account of Darlie running around hysterically, applying wet towels to one of the boy's chests trying to keep it (the chest) together. While the first officer on the scene, David Waddell, who was the one who requested she get towels, was there.

There it is. She's applying soaked towels to the boy, after Waddell requested she get towels for him. Seems to me that's how the blood and footprints could have been in the kitchen sink. Because she was told to do it, by David Waddell.

It seems by David Waddell's own statements, he was in shock. And who blames him - but the thing is, if he orders her to go get wet towels, and she does, that could leave those ominous bloody footprints in front of the sink that have been used as evidence she cleaned up the crime scene.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/women/routier/8.html?sect=11

Darlin, I don't have time to read that whole article. I remember hearing that his testimony was that he told her several times to assist her boys and she didn't. It was my understanding that she and Darin were doing the wet towel thing before his arrival. Regardless, I'd trust his (Waddell's) testimony before either of the Routiers or even this link you provided.

Katherine,

There wasn't just her bloody footprints by the sink, but her blood was all inside the cabinets underneath the sink where the cleaning supplies were kept as well.

Like I said, there is no actual evidence nor are there any witnesses of her wetting or applying towels to either of the kids. Like I said, this is something she mentions AFTER she saw the sink was missing from her house.

However, despite her claiming to have done this, every single witness there, including cops and paramedics, claim she did NOT. Not only that, but there was no evidence to suggest either kid had ever had a wet towel placed on them.

Also, keep in mind, the sink wasn't full of blood.....it was ONCE full of blood but had been cleaned up!!

Darin said she had wet towels, and so did David Waddell but I can't find it this instant. She had wet towels.

And I saw some forensic show, the point of the show was to prove conclusively that Darlie was a murderer, and they showed that luminol outprint of her feet, at the kitchen sink. That was a big HUGE thing, because she had denied cleaning the crime scene and yet, here were her feet with an outline of blood at the kitchen sink. The photo was entered into evidence at the trial, her feet at the sink.

She may have been getting wet towels for David Waddell.

KatherineQ said:
Darin said she had wet towels, and so did David Waddell but I can't find it this instant. She had wet towels.

And I saw some forensic show, the point of the show was to prove conclusively that Darlie was a murderer, and they showed that luminol outprint of her feet, at the kitchen sink. That was a big HUGE thing, because she had denied cleaning the crime scene and yet, here were her feet with an outline of blood at the kitchen sink. The photo was entered into evidence at the trial, her feet at the sink.

She may have been getting wet towels for David Waddell.

Everyone said she wet towels. No one is disputing the fact that she wet some towels. However, running water for wetting a towel that she THREW to Darin as he helped the boys is NOT the same thing as helping her children. Waddell acknowledged that the towel he saw her with was being held to her own neck. I'll be happy to stipulate that when Darin was doing CPR on the child, she threw him a wet towel. Doesn't mean the sink should have been "cleaned" by her standing there wetting a towel.

KatherineQ said:
Darin said she had wet towels, and so did David Waddell but I can't find it this instant. She had wet towels..

by the way, just for the record, Darin also said they had a wonderful marriage and never had any financial problems either. But we know that he's a liar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Katherine,
I have no doubt that there we towels there, damp towels, but the difference is, LE believes she used them to clean up while she maintains she was there at the sink to simply wet towels to put on the boys.
There are however a few damning items about this sink. Her blood is found inside the cabinet below where cleaning items were kept. Furthermore all three bloodtypes were found behind the sink near the splashgaurd. This is also the area that LE believes she cut her own throat.
There were over 20 towels found around the boys, so there was absolutely no reason to run back and forth wetting towels.

Waddell testified he did NOT actually see Darlie wet towels and place them on the boys. Like I said, there is no evidence of this. Neither of the boy's pajamas were wet, and the wounds weren't diluted. There is no evidence there were any wet towels placed on the boys.

Also, I would like to know when she allegedly placed these towels on the boys. She claims she immediately dialed 911 and she was on the call with the 911 dispatcher until Waddell got there. There was no water running in the background of the call so when did she wet the towels and place them on the boys?

Jaxie said:
She claims she immediately dialed 911 and she was on the call with the 911 dispatcher until Waddell got there. There was no water running in the background of the call so when did she wet the towels and place them on the boys?
Well that sums up the core of the issue, that's for sure. There isn't any arguing that. (However for some reason the legend just goes on and on and on...."because Darlie or Darin said so"! :dance:

Jaxie - she wet the towels AFTER Waddell arrived, because he told her to do it.

What's so hard to understand about that, really, it seems quite well documented that she had WET TOWELS and that Waddell requested her to fetch towels to help the kids.

Everything else is peripheral - whether she actually used the wet towels Waddell told her to get more for herself, whether she was good at using the wet towels to close the boy's chest, no matter.

He told her to get them, she got them, period.

The thing about this case, is, when you rehash something for years, daily, some stuff gets confused and actual facts get distorted and it no longer is possible to tell in a conversation like this what's made up and what's not.

I posted two articles, not in her favor, about the wet towels.

Read them or don't, I'm out of this forum because it seems pointless to have to keep proving what is fact.

KatherineQ said:
Jaxie - she wet the towels AFTER Waddell arrived, because he told her to do it.

Source please. He TOLD her to do it, but testified that she did not. What makes you think he's not telling the truth?

Katherine....you're not reading my posts. Okie? Please read carefully...

Waddell has testified that he did NOT see her wet the towels! Good Lord....lol....I feel like a broken record player.

There were towels at the scene. BUT BUT BUT nobody saw her wet them and nobody saw her place them on the boys. So you saying Waddell told her to get wet towels (which isn't even true, he told her to apply a towel to Damon, not necessarily a wet one) and she got them even though Waddell testifies saying he never witnessed this? You want to know MY source?? Go to fordarlieroutier and read Waddell's testimony in the transcripts.

Everything else ISN'T peripheral!! Her being at the sink and her blood being cleaned FROM the sink and her blood being INSIDE the cabinets under the sink and rather or not she was there getting towels for the boys or cutting herself to stage a crime scene is NOT peripheral! I believe the whole point to your bringing this up was to say that she wet towels to give to the boys and that's why her bloody prints were by the sink. I'm telling you that evidence suggests the reason she was by the sink was to cut herself in order to stage a crime scene and cleaned it all up.

Good Lord....lol....

KatherineQ said:
From CourtTV's crime library (which I don't believe is a pro-Darlie site),
I think the actual trial transcripts are better. No offense, but the crime library is just a series of articles written by reporters on their interpretation of the evidence and the facts. I would prefer a legal document, only because it is the main source of information in any trial, and those testifying are under oath/

KatherineQ said:
There it is. She's applying soaked towels to the boy, after Waddell requested she get towels for him. Seems to me that's how the blood and footprints could have been in the kitchen sink. Because she was told to do it, by David Waddell.
Waddell told her to get a "rag". It is in his testimony. He did not tell her to wet it and she did not go near the sink after he arrived on the scene. He simply told her to get something to hold against Damon's injuries and she showed him her neck wound, indicating that she couldn't help her son.

There is no evidence that she wet anything. Look at the crime scene photos. Do you see any watered down blood anywhere? I don't. Darlie would have us believe that she was a very neat hysteric woman and took the time to wring out those wet towels so they would not drip as she carried them to her children. Bull. The only thing she did at that sink was try to get rid of the blood after she rinsed the knife and cut her throat.

There was even some evidence of someone attempting to wipe up the kitchen floor. Probably an effort abandoned by her when she saw how futile it was. She would wipe it up, then bleed on it again. They found bloody footprints wiped up,then bled on again. Only Darlie would have had an interest in doing something like that.

Jeana (DP) said:
Everyone said she wet towels. No one is disputing the fact that she wet some towels. .
I disagree, Jeana. I don't think she wet any towels. She just said that to explain why they found blood in the sink drain and to explain her bloody footprints, etc. No one but Darlie and Darin ever said a word about "wet" towels. And there is no supporting physical evidence in the family room or the kitchen to back it up. So I don't think she wet anything.

Goody said:
No one but Darlie and Darin ever said a word about "wet" towels. And there is no supporting physical evidence in the family room or the kitchen to back it up. So I don't think she wet anything.

Well, she might have wet her pants, but we'll never know for sure because the intruder probably rinsed them out in the kitchen sink before he left. :crazy:

Seriously, that whole story of wetting towels in the sink is a lie, compliments of Darlie and Darin. Even a first-year forensic student would be able to detect watered down blood on clothing or carpeting. Mulder never even approached the subject with the forensic experts who testified. Supporters will say it's because he was incompetent, didn't dig hard enough, but I say...the man knew his limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMP2816