Darlie's injuries

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
j2mirish said:
J2m--I still dont understand what there is that needs to be UNDERSTOOD- all the why's, reasons, etc..etc..etc.. dont change the fact she killed her children, then denied it. Insane, depressed...financially strapped....tired....whatever anyone wants to apply--- it just doesnt matter, nor will it bring the children back if "they" figure it out.
As you know that are many different facets of this case that come up for discussion. Looking at motive is one. Nothing we discuss here will ever bring the boys back or get Darlie off of death row. That doesn't mean we can't dig around in any given area in a search for answers. At least it should not mean that.

Goody said:
As you know that are many different facets of this case that come up for discussion. Looking at motive is one. Nothing we discuss here will ever bring the boys back or get Darlie off of death row. That doesn't mean we can't dig around in any given area in a search for answers. At least it should not mean that.
AHEM.......

4_6_109v.gif

Goody said:

Goody- you are right==I'm not saying we shouldnt try to figure what happened or why-- I just dont think it should have any baring on what happens to the person who killed her own children......it just upset me when you stated you didnt think she was a threat to society at this point........that is what my posts were directly addressing--as I said before--- i dont care what happens to these people----I would rather see LWOP than the death penalty--- its not because I dont believe in the DP-- I just think that is an easy way out for people like her.

j2mirish[color=#8b0000 said:
Goody- you are right==I'm not saying we shouldnt try to figure what happened or why-- I just dont think it should have any baring on what happens to the person who killed her own children......it just upset me when you stated you didnt think she was a threat to society at this point........that is what my posts were directly addressing--as I said before--- i dont care what happens to these people----I would rather see LWOP than the death penalty--- its not because I dont believe in the DP-- I just think that is an easy way out for people like her.[/color]
Exactly right! I don't think TX has LWOP though. I'd rather see her get that than have her on DR. One of the reasons she has so many supporters is that so many people are opposed to the DP, especially for a woman.

beesy said:
AHEM.......

4_6_109v.gif
Your improper use of my color has spread. You must be punished. :razz:
Meet me in GAC if ya dare!

beesy said:
Exactly right! I don't think TX has LWOP though. I'd rather see her get that than have her on DR. One of the reasons she has so many supporters is that so many people are opposed to the DP, especially for a woman.

We do now. We didn't then.

Jeana (DP) said:
Is it possible for her sentence to be commuted to LWOP? Most likely she'd have to confess if it could? Her appeals are all based on "I didn't do it and I was screwed". Maybe by confessing she could get off DR and get LWOP?

The justice system is not going to change a sentence that has already been handed down.

I am sure the P said during neg. that if you "allocute" we will sentence you to LWOP, quid pro quo.

This for that.....

But not now, she was convicted, and sentenced the trial has been over.........done deal. There is no value in a confession, she has been convicted.

So there is not value in "after the fact" but only before trial, to avoid the uncertainty of a trial, and to save money for the public.

But "selfish, narcassict, arrogant, egotistical, weird and warped Darlie thought that she would prevail, after all some other people believe her about the "intruder".

You roll the dice..........l

j2mirish said:
Goody said:
it just upset me when you stated you didnt think she was a threat to society at this point........that is what my posts were directly addressing--as I said before--- i dont care what happens to these people----I would rather see LWOP than the death penalty--- its not because I dont believe in the DP-- I just think that is an easy way out for people like her.
What good would killing someone like Darlie do? Someone like Bundy or Dahlmer or Radar even makes sense. They would always be a threat to society inside prison or out. We have to remember that not every inmate is a who deserves to get a shiv between the ribs while milling around the yard.

At most, the Darlie's of this world might pose a threat to their own children, but even that is a hit and miss guess and probably unlikely as it is probably unlikely that she would ever reoffend.

I think prison should be utilized to punish and to protect society. I see no reason to keep most convicts locked up for their entire lives, thus forcing the state to provide high cost nursing home care. I see no need to keep drug offenders locked up for half of their lives or more. I see no reason not to parole someone like Darlie out (and I know this is an unpopular view) at some point. Unfortunately, I am not ready to trust our current parole boards with the task of deciding who and when. However, I believe there is a solution if we would use a little common sense to find it.

Life without parole is not an easy way out. It is a horrible existence. Even worse it destroys any hope of any rehabilitation because there is no incentive to improve. Instead it promotes the opposite. Darlie's life on death row is much better than it would be in the general population.

We are constantly creating new laws with stiffer penalties in an effort to control those who don't want to conform, and the result is that we are just putting more and more people in prison. Texas and a couple of other states are executing them right and left and the result is that there are just more coming to death row. We have more of our population in prison today than any other country, I think. People who commit murders not at random on strangers but for more personal motives, and are not likely to reoffend should be given long prison sentences with some eventual hope of parole. It is horrible when the victims are children, and very very difficult to comprehend when they are the killer's own children, but those are the crimes that are less likely to reoccur than any other.

And don't yell at me. (I'm sorry if I am upsetting anyone.) I have waffled on this many times myself. I'd be first in line to vote for execution of Samatha Runion's killer, but I would also be first to vote Andrea Yates into a mental institution and probably somewhere in the line to vote for parole for Susan Smith at some point. (I would also be first to vote for acquittal of Dixie S.) We can't bring back any of the victims. No one can do that. The only thing left to do now, as a responsible society, is to look at the killers to determine what should and can be done about them. Overburdening the state with people who could be rehabilitated but won't be doesn't make a lot of sense, esp if our only reason for not doing it is that we are outraged over the nature of their crime.

beesy said:
Your improper use of my color has spread. You must be punished. :razz:
Meet me in GAC if ya dare!
I have already.......oops! I have already been there. hahahahahhhah. Wondered what that was about. Now I know, LOL!

Well, I guess it just goes to show that you can't own a color around here. Try as you might some poor unsuspecting poster will reach for it every time, hahahahahahahhahahha.

Jeana (DP) said:
That makes sense. I just read in jury selection (1996) that there was no LWOP in Texas. Well, glad to see you have it now, cause for some it is needed. The only problem I see with having it is that too many cases will end up with it when a long sentence would have sufficed. Then Texas will end up with a costly housing bill that will drive up taxes and gov services.

Goody, I wish they would drop a net over all of the sex offenders and let them rot in prison. That's a group that is never going to change their stripes. They will reoffend until the end of their days... except that after they are first released from prison, they tend to kill the ones they molest so that there are no eyewitnesses left to the crime. That Duncan fellow would be a good example. I would prefer the prisons empty out the drug users and replace them with the sex offenders, with LWOP for them.

CyberLaw said:
The justice system is not going to change a sentence that has already been handed down.

I am sure the P said during neg. that if you "allocute" we will sentence you to LWOP, quid pro quo.

This for that.....

But not now, she was convicted, and sentenced the trial has been over.........done deal. There is no value in a confession, she has been convicted.

So there is not value in "after the fact" but only before trial, to avoid the uncertainty of a trial, and to save money for the public.

But "selfish, narcassict, arrogant, egotistical, weird and warped Darlie thought that she would prevail, after all some other people believe her about the "intruder".

You roll the dice..........l
Ok, I asked because the Manson killers' death sentences were commuted to LWP because shortly after their trials, CA did away with the DP. I believe it has been reinstated, but the killers still have LWP. So I was thinking that since TX did not have LWOP when Darlie was tried, many her lawyers could fanagle some way of commuting it. But oh well, death it is then...SOL Darlie

Goody said:
What good would killing someone like Darlie do? Someone like Bundy or Dahlmer or Radar even makes sense. They would always be a threat to society inside prison or out. We have to remember that not every inmate is a who deserves to get a shiv between the ribs while milling around the yard.

bottom line is, they are INMATES

At most, the Darlie's of this world might pose a threat to their own children, but even that is a hit and miss guess and probably unlikely as it is probably unlikely that she would ever reoffend.

again I ask, why do we care if she is a possible Re-offender? she has already OFFENDED..killed 2 kids..oh yea, they just happened to be her own:banghead:

I think prison should be utilized to punish and to protect society. I see no
reason to keep most convicts locked up for their entire lives,

and do you really believe these people should just be let out- given another chance to see if they can live without killing again??? its not about if they will do it again...its about they ALREADY DID IT

thus forcing the state to provide high cost nursing home care. I see no need to keep drug offenders locked up for half of their lives or more. I see no reason not to parole someone like Darlie out (and I know this is an unpopular view) at some point. Unfortunately, I am not ready to trust our current parole boards with the task of deciding who and when. However, I believe there is a solution if we would use a little common sense to find it.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????????

Life without parole is not an easy way out. It is a horrible existence. Even worse it destroys any hope of any rehabilitation because there is no incentive to improve. Instead it promotes the opposite. Darlie's life on death row is much better than it would be in the general population.

thats the point.......she does not deserve NICE treatment

We are constantly creating new laws with stiffer penalties in an effort to control those who don't want to conform, and the result is that we are just putting more and more people in prison.

I dont disagree...toooooo many convicts...so you just suggest they should be paroled based on their chance of RE-OFFENDINg??????????
Texas and a couple of other states are executing them right and left and the result is that there are just more coming to death row. We have more of our population in prison today than any other country, I think. People who commit murders not at random on strangers but for more personal motives, and are not likely to reoffend should be given long prison sentences with some eventual hope of parole. It is horrible when the victims are children, and very very difficult to comprehend when they are the killer's own children, but those are the crimes that are less likely to reoccur than any other.

And don't yell at me. (I'm sorry if I am upsetting anyone.) I have waffled on this many times myself. I'd be first in line to vote for execution of Samatha Runion's killer, but I would also be first to vote Andrea Yates into a mental institution and probably somewhere in the line to vote for parole for Susan Smith at some point. (I would also be first to vote for acquittal of Dixie S.) We can't bring back any of the victims. No one can do that. The only thing left to do now, as a responsible society, is to look at the killers to determine what should and can be done about them. Overburdening the state with people who could be rehabilitated but won't be doesn't make a lot of sense, esp if our only reason for not doing it is that we are outraged over the nature of their crime.
it seems....this will never change...sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh:banghead:

Criminals inside, good honest law abiding people who don't kill, rape, maim, murder on the outside..........the good honest law abiding people value our lives, therefore keep the convict inside..........

Let me repeat that again, just in case there is a learning curve here, people who kill, will kill again, and again, there are on the inside as in Prison. Society needs to be protected from them...........

People who need to be protected from them, are on the outside........

If you 'choose" to kill anyone, anywhere you are a danger to the entire population.

Sure, have a murderer appear before the Parole board - I have been rehabiliated, sorry won't do it again, until someone crosses his path that should not have. Then we have another person dead and a a convict back in jail.....again......opps I thought he was rehabiliated.

If you kill, you forfeit your freedom, that was your choice, you ended another person enitre life and existance..........you have your life, but you robbed the person of their entire future life.........

You are choosing to play God with another person who values his/her life, but you do not value his/her life and not even your own.

At least with the death penalty and LWOP the public is assured that the person will not enter into society and kill again.

It is bad enough that there is Parole and probation, that is even no deterent, the person has no regard for the rules of society and the law.

Keep them caged. Protect the little kid down the street, the baby, the mother, the father, the son, the daughter, the Grandmother, the shop keeper, etc.......society needs to be protected.:doh:

Do we say to the Darlie of this world, guess what you snuffed out the life of two little defenceless sleeping boys that trusted and loved you because you were their mother, you provided them with life and then you played "executioner" and took both of their lives away, but you made a mistake in stabbing them to death, show no remore, lied you face off and only thought of the pity party for Darlie.

But promise, scouts honor, not to do it again, and we wil reward you by giving you your liberty so you can go boozing at the local bar and party hardy, while the two little boys will never live another day.

What do you suggest we do to these people, throw them a ticker tape parade.......

NOOOOOOOOOO..............:mad:

CyberLaw :

If you kill, you forfeit your freedom, that was your choice, you ended another person enitre life and existance..........you have your life, but you robbed the person of their entire future life.........

Makes alot o sense to me..

It is bad enough that there is Parole and probation, that is even no deterent, the person has no regard for the rules of society and the law.

Keep them caged. Protect the little kid down the street, the baby, the mother, the father, the son, the daughter, the Grandmother, the shop keeper, etc.......society needs to be protected.:doh:

what a concept !!

Do we say to the Darlie of this world, guess what you snuffed out the life of two little defenceless sleeping boys that trusted and loved you because you were their mother, you provided them with life and then you played "executioner" and took both of their lives away, but you made a mistake in stabbing them to death, show no remore, lied you face off and only thought of the pity party for Darlie.

But promise, scouts honor, not to do it again, and we wil reward you by giving you your liberty so you can go boozing at the local bar and party hardy, while the two little boys will never live another day.

I don't think so, I really don't...........

NOOOOOOOOOO..............:mad:[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way....right down to the nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :D

I certainly HOPE that I am not the only person who feels this way.

Because I sure would like to see the face of the person who lives next door to the man who killed two kids because he did not want to leave any witnesses to the crime when he held them down, tortured them, sexually assulted them and then killed them. But first he shot their parents to death......

Go ahead invite him over for tea, intoduce him to your three kids........tell them that he made a mistake, but is rehabiliated, that he paid his debt to society, that prison is such an awful place to be.

Then go ahead let your kids outside, even if you watch them like a hawk, who is to say that you not be shot first and then he goes after your kids.

Hindsight is great, 20/20 hindsight is even better, but death is death and is permanent.......for eternity........ a mistake even a simple one can cost you the most valuable thing a person has - their existance on this planet.

CyberLaw said:
I certainly HOPE that I am not the only person who feels this way.

Because I sure would like to see the face of the person who lives next door to the man who killed two kids because he did not want to leave any witnesses to the crime when he held them down, tortured them, sexually assulted them and then killed them. But first he shot their parents to death......

Go ahead invite him over for tea, intoduce him to your three kids........tell them that he made a mistake, but is rehabiliated, that he paid his debt to society, that prison is such an awful place to be.

Then go ahead let your kids outside, even if you watch them like a hawk, who is to say that you not be shot first and then he goes after your kids.

Hindsight is great, 20/20 hindsight is even better, but death is death and is permanent.......for eternity........ a mistake even a simple one can cost you the most valuable thing a person has - their existance on this planet.
not gonna invite them to my house- a mistake like that is unaproachable.......:furious:

HeartofTexas said:
Goody, I wish they would drop a net over all of the sex offenders and let them rot in prison. That's a group that is never going to change their stripes. They will reoffend until the end of their days... except that after they are first released from prison, they tend to kill the ones they molest so that there are no eyewitnesses left to the crime. That Duncan fellow would be a good example. I would prefer the prisons empty out the drug users and replace them with the sex offenders, with LWOP for them.
I agree. Most of them (the drug abuse cases) are in there on non-violent charges. Sex offenders almost have to be given LWOP for the reasons you give. Esp when it is stranger to stranger. How does society control that? The problem we have is trying to make the laws balance all the way across the board so that anyone who breaks them gets the same basis sentence. That allows over zealous prosecutors to stretch the facts of a case to fit a crime the law was never intended to fit, and lenient judges to miss the warning signs of offenders who will reoffend, and do it violently. More needs to be done to support individualism, and at the same time, to do it fairly.

beesy said:
So I was thinking that since TX did not have LWOP when Darlie was tried, many her lawyers could fanagle some way of commuting it. But oh well, death it is then...SOL Darlie
Yep. Darlie's only hope is that the fed appellate judges see it her way and grant her a new trial. Anything less that leaves her on death row. Well, until the very end when she might win a state or federal pardon, but I would say that is amongst the lowest of low possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back