Darlie's injuries

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mary456 said:
I think reading the current posts before you express an opinion - or ignoring previous posts as though you've never read them - is being lazy.
Well, Mary, I guess you'll have to excuse my laziness. I work two full time jobs and, although I think it would be wonderful to be able read every single post on a topic, that's not possible.

Jim

Mary456 said:
I think reading the current posts before you express an opinion - or ignoring previous posts as though you've never read them - is being lazy. Before I ever post an opinion, I read ALL the previous posts to provide some continuity in the craziness that defines a message board.

That's just my way. I read them all before I feel justified in responding to any message. I'm not one to jump in before I know the facts.

I simply wish that others would give me the same consideration.
Well, at the risk of being called lazy ...I will just put you on ignore. I have read hundreds of threads...but I don't believe I can remember every single detail. I am sure though that I have NOT read them all, however I feel like I can offer an opinion.

deandaniellws said:
Well, at the risk of being called lazy ...I will just put you on ignore. I have read hundreds of threads...but I don't believe I can remember every single detail. I am sure though that I have NOT read them all, however I feel like I can offer an opinion.
LOL. Now were people saying that restraints caused these bruises on darlie? Sorry i am being lazy as well, i am a full time student and mommy and i work, so i definatly dont have time to look back on all the threads...:D

deandaniellws said:

Sorry, I guess I was misunderstood. It's just that there's so many threads on the bruises, and it seems that very few read them before they respond.

Carry on with your discussion. I won't bother you anymore.

We're all friends again? Everyone kiss and make up????

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Jeana (DP) said:
We're all friends again? Everyone kiss and make up????

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
:clap:
My boys hate it when I make them do that. They usually end up in a giggle fest of pretend horror :eek:

JimPence said:
I just kissed my laptop's screen. (Now it's all messy!) :rolleyes:
Jim

Well who told you to french kiss it! LOL :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I have 3 boys ages 10,8 and 4. When the two older boys start to argue we make them kiss and make up too. BUT we make them go to opposite corners of the room and they have to meet up in the middle of the room one step at a time. In order for them to step forward, they have to say something nice about the other one and there is no repeating a compliment.:crazy: It's pretty funny to watch them and by the time they figure out what to say to each other, they have forgotten what they were arguing about to begin with. Now, my oldest son has a "list" in his room of compliments and he has figured out how many steps (compliments) it takes to get to the middle of the room (Can you tell he gets in trouble the most?? ha ha) Needless to say, he is usually in the middle first.

With that being said, let me just say it is a pleasure being in this "group" of people who are as different as the day is long but have come together for one purpose and that purpose is share are knowledge, questions, theories, humor, concerns and, yes, sometimes our frustrations. :)

Thank you and have a nice day!!
(That's my compliment...can I move forward now?:crazy: )

detectivewannabe said:
I have 3 boys ages 10,8 and 4. When the two older boys start to argue we make them kiss and make up too. BUT we make them go to opposite corners of the room and they have to meet up in the middle of the room one step at a time. In order for them to step forward, they have to say something nice about the other one and there is no repeating a compliment.:crazy: It's pretty funny to watch them and by the time they figure out what to say to each other, they have forgotten what they were arguing about to begin with. Now, my oldest son has a "list" in his room of compliments and he has figured out how many steps (compliments) it takes to get to the middle of the room (Can you tell he gets in trouble the most?? ha ha) Needless to say, he is usually in the middle first.

With that being said, let me just say it is a pleasure being in this "group" of people who are as different as the day is long but have come together for one purpose and that purpose is share are knowledge, questions, theories, humor, concerns and, yes, sometimes our frustrations. :)

Thank you and have a nice day!!
(That's my compliment...can I move forward now?:crazy: )

What a great idea! Yes, you may move forward two squares!

detectivewannabe said:

My parents made us shake hands. It was just me and my brother, who is 3 years younger. But, we had to do it and mean it. We'd both stand there looking at each other and by the time we actually put our hands out we'd be laughing. Worked like a charm!

Welcome to WS! Nice to have you among us!

My sixteen-year-old son has always had a problem with his mouth, and often would "rag" on his younger sister.

We did (or at least tried) the compliment thing, too. He was quite creative at times with his "compliments". (You have nice ears?) Sigh. No wonder parents get gray hair (or in my case, lose it altogether).

Okay, here's my compliment. All of the WS'ers are great at making me think and challenging my viewpoints. That's why at the end of the day I love to drop in for a visit. It's like sitting around a table with friends and a good cup of coffee.

Please forgive my testiness of yesterday. I'm on a super tight deadline, examining the page proofs for my current novel while trying to get a new one going. I'm a bit frazzled at the moment. (And, yes, I should actually be working on page proofs right now, rather than posting here.)

I'd shake hands, too, but can't figure out how to do that online. :D

Jim

JimPence said:
My sixteen-year-old son has always had a problem with his mouth, and often would "rag" on his younger sister.

We did (or at least tried) the compliment thing, too. He was quite creative at times with his "compliments". (You have nice ears?) Sigh. No wonder parents get gray hair (or in my case, lose it altogether).

Okay, here's my compliment. All of the WS'ers are great at making me think and challenging my viewpoints. That's why at the end of the day I love to drop in for a visit. It's like sitting around a table with friends and a good cup of coffee.

Please forgive my testiness of yesterday. I'm on a super tight deadline, examining the page proofs for my current novel while trying to get a new one going. I'm a bit frazzled at the moment. (And, yes, I should actually be working on page proofs right now, rather than posting here.)

Jim

I LOVE it! Nice ears!!!

Jim, I think once you've frenched us, a hand shake is just going in the wrong direction! :D

Good luck with your novel! We can't wait to read it. ;) ;)

WhiteWolf said:
The bruises sure look like she smacked her arm on a flat surface (maybe a counter in the kitchen?). It's funny how her stories changed about the description of the intruder from knowing he wore a collarless t-shirt with no buttons down the front, a black cap with the bill pointed forward, and wearing blue jeans to she can't remember much of anything.

Maybe she had a plan A which included a struggle on the couch, but she realized after being questioned that she didn't set the plan up right so she went to the more vague "I don't remember"?
Funny you should mention that. The first cop to arrive said she told him she struggled with the intruder in the kitchen, that she even pointed out the area where it happened, but by the time she got to the front porch where the paramedic bandaged her neck wound, she told another policeman that the struggle was on the couch. I think she said he (the intruder) was standing over her and she tried to fight him off. Of course, that all changed 6 months later when testifed in court.

Mary456 said:
I think reading the current posts before you express an opinion - or ignoring previous posts as though you've never read them - is being lazy. Before I ever post an opinion, I read ALL the previous posts to provide some continuity in the craziness that defines a message board.

That's just my way. I read them all before I feel justified in responding to any message. I'm not one to jump in before I know the facts.

I simply wish that others would give me the same consideration.
O, come on, Mare. What else do we have to do? LOL! Give the girl a break. No one is going to go back and read a zillion posts. Jim is right. Do what I do. When you get tired of a certain topic, move on to another and let the others post the answers to inquisitive new posters. Besides, reading a zillion posts won't help that much, esp when half of them are incorrect.

JimPence said:

Jim
Mary is a wonderful person, who has been on this case the longest of anyone here, I think, except maybe Jeana. She just gets frustrated over the bruise issue. It comes up the most often and is probably the least important because no matter how you look at them, whether they are self inflicted or not, they can never prove guilt or innocence yet so many people seem to be fooled by them.

In the old days these message boards had unwritten rules the hard cores thought to be important, kind of like your grandfather's generation thought beating the kid with a belt was good discipline. I think the boards have evolved since then just like society has mellowed. Most homes have computers now and the net is just too big to control. So cut her some slack, She knows this case inside out.
(Plus she's a school teacher.:dance: )

deandaniellws said:
Don't get upset with Mary, Pam. She's a very sweet person and knows alot about this case. She spent pages with me a few months ago discussing those bruises. Reading the current threads helps everybody and yes, I know it's alot. Anyway, if you put Mary on iggie, you'll miss alot of good information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back