David Carradine Found Dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Naked in the closet of a 5 star Bangkok hotel room, hung with curtain pulls.

Now all I will remember is how he died, the obvious weird sex issue surrounding his death and the claims made by his 4th wife of drugs, alchohol, incest and sexual perversion.

Nice. There go all my fond memories of him and I will not be able to watch any of his movies without thinking - nasty batard.

:shakehead: I know. :(

At least it was a five star hotel, though... that's something... maybe?

This was what I firts thought of hearing the news. A few years ago someone who work for the company I am at was sent overseas to do some work. He was booked in a High class Hotel but they found his body in a seedy part of town in a low class motel room .Evryone was saying suicide but we found on line articles from the country saying diffrent. The guy was also found a big gash in head hanging. Never made any sense to me.

That's what my immediate thought was ,as well. Our Bangkok employees have mentioned life over there and the dark underbelly of the sex trade, etc. over there.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bangkok officials would want to be covering it up. Man, I even hate saying that.

There were other reports and even a quote of David mentioning thoughts of suicide in the past. All with a gun.

I don't believe someone who had thoughts of suicide with a gun would then change their manner of suicide to being found naked in a closet. Nope. Not buying it.

Far be it from me to buy ex-wife talk wholesale, but his 4th wife was pretty vocal about his interesting sexual tastes. See: Star, David Carradine faces allegations of Incest - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

However, this being Bangkok, I am not sure we'll know the truth - suicide was a convenient cover story. Now they might be ok with autoerotic play gone wrong; it's not as clean, but it's better than "killed by hooker for wallet."

Whatever the case, it's sad.

I looked up his bio and his wives' bios on IMDB this morning. I thought his fourth wife (the "Whatever D'Este" name she used in the link article was just a temporary affectation, but I can't remember her real name) seemed very odd. Her bio on IMDB basically credits herself for anything David Carradine achieved, and way exaggerates her show biz credentials. Also, she lists herself as a life coach. So, I wouldn't find anything she says as credible. She came across as a real nut job to me.

How does one hang in a closet??? It's not high enough is it? I've stayed at a few 5 star hotels and I can't recall really tall closets.

My first thought was, Thailand - oops, probably not a suicide. Hate to say it, but Mr. Zig's job took him there along with a lot of other co-workers and some of them got into big trouble. One of them left his wife for a Thai hooker.

For what it's worth a gossip site is saying that BBC.com originally said that he was "found naked by a hotel maid in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and genitals." but then they changed the wording to "other parts of his body.” The web site is WWTDD.com. I'm not sure if I can post the link on here.

I was shocked and sad when I heard the news this morning but if it turns out that he was doing autoerotic asphyxiation...well, it sure changes my feelings about him.

I'm an oldie. I LOVED him in Kung Fu, and always thought his real life mirrored purity of spirit, mind, and body. I remember when he was married to Barbara Hersey. I thought they were the most beautiful couple!

It's a very sad situation.

On a more positive spin, if it was some form of sex-play, that's pretty awesome for a 72 year old. Must have been a fairly healthy guy right up to the end.

When I first heard this on the radio today I actually had to pull over a minute and breathe and keep from misting up. I don't normally over react like that over a tv star I never met, but I liked his work and I liked knowing he was on the planet. I will miss him. However he went, he didn't deserve the death penalty for it, and he wasn't hurting anyone, and I doubt he meant to die that way. He always had such an alcohol problem I have expected him to go either from an OD or heart attack. It seems like all my childhood crushes are falling away, and I know that Shatner and Nimoy will go eventually, and that will be hard.

David's rep added, "We can confirm 100% that he never would have committed suicide. It was an accidental death. Everybody is in shock."
http://www.tmz.com/

From skynews: David Carradine May Have Suffocated During Auto Erptic Sex Game Thai Police Say

Found with one rope around penis and other rope made into a noose around his neck.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo..._During_Auto-Erotic_Sex_Game,_Thai_Police_Say

Hmmm...died while masturbating at age 72. Sheesh!

OK, can someone explain to me how what he might have been doing is supposed to work? I totally don't get the rope around the penis, etc.

What a bizarre way to go out.

From skynews: David Carradine May Have Suffocated During Auto Erptic Sex Game Thai Police Say

Found with one rope around penis and other rope made into a noose around his neck.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo..._During_Auto-Erotic_Sex_Game,_Thai_Police_Say

Hmmm...died while masturbating at age 72. Sheesh!

So he's abnormal to seek or want sexual pleasure because of his old age?
No un-famous people over the age of 65 die from lovemaking or masturbation?
He never hurt anyone as far as I know, I like to just remember the gift he shared. Everyone has their own secrets and sexual desires. As long as they don' hurt anyone, what is the problem?
This was his private thing, as far as we know noone else came to harm.
:blowkiss:RIP again:blowkiss:
And remember, actors, as all famous people, are just human, with weird habits and strange thoughts like the rest of us.
"They go toilet too!" as my son puts it:)

I absolutely adored David Carradine. I particularly liked his calmness and strength of spirit. He was a wonderful and talented actor, one of a kind and this news came as quite a blow. Committing suicide is a horrible way to take one's life. Right now I refuse to beleive he did that. I would rather hope it was a sex game that went horribly wrong that caused his demise, although neither is comforting. Perhaps someone set that scene up to make it appear that he committed suicide, who knows. All the facts are not yet out. I wait, and pray for his soul. This is indeed a sad day. May he rest in peace.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/05/carradine.death/index.html

(snips)
David Carradine's wife and his manager disputed suggestions that the actor's death was a suicide, while rescue workers and police in Bangkok, Thailand, said the actor's neck and genitals were found bound with rope.

Binder said a producer of the movie, "Stretch," which Carradine was to act in, called him from Thailand to tell him what was happening there.
"I do not want to get in the middle of this whole investigation, but this guy said to me for sure there was foul play," Binder said.

I read that his hands were also bound and there was evidence that there had been another person in the room (footprint on the bed/sheets). Wonder if anything was missing and if the hotel had cctv

Wait a minute. His hands were tied behind his back? Not to mention the rope around his neck and his genitals? I originally thought this was most likely a case of autoerotic asphyxiation. But I also had a tiny little thought in the back of my head that it being Bangok it was possible another person may have been there. Now it's much more than a tiny little thought....

How would it be possible for someone else NOT to be involved if reports are true his hands were tied behind his back as well? Sounds like to much to handle doing to yourself all by your lonesome.

Poor David. RIP.

I hope they can find out what happened. Thailand is not necessarily a safe place. I can imagine a robbery, sex deal or drug deal gone bad; but you would think there would be signs of a struggle, etc.

Really strange. The world is not a safe place, ANYWHERE. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back