***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any novelists or writers out there - I think you might have 101 ready-to-go crime mysteries in these threads :) Maybe we should release a 'websleuths series'. So many theories here sound so plausible. I wonder which ones end up been on the money?

What a day - thanks to everyone that shared links, updates from the hearing, and supported Allison and her family today. And on this sunshiny day too!

... and as Caseclosed mentioned in her scenario if OW is called over and gives a bit of a scream at what she sees... that is very possible... I think even if you KNEW you had to be quiet & discreet the sight of someone you know dead, obviously murdered, would be enough to make a person let out some shocked sound. It's human nature. (Well, we hope it's the BC's nature, too.}

Question: How many back "doors" to the car in question? Whether vertical or horizontal? Divided doors?

I googled the rear of the captiva and it looks like a upward lift, the hinges appear up near the roof. Alioop has a captiva or we may hear from an owner.

Off topic, but just a reminder for tomorrow.

Melbourne Magistrates' Court - Criminal
Case Number: C12725657
Date: 12/03/2013
Time: 09:30
Prosecuting Agency: VICTORIA POLICE
HOMICIDE SQUAD
Informant: S.CONS LEONARD, B
Accused: BAYLEY, ADRIAN
Hearing Type: Committal
Plea:
Court Room No.: 3

Here is my take on what may have happened to Allison.

She was killed at home around 9:00-9:30 pm. Another female (OW) came to the house later after GBC asked her to come over urgently to watch over girls (more screams when this person arrives and realised what had happened). He then disposed off ABC at the bridge around 11:30-12:30. I believe he pulled the body off the back of car onto the ground (first thud) and then rolled the body off the bridge onto the mud below (second thud). At around 4:00 am, after conferring with NBC, both went back to move her under the bridge to the location where she was found (more out of sight). Just speculating. My opinion only.

I agree with this line of thinking too now CC. The thing that put OW in my mind (or another female) is that the witness Mr Tzetkoff (sorry about spelling) specifically said he couldn't call it a scream - rather it was a shocked or alarmed shout/yell/noise. There is a difference. If it was Allison, wouldn't it have been a horrified, scared, desperate scream? His description was more a sharp loud yell or shout. I guess it depends on what was happening between GBC and Allison at the time.

With the times not matching up, I do think this is a difficult one. For example, the fellow that heard the "thuds" said it was about 10:30pm, but he said he went to bed at 10pm. So how does he really know it was 10:30pm unless he looked at his clock (which he didn't mention doing) - he could have dozed and it was actually an hour later. Same goes for all the times - there was only one witness who did say that she actually looked at her clock because she had trouble sleeping that night - it was Susan from the tennis centre who said that.

I seem to recall very early on a local saying the damage to the car was before allison went missing. I remember something about an accident near his work. Does anyone remember?

Yep, I remember that. It was even mentioned which side had the damage. I don't remember the details but someone here will. :)

Yes, i definitely don't think it was planned for that night.

If it was planned then it didn't go how he wanted it to. Too many lose ends.
I don't think he would have wanted the girls around and he would have made sure that he wouldn't be a suspect.
That's why all of this is so over the place.

I am sure it was on his mind prior to that night but ended up happening after Toni preasured him about being at the conference with Allison.

I hope she knows tht she has blood on her hands for Allisons death and if she had backed away it might have never happened.

With the timing of the screams, voices and car noises all not lining up, it makes this evidence look not so credible to me.
Individually you would give credit to the witnesses but collectively it sort of doesn't match up. That worries me.
I cant imagine OW screaming at what she saw, or GBC screaming to NBC about the body or anything like that. Just doesn't sit well with me.

I do believe the best evidence the prosecution have is the flora, the scratches, the blood in the car, and the unlikelihood of her commiting suicide in that place and in that way, but it would be nice if everything they had stated was lining up beautifully and soundly.

MOO

I think they fought all evening - on and off - with tension building, and that there was a final violent encounter, during which Alison was accidentally killed/fatally injured. So all disturbances heard through the evening could have been them.

Wow, I've finally caught up, and most of what I heard and saw today has already been posted by others so there's not much for me to say.
I must say I expected GBC to look gaunt and worried but he was actually the opposite. I had hoped he would be suffering while in prison but I think prison life is agreeing with him as he appeared to be very well.
I also saw the interaction with security, it was if he doesn't have a care in the world, maybe he thinks he's safe and won't go to trial.
I was surprised by the injuries to GBC, a lot more than I had expected, especially the one on his upper chest.
Nathan Milne described it as a jumper and he actioned removing it over his head, saying that Allison's head and hands were still within it, and the piece of glove fell out at the time of autopsy. It was about 2cm in size and relatively clean and he couldn't explain where it came from.
Thankyou to all of you who were there today.
Hopefully I'll be back on wednesday.

At this stage I think Caseclosed 's scenario is pretty close to what might have happened.

looking at the sketch of GBC he looks like he has put on a lot of weight. Did anyone who attended today think he had? That makes me think he is starting to get comfortable in Arthur Gorrie and that he must be the first on the food line up.
I imagine someone who is in jail for something they didnt do would be very thin and stressed at all times. He is looking chunky lala in that pic.
Why couldnt he just man up and sit there so everyone could see him. Is it usual for those in the dock to be concealed from view from the rest of the courtroom?

The sketch is terrible! I saw him a few times today when he popped into view to talk to OW, the guards, his lawyers. His suit hid his weight to a certain extent, but, yes, he has put on weight since the interviews after ABC went missing.

Yep, I remember that. It was even mentioned which side had the damage. I don't remember the details but someone here will. :)

Wasnt the damage on the left hand side. I thought it was also mentioned that it happened before Allison went for her walk.

Looking forward to tomorrow, and hopefully hearing at last exactly what made the police so suspicious on their first visit to GBC.
I agree that the children must have heard something so maybe it was their words that will "hang him"

... and as Caseclosed mentioned in her scenario if OW is called over and gives a bit of a scream at what she sees... that is very possible... I think even if you KNEW you had to be quiet & discreet the sight of someone you know dead, obviously murdered, would be enough to make a person let out some shocked sound. It's human nature. (Well, we hope it's the BC's nature, too.}

OMG I just thought it may have been the girls screaming as well in amongst Allison & GBC fighting. Asking not to hurt mummy? Were they told to go back to bed and it all quietened down and then flared up again.
I had neighbours who didn't care about the children when they had a heated argument.

I'm so sorry but that's incredibly sad.

Ali if you're around are you able to clarify a question I have on 'privilege'?

I was under the impression that while legal professional privilege is valid between lawyer and client where it specifically relates to the case, that despite popular perceptions, there's actually no such thing a 'medical/professional/religious privilege' ?
If a court requires medical or counselling files to be admitted to evidence, then it can subpoena them, and a medical or professional - except a lawyer - subpoenaed to give evidence is required to give evidence at the direction of the court, or may be found in contempt of the court?

Puzzled as to why the counselling files would be considered inadmissible, unless the defence is trying to say they are not relevant to the case?

From my knowledge Tishy, you are quite correct. There exists at law, only legal professional privilege - no other communications/documents have that right. Relevance or lack thereof is the only thing I can think of that could cause objection, although the hearsay rule may also provide some difficulty in relation to Allison's communications to the counsellor. The counsellor would only be permitted to give her own first hand knowledge of the communication and the counselling sessions.

The sketch is terrible! I saw him a few times today when he popped into view to talk to OW, the guards, his lawyers. His suit hid his weight to a certain extent, but, yes, he has put on weight since the interviews after ABC went missing.

Maybe all his doing "the wild thing" with TM kept his weight off. Maybe the poor darling is now on anti depressants and that is making him put on weight. Good waste of medication if he is!!

I am sure it was on his mind prior to that night but ended up happening after Toni preasured him about being at the conference with Allison.

I hope she knows tht she has blood on her hands for Allisons death and if she had backed away it might have never happened.

I agree, i think it all probably escalated after TM's phone call that afternoon. If it wasn't for that things could have been very different. Ofcourse it was still up to GBC how he handled it, and not being an honest man he didn't choose the right way.

OMG I just thought it may have been the girls screaming as well in amongst Allison & GBC fighting. Asking not to hurt mummy? Were they told to go back to bed and it all quietened down and then flared up again.
I had neighbours who didn't care about the children when they had a heated argument.

I'm so sorry but that's incredibly sad.

I had thought that too. Surely the girls woke at some stage.

My heart goes out to Allison's friends and family who had to hear or witness that GBC was smiling and laughing and looking healthy after all the heartache he caused for Allison while she was alive and was possibly the person who ended her life. All the "what ifs" and where life will lead now for them all.
Allison if you are watching over them please keep them safe xx

Further to the above, I'm starting to think maybe the two trip thing is more plausible than I first thought. Does anyone remember the phone charger times again, when the phone was out on/taken off/put back on again? Any other times we could chuck in there? I know the FaceTime call is in doubt but just out of curiosity, wasnt that just after midnight?

From court today... Mr Boyle, introduction speech:

Removed from charger: 8.45pm on 19/4/2012
Replaced on charger: 1:48am on 20/4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads