Day 2 The Pineapple in the Bowl/ 12 Days of JonBenet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it looks like maybe the tiara is just a prop used for the preview/trailer - the tiara is a symbolic stand in so people less familiar with the case know that her body was under the white blanket. It doesn't appear to be there when they are in the recreated room talking for the show.

The tiara lying by the blanket caught my eye too. Could that be the blacked out item in the SW inventory list? Here's the order of items from the inventory (http://www.acandyrose.com/12261996warrant09.gif):

Fibers from area by victim (1KKY)
Fibers from winecellar (2KKY)
Avalanche sweatshirt covering body (4KKY)
Blanket covering body (5KKY)
Wire near body (7KKY)
Fibers from under body (8KKY)
(BLACKED OUT ITEM)
White blanket in wine cellar (11KKY)
Pink Barbie nightgown from wine cellar (12KKY)
Broken glass from wine cellar (13KKY)
Hair fibers from floor of wine cellar (14KKY)

Broken paint brush (21KKY)
Wooden shards near paint tray (22KKY)
Paint Tray (25KKY)

I know that in the CBS they are attempting to recreate everything as close as possible to the actual crime scene, so that's the only reason it makes sense that they would include it.

If this is true, it could only mean one thing: It was placed there by Patsy Ramsey. No one, I mean, absolutely NO ONE else would even think to do something like that. JonBenet's participation in the beauty pageants was that important to only one person: PATSY!

Before we get too excited, the tiara could have just been put there for advertising purposes.

Before we get too excited, the tiara could have just been put there for advertising purposes.
I know. I'm reluctant to put too much into anything before we know the source. That's why I'm still holding off on speculation about grapes and cherries until we know if it's true and what the source is. But if either is true, we'll all have to reconsider how it might fit in.

@ madeleine
The first photo definitely shows the tiara lying by the blanket (assumedly) in the WC. The second shows two tiaras by a framed sketch of JonBenet, perhaps in her room or in the area with her trophies on the third floor?

two tiara shot from bedroom montage

otg clear some pm space? please

The tiara lying by the blanket caught my eye too. Could that be the blacked out item in the SW inventory list? Here's the order of items from the inventory (http://www.acandyrose.com/12261996warrant09.gif):

Fibers from area by victim (1KKY)
Fibers from winecellar (2KKY)
Avalanche sweatshirt covering body (4KKY)
Blanket covering body (5KKY)
Wire near body (7KKY)
Fibers from under body (8KKY)
(BLACKED OUT ITEM)
White blanket in wine cellar (11KKY)
Pink Barbie nightgown from wine cellar (12KKY)
Broken glass from wine cellar (13KKY)
Hair fibers from floor of wine cellar (14KKY)

Broken paint brush (21KKY)
Wooden shards near paint tray (22KKY)
Paint Tray (25KKY)

I know that in the CBS they are attempting to recreate everything as close as possible to the actual crime scene, so that's the only reason it makes sense that they would include it.

If this is true, it could only mean one thing: It was placed there by Patsy Ramsey. No one, I mean, absolutely NO ONE else would even think to do something like that. JonBenet's participation in the beauty pageants was that important to only one person: PATSY!

otg,
I hope you are right about the redaction and the Tiara. It will swing many over to RDI, there will be new headlines too: JonBenet Killed Wearing Her Tiara, Pageant Princess Slain In Her Tiara.

ITA it would have to be Patsy, and would be confirmation for all those saying there was undoing.

Yet if the wine-cellar recreation is so realistic, where is the Barbie Doll, or the Partially Opened Gifts, the wrapping paper does not look like the FAO Swartz design, or am I missing something?

ahh but I am still hoping dr. phil is one of the good guys and slipped some truth serum into B's tea before the interview

if not maybe we can bribe Barbara to do it next time she sits down for a lovely full of emotion chat with John

The problem with Dr. Phil is once he convinces himself that someone is innocent then he puts blinders on.

He had a show about the murder of Josh Hilberling by the wife Amber Hilberling who was always the aggressor in the relationship. She pushed him out and through a high-rise apartment building window glass and everything I had researched about it indicated she purposely ran across the floor and slammed into him which resulted in her pushing him out the window as the window glass broke. All done on purpose as she was in the middle of a big fight with him and he even called his Dad to come get him so he could leave. The people in the downstairs apartment said they heard loud footsteps on their ceiling running across the floor right before he crashed out the window.

Dr. Phil took her side during his show and I think he believed what she was telling him that it was a small push and not done on purpose. Hogwash. They fought all the time and she was a bully in their relationship. It was a volatile relationship and he was trying to leave to get away from her. Once he called his Dad then she got really mad that he was leaving.

I like Dr. Phil but he needs to stick with his skills as a phychologist and leave the murder investigations to the pros.

[video=youtube;GhBDsgo3hP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBDsgo3hP4[/video]

On one of Tricia's excellent radio interviews with Chief Kolar, he shared his theory that the late-night pineapple snack in the kitchen may have been where the entire chain of events began that night. I apologize that I can't remember which interview it was, but maybe Tricia can remember. Anyway, my pineapple theory is very similar to Kolar's. I think there was some sort of argument over the pineapple between BR and JonBenet that night.

Here's one possible scenario (this is all just conjecture on my part): Perhaps PR set the snack out only for BR since he was still awake and saying he was hungry. So she gives him the bowl of pineapple and the iced tea and then goes back upstairs to continue packing & getting ready for the trip. Meanwhile, BR is alone in the kitchen having his pineapple & down comes JonBenet. She wants pineapple, too. BR doesn't want to share his snack, and an argument ensues. (This is the typical kind of thing that happens between siblings -- my brother and I used to have these squabbles all the time when we were kids, too.) But then, things take a drastic turn. JonBenet grabs a few chunks of pineapple out of the bowl and eats them. BR is furious with her, and as JonBenet tries to escape his grasp, BR grabs hold of her shirt collar and twists/yanks hard on it. His knuckles dig into her neck (this would account for the triangular bruise on her neck found at autopsy.) JonBenet is struggling, probably clawing a bit at the tightening shirt collar (which would account for some of any abrasions on her neck that aren't actually petechiae), and trying to yell out for PR. Desperate not to get into trouble, BR grabs the maglite flashlight that had previously been left out on the counter by PR and bashes her over the head with it -- but the blow is so hard that she is rendered unconscious and immediately collapses to the floor.

Since this thread is strictly for talking about the pineapple I won't go into what I think happened next, but you get the general idea.

In this scenario, PR would have been oblivious to any of this because she was upstairs. She wouldn't have been aware that the pineapple set off the whole chain of events, or that the flashlight was used to crack her skull. So during the subsequent staging of the "kidnapping" (which I do believe PR took a major part in), she wouldn't know to get rid of these items.

I agree that this is a possible scenerio. Afterall JBR was very light and if the brother got really upset with her over her eating pineapple out of his bowl maybe with her fingers then I could see where he may have lost his temper.

Remember the one case where a boy body slammed and killed his 5 year old sister as he tried to simulate Championship Wrestling moves on her. Link below for that case.

Its possible he got violent with her over something like the pineapple because Christmas time brings out lots of emotions in people. Maybe earlier events of the day came to a head and maybe he lost it if she was putting her hands in his food or something. Its an interesting theory.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/justice/louisiana-boy-sentenced/

I agree with this scenario. I do believe that BR's little "beauty queen" of a sister could have eaten pineapple with him and they began to argue over regular sibling stuff. She may have run down to the room below to hide from him and that is when he used he maglite and the Boy Scout garrote device, in whichever order, to "get her". Obviously, the parents would have had to cover it up. I agree that the pineapple may have been the beginning of the entire scenario.

I believe somewhere it was stated that pineapple with condensed milk poured over it was Jonbenets favorite snack.
Some mention was made of partially opened presents in basement.
I think Burke was down there with the flashlight snooping thru the presents they were taking to Michigan for Christmas Part II with their grown kids and she threatened to tell on him and he hit her with a golf club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhinestone Crystal tiara

Tadpole12,
This makes you wonder. 20-years and no mention then a picture appears, I'll bet its Kolar who added the tiara, we have to be authentic, etc.

A Tiara, pink barbie nightgown, along with size-12's just what was Patsy on?

Also, isn't a redaction typically done to protect personal information? What would be purpose of blacking out an item description....unless they mistakenly listed an item that wasn't located with the body?

I believe somewhere it was stated that pineapple with condensed milk poured over it was Jonbenets favorite snack.
Some mention was made of partially opened presents in basement.
I think Burke was down there with the flashlight snooping thru the presents they were taking to Michigan for Christmas Part II with their grown kids and she threatened to tell on him and he hit her with a golf club.

jillyr1059,
That's it, mine too, that's why I remember it. Also condensed milk curdles quickly, so the pineapple could not have been in the bowl long.

BR had already opened the gifts in the basement on Christmas Day afternoon, see Kolar, so its more likely he was showing JonBenet stuff he found that he thought she might like, e.g. that Barbie Doll in the wine-cellar?

Couldn't they also redact an item of evidence they are withholding from public knowledge, for investigative purposes? A bit of info that only the killer would know?

Couldn't they also redact an item of evidence they are withholding from public knowledge, for investigative purposes? A bit of info that only the killer would know?
Yes. Something about a cigar box comes to mind, if memory serves. But, we should probably stick to the pineapple topic of this thread.

The pineapple, and all of Patsy's misinformation surrounding it, is very important, imo.

I'm just curious and I was wondering if someone can explain. In Tricia's first post of this thread, the quote from PMPT says :

"The police had to piece together the findings of the various pathologists, who had explained to them that when food is swallowed,"

Why did they have to piece together findings from the various pathologists? Is this common to do? Did they cherry pick what they liked from different reports?

Thanks!

jillyr1059,
That's it, mine too, that's why I remember it. Also condensed milk curdles quickly, so the pineapple could not have been in the bowl long.

BR had already opened the gifts in the basement on Christmas Day afternoon, see Kolar, so its more likely he was showing JonBenet stuff he found that he thought she might like, e.g. that Barbie Doll in the wine-cellar?

So refresh my memory...BR opened gifts that were intended for Michigan? Were they for him and JBR or others? And who said when he opened them?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182273701892

Found this on Ebay. Signed by Steve Thomas. The p.s. he wrote is very interesting. I couldn't get a screenshot. Hope this is okay to mention. Did not know where to post as it is current.

Hope this works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back