***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way do you think?

Limited number of witnesses = compared to what's to come.

A LOT more...around 400 or so witnesses/evidence??

Later I'll grab the judges comments from the first bail hearing when he mentioned the word "volumes"

I can't keep up.

Did this pic of O get published?

pic.twitter.com/FMmQUlYQG1

11.11am: Court has now adjourned.

11.10am: Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler asked Gerard Baden-Clay to stand while charges were read against him and asked whether he had anything to say.

''I am not guilty your honour,'' he said.

Chief Magistrate Butler asked Baden-Clay to move forward in the dock while the charges were read against him so he could be seen by those in the public gallery.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871

"Asked him to move forward so he could be seen...."
Good work, Chief Magistrate

Big thanks to all the WS court reporters, tweeters and info sharers over the last two weeks. A sterling job to all!

Is it possible that GBC may declare bankruptcy given he will now be in jail for another extended period of time (at least until trial), and the sorry state of affairs his finances are in? Or is all his debt just put on hold because he is in remand?

so, really, this small amount of evidence we have heard is enough for a jury to possibly find him guilty, otherwise why waste time with a trial?

OK I finishing Twitter posts now. Good news. Flowers for Allison today.

Have been really tied up with work and have just seen the CM report that it's going to trial. Good!

Still have to catch up on posts, YAY! He's going to stand trial!!!!! Of course he was, I rekon he knew it too. BUT hey, another box ticked! :great:
:razz: hopefully he got a few tingles down his spine. :)

seems a bit ironic that I was listneing to Lily Allen song "F##k You" when i heard the wonderful news.

Have been really tied up with work and have just seen the CM report that it's going to trial. Good!

Glad someone is still working and keeping our economy alive as I have been slack lol.

Donna Field ‏@Donna_Field 1m
Outside court his sister Olivia says her brother is an innocent man an one day the truth will come out #badenclay

That her brother would be committed did not come as a shock today to OW. She would have been prepared for it as would have GBC and their parents. She prepared her little statement for after he was committed.

How is it different trooper? Can you elaborate?

in brief.. he is no longer a person awaiting a decision as to IF there will be a trial.. he is now, a person who is ON trial.. awaiting a set date..

so he gets moved out of the section of remand for those who's committal is yet to be heard.. we just have heard Gerards committal. These days have been for Gerards defence to portray why the whole matter should be dismissed..

He started off as being charged with murder, and interfering with a corpse... and in custody of the state of Qld, with no bail application succeeding. .. the commital hearing was to test if these charges could be supported in evidence placed before the bench.. if they couldnt be, then he would be strolling down to Toni's mum s place for a nice cup of tea.

let me put it this way.. in remand awaiting committal, he would get morning and afternoon tea as well as breakfast lunch and dinner.. ..

in custody, awaiting trial for murder, and interfering with a corpse, he gets 1 piece of toast at 10am and a drink of water at 4pm.

a small exaggeration, but its merely to illustrate.

So he is now moved out of the particular cell he was in , in that category of remand, and into the company of the likes of himself. .. people whos committal hearings were adjudged as having a case to answer, with a good chance of a guilty as charged verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme