***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing this is what MSM look like right now :panic:

Do we report on the decision, do we describe GBC when decision handed down, who's got those photos ready to upload, what did OW say, anyone get a photo of GBC, get quotes from the friends and family of Allison, update twitter, update facebook, update website...aagh!

11.27am: Gerard Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton briefly addressed the media outside court.

''I still believe my brother is an innocent man,'' she said.

''And I will continue to support him."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871

Yes Olivia but believing is a different thing than knowing as you would know! It is a little bit like father Xmas and the tooth fairy.

Poor thing, she will always be in denial, it is in her DNA.

I know this question is irrelevant now, but would he have been a free man and released immediately if judge had ruled him not to stand trial ????

Is it possible that GBC may declare bankruptcy given he will now be in jail for another extended period of time (at least until trial), and the sorry state of affairs his finances are in? Or is all his debt just put on hold because he is in remand?

It doesnt help that he is on remand . anyone owed money can get a judgement and bankrupt him if they wish . imoo that would be a good way for a bankruptcy trustee to get hold of the insurance money if by any chance he gets off.

Amy Remeikis @AmyRemeikis

Media pack at Baden-Clay committal. pic.twitter.com/X5SsS4cPdy
1:24 AM - 20 Mar 13

@AshleyMcDermid: Friends of Allison Baden-Clay say "of course" they're pleased her husband will stand trial. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

in brief.. he is no longer a person awaiting a decision as to IF there will be a trial.. he is now, a person who is ON trial.. awaiting a set date..

so he gets moved out of the section of remand for those who's committal is yet to be heard.. we just have heard Gerards committal. These days have been for Gerards defence to portray why the whole matter should be dismissed..

He started off as being charged with murder, and interfering with a corpse... and in custody of the state of Qld, with no bail application succeeding. .. the commital hearing was to test if these charges could be supported in evidence placed before the bench.. if they couldnt be, then he would be strolling down to Toni's mum s place for a nice cup of tea.

let me put it this way.. in remand awaiting committal, he would get morning and afternoon tea as well as breakfast lunch and dinner.. ..

in custody, awaiting trial for murder, and interfering with a corpse, he gets 1 piece of toast at 10am and a drink of water at 4pm.

a small exaggeration, but its merely to illustrate.

So he is now moved out of the particular cell he was in , in that category of remand, and into the company of the likes of himself. .. people whos committal hearings were adjudged as having a case to answer, with a good chance of a guilty as charged verdict.

Thanks for that. Will not be making my top 10 list of places I'd like to visit!

A huge thank you to EVERYONE involved in keeping us in the loop the past 2 weeks.
Fantastic effort!

I'm so relieved he will be standing trial but I'm saddened to think of what Allison's daughters will have to endure over the next year or two. Why doesn't he just admit guilt and let those poor girls get on with their lives? Hasn't he done enough? He's evil. MOO

450554-baden-clay-photos-cuts-face.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871

and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that while awaiting Gerards trial, because now it is officially deemed that he DOES have a case to answer as to the death of his wife, that there could be other arrests.. other charges laid.. different charges laid on other persons of interest, or who knows?? a liquorice allsorts could eventually rock up at the Trial for the Murder of Allison Baden-Clay.

I know this question is irrelevant now, but would he have been a free man and released immediately if judge had ruled him not to stand trial ????

yes subject to some processing of paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth