***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new on 9. Just asserting his innocence. Mentioned OW and Nigel get abused in public by random strangers. Maybe their silence and avoidance of any assistance from day 1 has something to do with this? You make your bed folks, then you have to "lie" in it.

Ow nearly forgot her lines there for a minute! A bit of a flat performance actually.

Very confident, controlled and rehearsed IMO. The report did say though that "there were no tears today when discussing Allison."

I wonder if GBC came into contact with any plants that caused an irritation that night that made him scratch til he broke the skin. I've had similar 'rashes' after scratching if I've come into contact with something I'm allergic to or sensitive to. Like lots and lots of tiny little breakages in the skin.

Anyone know if the plants mentioned could have caused this type of reaction, even without GBC having any sort of sensitivity?

Just watched Olivia on Channel 9 and to my mind it suggests that the defence has some "evidence" that she considers more pertinent than what the Prosecution has presented so far. I pray that this evidence is not going to be a mud smearing of Allison's reputation in an effort to cast doubt. e.g. the ridiculous suicide theory or even worse.

I just saw it too. She said the prosecution were selective with the evidence they presented, but don't the defence get a say in what goes on? What is heard? I'm confused. A bit worried. What do they have that they believe will clear him?

My biggest fear - IF he or anyone else is guilty - is them getting off on a technicality.

Interesting that the reporter on Ch9 said that it was clear there was a close bond (or something like that) between OW and Allison. I don't know anyone in my life that I have a close bond with that would behave the way she has behaved if I went missing.

OK - I have FINALLY caught up with the threads! And what a great job everyone has been doing - a lot of very pertinent and insightful comments from all angles.

Now, I've just had a look at those photos (well, the five that I found at Marly's link anyway), and for whatever it's worth, my impressions are as follows:

1. Face - fingernail scratches/gouges. No question. Definitely NOT shaving-related.

2. Left side of neck lower down - same: fingernails, either through material (eg shirt) or last gasp with little strength left

3. Right axilla (armpit) - looks to me like material or strapping has rubbed or abraded that area, much as a very heavy backpack strap would. One possibility is that somebody was grabbing him by the shirt and gave it a good old heave-ho up under the armpit - like a violent wedgie under the arm but pulling the shirt up and over at the same time.

4. Left front chest - not so sure just WHAT to make of that one. I have seen abrasions like that from impact through material, or possibly by rubbing with something abrasive. But - and I hate to say this - I have also seen that sort of abrasion/rash appearance in people who HAVE scratched themselves silly after eg sandfly bites or other intense itch. I have even seen one person who had rubbed his skin to look almost identical to that lesion on GBC's left chest by scratching an intense itch with a hairbrush. It was on the patient's leg, and resulted in an ulcer that took months to heal up after it got infected. Not clean things, those hair brushes! So my impression on that lesion is inconclusive, I'd have to say. The other thing that can look like that is a VERY severe shaving rash.... Maybe Allison attacked him with his vicious razor? (sorry - tongue in cheek comment there)

5. The yellowing bruise on the front of his chest - that looks several days old - as in - MANY days (7-10 days perhaps?) so could have resulted from an earlier fight, a kick, or even horseplay with the kids. Or falling onto something - eg a bedpost...? But it certainly seems several days older than the more acute abrasions and scratches.

His face does have the sort of skin that would result in nicks and scratches from shaving with a razor (as opposed to electric shaver) BUT those nicks would in the main be punctate - like the tops taken off little skin bumps etc. NOTHING at all like those fingernail scratches - calling them for what I'm convinced those are.

So - don't know how much value my impressions are, given that various pathologists and forensic experts have examined these in detail already, but these thoughts are just what come to mind on my first sight of the pictures.

This is excellent and not making light of the situation at all, but I mega-lold at your description of 'violent armpit wedgie'....

I just saw it too. She said the prosecution were selective with the evidence they presented, but don't the defence get a say in what goes on? What is heard? I'm confused. A bit worried. What do they have that they believe will clear him?

I think she was probably referring to the whole case presented by the prosecution, not this hearing. This was hinted at by Davis in the hearing. That maybe there were things overlooked or not considered simply because they were trying to pin Allison's murder on GBC. Good luck with that defense approach IMO!

After all, I'm sure the defense are trying to overlook details that point to GBC's guilt. It's just the nature of the law - looking after each side's best interests.

It's going to be a loooong wait to hear the rest of the evidence. Hope they get to it before the end of the year, for everyone's sake.

Thanks for the observations Doc. According to the bail documents, a particular photo of GBC was found on his computer. GBC took this photo of himself on the day of the 18 or 19 April and is a shot of his front torso. It will be interesting to learn if the injuries on his chest were there when the photo was taken. :twocents:

OK - I have FINALLY caught up with the threads! And what a great job everyone has been doing - a lot of very pertinent and insightful comments from all angles.

Now, I've just had a look at those photos (well, the five that I found at Marly's link anyway), and for whatever it's worth, my impressions are as follows:

1. Face - fingernail scratches/gouges. No question. Definitely NOT shaving-related.

2. Left side of neck lower down - same: fingernails, either through material (eg shirt) or last gasp with little strength left

3. Right axilla (armpit) - looks to me like material or strapping has rubbed or abraded that area, much as a very heavy backpack strap would. One possibility is that somebody was grabbing him by the shirt and gave it a good old heave-ho up under the armpit - like a violent wedgie under the arm but pulling the shirt up and over at the same time.

4. Left front chest - not so sure just WHAT to make of that one. I have seen abrasions like that from impact through material, or possibly by rubbing with something abrasive. But - and I hate to say this - I have also seen that sort of abrasion/rash appearance in people who HAVE scratched themselves silly after eg sandfly bites or other intense itch. I have even seen one person who had rubbed his skin to look almost identical to that lesion on GBC's left chest by scratching an intense itch with a hairbrush. It was on the patient's leg, and resulted in an ulcer that took months to heal up after it got infected. Not clean things, those hair brushes! So my impression on that lesion is inconclusive, I'd have to say. The other thing that can look like that is a VERY severe shaving rash.... Maybe Allison attacked him with his vicious razor? (sorry - tongue in cheek comment there)

5. The yellowing bruise on the front of his chest - that looks several days old - as in - MANY days (7-10 days perhaps?) so could have resulted from an earlier fight, a kick, or even horseplay with the kids. Or falling onto something - eg a bedpost...? But it certainly seems several days older than the more acute abrasions and scratches.

His face does have the sort of skin that would result in nicks and scratches from shaving with a razor (as opposed to electric shaver) BUT those nicks would in the main be punctate - like the tops taken off little skin bumps etc. NOTHING at all like those fingernail scratches - calling them for what I'm convinced those are.

So - don't know how much value my impressions are, given that various pathologists and forensic experts have examined these in detail already, but these thoughts are just what come to mind on my first sight of the pictures.

I wonder if GBC came into contact with any plants that caused an irritation that night that made him scratch til he broke the skin. I've had similar 'rashes' after scratching if I've come into contact with something I'm allergic to or sensitive to. Like lots and lots of tiny little breakages in the skin.

Anyone know if the plants mentioned could have caused this type of reaction, even without GBC having any sort of sensitivity?

Hi Strangeworld
In a post above I mentioned the possibility of lantana, but don't know if it was one of the plants mentioned.

Interesting that the reporter on Ch9 said that it was clear there was a close bond (or something like that) between OW and Allison. I don't know anyone in my life that I have a close bond with that would behave the way she has behaved if I went missing.

Nup- don't believe it for a minute! A close bond????..... I think we will find that that TM was closer to OW in the scheme of things than poor Allison - I definitely think her depression and inability to support GBC were detrimental to the way she was accepted into the BC family.

Re: the colour pic of the cheek...I wish I could wipe that trademark perma-smirk off his face, it makes me :furious:

Re: the red, spotty rash especially on the chest area, this is exactly how my skin looks after scratching sometimes, usually due to heat rash and most often on my thighs. I need to scratch only once to have my skin look like this. However, my rash does not last longer than a day or two at the most. They fade quite quickly.

IMO Olivia's declaration of this "evidence" that is yet to come to light at least partly explains her ridiculous behaviour in court. She maybe believes she knows more than most and whatever it is that is getting her so worked up is somehow justifying the behaviour. I can't decide if this is a show of bravado or if there is some substance to it.

I was trying to think today of how a caterpillar could come to be at the cross country, and fall directly on GBC, when there wasn't evidence of those types of caterpillars inhabiting the area. And then I realised....

There were lots of pigs flying around the sky on the 19 April 2012 - maybe the caterpillar fell off the back of one of the pigs?

Thanks for the observations Doc. According to the bail documents, a particular photo of GBC was found on his computer. GBC took this photo of himself on the day of the 18 or 19 April and is a shot of his front torso. It will be interesting to learn if the injuries on his chest were there when the photo was taken. :twocents:

OMG!! :thud:

Hi Strangeworld
In a post above I mentioned the possibility of lantana, but don't know if it was one of the plants mentioned.

Just saw your post indogwetrust. Lantana would do it, I would think? You could be onto something there.

Oh seriously wouldn't you put your best foot forward and avoid the cost of a trial? OW reckons there is more evidence that will free GBC? That is optimistic but is it realistic?

What?! Are the participants still working out if they are being paid enough to sit on the stand. PULEEZE! And the scratches are from an alien that landed that and implanted special truth telling devices into GBC's cheeks.

I am so ready to believe anything crazy I swear!

Why? Because he knew he'd be suspected of his wife's future murder and took photos to document it just in case? Ok ok, I'll go sit on the naughty chair.

Just saw your post indogwetrust. Lantana would do it, I would think? You could be onto something there.

wouldn't you have to be without a shirt exposed to Lantana to experience this type of injury.

We have loads of lantanna on our property - we don't react - however I would say that others may react and get a red patch on their skin ....but still we only wear long sleeved clothing when we are gardening and the lantana does not penetrate that clothing. We don't go to cross country wearing no shirt and the leaves of the lantana don't fall down and land on our bare chests. Not trying to be sarcastic but seriously the lantana irritation/rash is on his CHEST!!!!????

The day I went to Kholo Creek I was wearing a collared shirt and something got slightly in it and for days I was scratching my right top chest. I thought it might have been a tick as I scratched something substantial out of it. And it wasn't even overgrown then as all the scrub had been cleared.

The day I went to Kholo Creek I was wearing a collared shirt and something got slightly in it and for days I was scratching my right top chest. I thought it might have been a tick as I scratched something substantial out of it. And it wasn't even overgrown then as all the scrub had been cleared.

It didn't look like GBC's rash though. It was more of a pimple type focus, with lots of my scratch marks around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul