DC - Ashley Turton, 37, lobbyist, found dead in burning car, 10 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi guys, I see you down there anyone have any thoughts on this??? Avalonblue, Salem, nephers?

I just sent my friend an email. Everyone seems to be at a loss.

Ok after listening to the neighbor I can't help but wonder how the husband didn't hear the noise. I would assume if it's a homicide he will be the first focus.

Also that whole scene is very strange with the car, unless it was a bomb and killed her instantly. It's not damaged at all on the driver's door.

I was kind of wondering if maybe she was dead when the fire started, just because of the homicide investigators being called in (per Fox news). I don't know.

If she was that makes me even more suspicious of the husband.

If she was that makes me even more suspicious of the husband.

The one thing that makes me think it wasn't the husband is the age of the kids (I have seen it said 3 year old twins and a 1 year old OR 4 year old twins and a 2 year old, regardless, they're little). What man in his right mind would want to be a single parent to 3 little kids? I am not being facetious, I'm being serious. That's a lot of work - especially for a person in his position working a lot of hours I assume. Unless, of course, it was not planned and an act of passion.

This whole story stinks. And you're right I didn't think of the neighbor's comments... If he heard the noise, then the husband should have. I guess it depends. It looks like the garage was in the back of the house, and the house was all brick. So if their bedroom was in the front of the house, I guess it's possible he wouldn't have heard it. Looks like a pretty good size house.

Then if the neighbor lived across from them, and his room was facing the garage across the street, he definitely would have heard something. But what did he hear? The noise of a crash? The fire? An explosion? Do other people say they also heard something?

The one thing that makes me think it wasn't the husband is the age of the kids (I have seen it said 3 year old twins and a 1 year old OR 4 year old twins and a 2 year old, regardless, they're little). What man in his right mind would want to be a single parent to 3 little kids? I am not being facetious, I'm being serious. That's a lot of work - especially for a person in his position working a lot of hours I assume. Unless, of course, it was not planned and an act of passion.

But look at other stories... like the guy in Cary, NC who killed his wife (Nancy Cooper). They had two little girls, and the other guy in Raleigh (Michelle Young) they had one daughter (she was pregnant with their son.)

I guess maybe the husbands don't consider the kids when they kill their wives.

I really am not saying I think he did it! But I think it looks like foul play. I really hope it was just an accident. I really do.

Also interesting, the article on the WA Post website is categorized under the Crime section.

But look at other stories... like the guy in Cary, NC who killed his wife (Nancy Cooper). They had two little girls, and the other guy in Raleigh (Michelle Young) they had one daughter (she was pregnant with their son.)

I guess maybe the husbands don't consider the kids when they kill their wives.

I really am not saying I think he did it! But I think it looks like foul play. I really hope it was just an accident. I really do.

Yeah you're right. Good examples. Hopefully this isn't the husband though. Ideally, it would be a very sad accident.

Yep. But I hope whatever it is that it is figured out fast.

Yep. But I hope whatever it is that it is figured out fast.

I saw this story on the news tonight and thought it sounded very strange too. I'm really baffled how anyone could have an accident backing out of their own garage that would cause their car to explode. Isn't that what is being implied at this point? And why wouldn't she have tried to get out? She could have climbed out of the back if the front was on fire, it seems like. The whole thing is baffling and I do hope they get to the bottom of it. Those poor little children!

If this woman was dead prior to the fire, that would show up upon autopsy.

I can't find it because I've been reading everything about Ashley's case that I can find but if I remember correctly one of the neighbors said the car was not damaged that badly but that they were told by LE not to discuss the condition of her body.

I'll try to find the source tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.

Here is an update. Looks like the death was an accident, or due to one of the reasons below, but not murder.
May she R.I.P.
Goz

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/

Fair Use
Snip
Authorities said her death appears to have resulted from a low-speed crash, an unknown medical condition, the fire, or some combination of the three.

"We have no evidence of any obvious malfeasance in her death at this time," said Capt. Michael Farish, of the D.C. police homicide unit. The department's major crash unit is handling most of the investigation for the police department.

Here is an update. Looks like the death was an accident, or due to one of the reasons below, but not murder.
May she R.I.P.
Goz

Fair Use
Snip
Authorities said her death appears to have resulted from a low-speed crash, an unknown medical condition, the fire, or some combination of the three.

"We have no evidence of any obvious malfeasance in her death at this time," said Capt. Michael Farish, of the D.C. police homicide unit. The department's major crash unit is handling most of the investigation for the police department.

BBM
So basically .........they're claiming they have no stinking idea!:waitasec:

Another government employee killed (see the other thread about the guy found in the landfill). I wonder if someone's trying to clean house in Washington? They don't always play nice.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this headline....

It would be interesting to know if this lady and the man that was found in the landfill ever worked together and the circumstances around that. I would have NO idea where to start.

May she R.I.P.
Goz

Fair Use
Snip

Thus far, that doesn't sound like a credible explanation at all. I'm still baffled as to how a low-speed crash could cause the car to burst into flames (something that rarely happens even with high-speed crashes) or incapacitate her to the point where she wouldn't get out of the car. I realize that some bizarre confluence of events may have created a tragedy for which no one is to blame, but it seems early to be ruling anything out. Even if she had a sudden heart attack or something and crashed her car pulling out, the fire still seems unlikely. Factors like drugs or alcohol also seem less likely given the early hour, her high-powered job and the young age of her children. If this is just a tragic accident, I can't imagine how unreal it must feel to her poor family! I hope they can get real answers in the end.

What a tragedy. Prayers for her family.

Has anyone seen the video of the BMW in Atlanta? The roads were icy and the driver was spinning his wheels and it caught fire.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xmp9wcrrw[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78
Back