GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bfl, it's been fairly cold in the DC area most of this winter, but I was thinking the bulky appearance of the poi doesn't fit with that persons lean-looking face, Along with the conspicuous absence of footage of any escape, I'd be willing to bet this person did the deed, took off a bloody outer layer of clothes, tossed them or stuffed them into a backpack, let down their hair and walked out later with an altogether different appearance. jm.02.

The gait was really awkward. Seemed very male-ish, but also seemed as if they were walking to accommodate something under the snowsuit.

The gait was really awkward. Seemed very male-ish, but also seemed as if they were walking to accommodate something under the snowsuit.

Or shoes that were way too big/worn over their regular shoes. I just walked a little, imagining how I'd walk if my shoes did not fit me, and I could see that being why a woman would have that gait.

I think it is "receipt."

Quoting myself because I've changed my mind. I think radiator is on to something with "Roc Outs." It would probably not be receipt because every other word was written in all caps, and that's definitely not two capital Es in that word. It definitely DOES look like "ROCOUTS," though, and perhaps, going along with snowleopard's theory of the perp shedding all clothing for whatever was worn underneath, maybe the perp was wearing rockouts (definitely possible based on the photos of the black shoes we have seen if they were left behind). Here are some roc out shoes: https://www.google.com/search?q=roc...&ei=_TPmVO7_FsydNqT8ghg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1

It does seem a little odd to use a brand name in the search warrant, but maybe the detective himself owns a pair of roc outs and would be familiar with them.

I wonder if he had a Tracfone for his personal business...in which case, the killer may have taken it. I can't imagine he would use his regular phone to make arrangements like this, if it is what it appears. Jmo

I wonder if he had a Tracfone for his personal business...in which case, the killer may have taken it. I can't imagine he would use his regular phone to make arrangements like this, if it is what it appears. Jmo

I think he would if he never intended to get caught. Or murdered.

If he checked in under his own name, then, I can see him using his own phone.

I can't figure out that word. It's making me crazy. Probably unimportant. :gaah:

He probably could/would if he used anony apps like Snapchat or Kik.

IMO Checking into a hotel under his real name with his credit card (if he did) means he was not afraid of being "caught".

Very OT: My (single) friend is on Tinder and had a mutual friend's husband come up as a match. You just never know.

BBM I've been staring at that word too. I did find that there are some sports shoes called "Roc Outs" (http://www.amazon.com/Rocawear-Mens-Shoes-Black-rm1208-980/dp/B00K0XNLK8). Could that be it?

Here again is the link to the warrant for others who want to strain their eyes :) http://www.scribd.com/doc/256207246/Search-Warrant-Affidavit-Donovan-Hotel-Homicide
The person who wrote on that warrant should be fired for poor handwriting. They need to make it a priority for those parts of the warrant to be typed in. No wonder schools rarely teach cursive handwriting anymore. Because people can barely print in a legible manner these days. Geesh

Or shoes that were way too big/worn over their regular shoes. I just walked a little, imagining how I'd walk if my shoes did not fit me, and I could see that being why a woman would have that gait.
I was just about to text this same thing. The shoes are way too big, which is affecting her gait. The oversized clothes as well, disguising her shape. I was looking to see where a weapon might be carried, and because the clothing is so big, it would be easy to do so on any part of her body. IMO

I would agree, except that we then see the person jogging up the stairs with ease. If he/she were wearing shoes that were far too large, I'd imagine it would be difficult to jog up easily without mis-judging the length of the shoe and knocking the toe against the steps frequently.

Gil Grissom and Catherine Willows along with Sarah and Nick Stokes would have had this case solved by now. Iam sure there is a evidence trail a mile long. Lets close this case already.

Gil Grissom and Catherine Willows along with Sarah and Nick Stokes would have had this case solved by now. Iam sure there is a evidence trail a mile long. Lets close this case already.

My hubby would say that Jessica would have it solved by now.

I went about and strewed my DH's wallet contents (no damage was done to DH, of course), and I strewed his documents and ID info and gym bag contents, as it were. It seems like somebody may have been looking for something, since David's life didn't matter to the person doing the strewing, what could they have possibly been looking for? Passwords, keycards, account #'s, what? Or was that done to add drama to the scenario? One thing it may explain is one person doing the nasty deed of murder and another doing the search.

FWIW.... I thought the word was "records" (but I'm not totally convinced)

And, wearing shoes that are too big for my feet wouldn't cause me to fling my foot outwards (like we see when the POI is walking towards the elevator - notice his/her left foot). I'd fling the thing right off my foot.

It was said that DM checked-in under his own name, and I'm wondering if LE tracked his credit card use (and thus, placed him at the Donovan Hotel)?

It looks like RECEIPTS to me. I doubt it would be something as specific as "Roc Outs," since no name brands are listed for any other items.

HP is listed for the computer. Why not just write "laptop?"

Anything is possible, but this seems doubtful. A man in a hotel room when his house is three miles away isn't there to meditate. The items found are consistent with a "specialty" sexual tryst. MOO.

If this is a true sex worker vs. murderer (only), this individual might be found online advertising in that area. I started to see if I could find anything using various descriptions, but quickly decided this would be best left to LE. Hopefully they are looking at that possibility.

I did see a comment (several days old) on another website, someone found a Washington DC Craigslist "casual encounter" ad that mentioned "Donovan Hotel". I didn't actually see the ad (it had been removed from CL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member