GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE can't track where he bought the items found, as the hotel is between work and home, as it stands to reason he didn't go too far out of his way to purchase them, then there would be a better chance that they were placed there to make it look like something it may not have been, like a gay tryst when it wasn't. There would be a limited number of places he could have purchased these items around there, it seems.

This poor family, to lose him and then the pain of the seeming circumstances. This seems cold, calculated and cruel.

Without getting too graphic it wouldn't HAVE to be a man for anal sex...

Whatever the circumstances horrible for his family to hear.

How far away from his work did this man live? Maybe he was staying at the hotel to be closer to work because of weather conditions?

I really think this was just a tryst gone bad. Maybe the perpetrator was not even a real prostitute and the intent the whole time was to rob and murder him.

Is it at all possible that lawyers used to working crazy hours on a big case might book a room at a hotel near their firm for taking a few hours' break for some sleep and spa (and who knows what else) before returning back to the case they're working?

Oh boy. Lots of information released.

So they have the cell phone. That's good. Also, finger prints are underlined.
Can anyone make out what is written after the enema?

Heartbreaking. I hope LE solves this quickly.

Is it at all possible that lawyers used to working crazy hours on a big case might book a room at a hotel near their firm for taking a few hours' break for some sleep and spa (and who knows what else) before returning back to the case they're working?

When I was an attorney at that firm, no. I had many nights when I went home at 2 am, 3 am, and came back by 8 am the next day. I am not familiar with any other attorneys doing anything other than that. (The firm (really, the client) would pay for meals after 8 or 9 pm as well as cabs after a certain hour but never hotel rooms, and I worked for some of our firms biggest clients). This was years ago, though. The policy could have changed, but I doubt it.

Rest in Peace, David. You certainly didn't deserve to be murdered. I am heartbroken for his family.

I hope an arrest comes soon.

They need to put things like "finger prints" and "all cutting instruments" even if there are none. If they find the knife and don't have it listed on the warrant then it might be thrown out of court later.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c074a2-b14f-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html

Interesting piece about DC arrests.

Another:

at police have arrested more than 50 unwitting customers on prostitution-related charges in the past several weeks at hotels at or near Thomas Circle, including the upscale Donovan Hotel. -

See more at: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2015/02/18/glaa-blasts-prostitution-crackdown/#sthash.gq7uLHNs.dpuf

Washington DC has always been a hub for prostitution, drinking, partying. Drugs are not new to the lobbying world. Below is a link to the Smithsonian's story of one famous house of prostitution located on The Mall during Civil War Days.

http://www.si.edu/ahhp/madam

Mary Ann Hall built her brothel in a convenient location on the Mall near the U.S. Capitol Building. Washington was then known for its large population of transient men who came from all over the country, usually unaccompanied by women, to transact business in the national capital.

I enjoy visiting DC and some of the older hotels are beautiful, but always get the yips when staying there. I try not to notice some things.

I have watched the video of the suspect many times, the face is a women's, the gait and mannerism are a mans and they appear to be flat chested. They appear to be on a mission, so intent appears clear. Why DM was in the Donovan is not known to the public but someone has to know. There has to be some kind of paper trail if DM bought items found in his room. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the condoms, lubricant and enama are for. Prayers to the family, I reside in His hometown community, praying they catch this murderer soon and get them off the street.

No, he was there for sex
my opinion only

How far away from his work did this man live? Maybe he was staying at the hotel to be closer to work because of weather conditions?

I really think this was just a tryst gone bad. Maybe the perpetrator was not even a real prostitute and the intent the whole time was to rob and murder him.

BBM With the additional news reports, this is how it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila