GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have been there Sunday night also, maybe having marital problems. Interesting that the police knew to call there. Earlier I read that she did not know he was staying there.

Could he have been there Sunday night also, maybe having marital problems. Interesting that the police knew to call there. Earlier I read that she did not know he was staying there.
Yes, I think he was staying there, from the article from Momoffourboys & radiator had...

Police reports have said that Messerschmitt’s wife last saw her husband Sunday, Feb. 8, but that they exchanged texts the following day.

also: A police report from last week listed items found in the room; neither the report nor the affidavit say that a cell phone was found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...schmitt-Found-Murdered-in-Hotel-2-10-15/page7

If wallet on floor by his head and credit cards and items from wallet strewn around room, it sounds like a robbery gone wrong. Plus she took his phone.

The credit cards and other ID strewn about the room sounds so "take this" to me.
And being stabbed in the back and face down. Yikes.

Poor family. Poor guy.

Yes, I think he was staying there, from the article from Momoffourboys & radiator had...

Police reports have said that Messerschmitt’s wife last saw her husband Sunday, Feb. 8, but that they exchanged texts the following day.

also: A police report from last week listed items found in the room; neither the report nor the affidavit say that a cell phone was found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...schmitt-Found-Murdered-in-Hotel-2-10-15/page7

If wallet on floor by his head and credit cards and items from wallet strewn around room, it sounds like a robbery gone wrong. Plus she took his phone.
Why would the perp take his cell phone... unless there was something incriminating on it. Can't LE obtain the cell phone records from the phone company, though?

These type of secrets, are never secret. One/some of his colleagues, and probably his admin knew.

Thanks for the Link,, momof4 :)

BTW, everyone keeps talking about a "time line" from Monday and Tuesday only, when the wife said she last saw her (relatively new) husband on a Sunday at 9:30AM.

(from an early link: ) REF:
David J. Messerschmitt's wife last saw him Sunday morning around 9:30 a.m. at their Capitol Hill condo.

Even though the police called the hotel to see if he was a guest there, none of the reports state how the hotel answered.

As a rule, LE must go into the hotel and show identification before a guest is acknowledged as being at that hotel. Guest names are not given out or even admitted to the fact they are registered. In fact, LE does not give the hotel the name of the person they are seeking, they ask to see the guest register.

I too find it odd that LE called the Donovan to check on him. Perhaps that has become a SOP due to his age, career and who knows what other keys led LE to call there.

Also, when paying by cash, customarily one will be asked for a credit card or deposit in case there is damage to the room or smoking in a non-smoking room then a cleaning fine will be charged.

Sounds like he was getting a massage, a typical precursor to a sex act. This would align with being found face down, and stabbed in the back. Being stabbed in the back suggests a relationship that went bad; revenge. Sounds like a lover scorned. Someone with an explosive temper, obviously.
I don't think LE has to look too far to find the Perp. If he was having trysts at such a prominent hotel (and not a cheap one); people know who this woman is.
My guess originally was a sex worker, but now with the information about the stabbing being in his back, I now suspect someone known to his colleagues and wife.
An arrest should be forthcoming soon, I predict.

These type of secrets, are never secret. One/some of his colleagues, and probably his admin knew.
I would have to agree. The secretary at a company I once worked for (not a law firm) wasn't ashamed to announce to coworkers that she was covering for the CEO's misdeeds, including an affair with his assistant. She seemed proud of her loyalty to her employer. I worked with another woman, too, (also an administrative assistant) who would announce to her supervisor, within earshot of the whole office, that she was "lying through her teeth" to save the company.

IMO, these types of employees not only like to talk so much that they can't keep a secret, they also want to portray themselves as invaluable to the company. Maybe their message to other employees is: don't cross me because you will be the one to get dismissed since I know too many secrets.

I can imagine an employee like that at DM's law firm who just couldn't keep a secret because she had to let everyone know how indispensable she is. I hope LE has interviewed everyone in the company.

His latest post on Facebook was April 30, 2014. Lawyers that I know do not do Facebook.

Sounds like he was getting a massage, a typical precursor to a sex act. This would align with being found face down, and stabbed in the back. Being stabbed in the back suggests a relationship that went bad; revenge. Sounds like a lover scorned. Someone with an explosive temper, obviously.
I don't think LE has to look too far to find the Perp. If he was having trysts at such a prominent hotel (and not a cheap one); people know who this woman is.
My guess originally was a sex worker, but now with the information about the stabbing being in his back, I now suspect someone known to his colleagues and wife.
An arrest should be forthcoming soon, I predict.
Per the article you linked, he was found on the floor. I don't think he was getting a massage unless the masseuse was walking on his back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...83647c-b7bf-11e4-9423-f3d0a1ec335c_story.html

The credit cards and other ID strewn about the room sounds so "take this" to me.
And being stabbed in the back and face down. Yikes.

Poor family. Poor guy.
BBM
​Or, was the perp looking for something specific?

I would have to agree. The secretary at a company I once worked for (not a law firm) wasn't ashamed to announce to coworkers that she was covering for the CEO's misdeeds, including an affair with his assistant. She seemed proud of her loyalty to her employer. I worked with another woman, too, (also an administrative assistant) who would announce to her supervisor, within earshot of the whole office, that she was "lying through her teeth" to save the company.

IMO, these types of employees not only like to talk so much that they can't keep a secret, they also want to portray themselves as invaluable to the company. Maybe their message to other employees is: don't cross me because you will be the one to get dismissed since I know too many secrets.

I can imagine an employee like that at DM's law firm who just couldn't keep a secret because she had to let everyone know how indispensable she is. I hope LE has interviewed everyone in the company.

You are spot on.
And, on Capitol Hill, young men (and women for that matter), can get caught up in the "big deal" lifestyle and prestige of being an up and comer. Typical, and unfortunate behavior, but oh so common. Typically, however, people get that type of behavior out of their system before they get married.
Of course, I am speculating here, and could be wrong re: this victim. However, all the ingredients appear to be present for this to be a rational speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove