GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see male islander, early twenties. Samoan, tongan, or Indonesian.

Me too.... or possibly a female Islander.
Ordinarily, I am not so wishy-washy.

The suspect could be my Filipino tennis partner's sons. Or their girlfriends.

I'm no help here; I just chime on every few days to say I hope LE knows much more than we do.

She really just looks like a drug dealer that is headed to drop off some drugs. Maybe he wanted some for a later tryst but realized the drugs were not as advertised. So he says I am not buying and the perp looses it because he wasted her time on a freezing cold day.

I have a similar sense that this murder was about money, that he owed someone a lot of money. I think the sex play was secondary in the murder theme. I do think, as well, that the Perp came prepared to murder. I don't think it was spontaneous, it was premeditated.

I have a similar sense that this murder was about money, that he owed someone a lot of money. I think the sex play was secondary in the murder theme. I do think, as well, that the Perp came prepared to murder. I don't think it was spontaneous, it was premeditated.

Yes. He may have thought he could stiff people because he was a lawyer and the person is from the ghetto side of town.

The main question is; how many times has he checked in to that hotel or surrounding ones. This cant be his first hotel check in without it being with his wife or business related.

I see male islander, early twenties. Samoan, tongan, or Indonesian.

I don't want to get in trouble for saying this, but what I see is "nasty!"

Black, white, Puerto Rican... I don't care if they're a guy. I don't care if they're a gal. I don't care if they have both parts or none of the above.

They more-than-likely killed that cute, rich white boy and there's no excuse for that! Grrrr...

If they have the video of his/her going up the stairs, where is the video of is/her coming down??? How long after ???

Honestly I have looked and looked and still have no idea if the person is male or female. Arguments can be made either way.

Snipped by me for subject:

To FindHG, do you know for sure when his family showed up or another reason they showed up other than their son not coming home as the text his wife received? Please share with us. What I am using is information that was published in the media. It might prove to be wrong, but I did not to jump to conclusions. Is WS for discussing cases? Why are you telling me to wait for information to be confirmed?

If my daughter in law called me with such a report, and as the hours ticked by, my son still did not return to his home (wife's), you can bet I would be on the first plane out. A mother's gut instinct knows when to be alarmed. The wife would not have called his parents if DM was known to repeatedly not show up when he said. IMO

Oh, sorry. I had no intention of offending you at all. I tend to wait for confirmation on some details, before kind of jumping in, and not others. Please, you're free to source it and use it as you think things through. Again, apologies for seeming challenging, it was my preference I stated badly and came off like a command to you, not strong at subtlety. I'll try to be more careful.

The article linked in this post documents when and why the family arrived:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11546823

Note the source of the info is a Judge who DM worked for and remained quite close.

"Dlott said that after Messerschmitt was reported missing, his parents flew to Washington, joining his brother, who lives in New York. “They were beside themselves,” the judge said." Peter Herman/WashPost/Feb 12

Thank you for the link and all your, HastingsChi and WSers, observations, just catching up.

If they have the video of his/her going up the stairs, where is the video of is/her coming down??? How long after ???

IIRC, it was reported, in an MSM broadcast early on, that LE has video of the POI leaving the hotel dressed as they arrived, but no time was given.

Honestly I have looked and looked and still have no idea if the person is male or female. Arguments can be made either way.

The results of an unscientific poll on POI's gender being done on another site where this case has garnered a plethora of interest & the POI is referred to as the "Sous Chef" are currently:

Female -- 58.82%
Male -- 23.52%
Trans -- 13.72%
None of the above -- 3.9%

Personally, something about these images scream female to me:
9ecace79ef20f0066d0f6a706700f89c_c48-0-509-269_s561x327.jpg

However specific things that have been pointed out about POI's mannerisms in the video keep me open to the idea that the POI might be either gender.

The results of an unscientific poll on POI's gender being done on another site where this case has garnered a plethora of interest & the POI is referred to as the "Sous Chef" are currently:

Female -- 58.82%
Male -- 23.52%
Trans -- 13.72%
None of the above -- 3.9%

Personally, something about these images scream female to me:
View attachment 70659

However specific things that have been pointed out about POI's mannerisms in the video keep me open to the idea that the POI might be either gender.

Her temples are the clincher for me on the female aspect, any angle you catch them from. The temples always look very female, the rest of the face is arguably amorphous, but more female, to my eye, as it lacks a strong jaw or chin, and has an un-steep slope to the forehead, which you can make out some even with the hair line hidden under that tight inner layer of head covering. One gesture alone stands as especially masculine naturally somehow, that look around the corner, but I haven't seen many women doing that, or what they look like doing it. The rest of the movements seem inconsistent and contrived. Not flowing naturally movements, jerky, indecisive, to my eye.

It wasn't done out of love, for sure, or for it, but who knows, I agree with rosesfromangels, greed or something akin, seems to have left a strong whiff somehow on David's murder, from what little is known publicly.

In my opinion, I believe the complete lack of news on this case is due to LE having identified the killer and is now working with prosecutors to build the case for an arrest.

In my opinion, I believe the complete lack of news on this case is due to LE having identified the killer and is now working with prosecutors to build the case for an arrest.

I think you are right but they may have reason to believe more people were involved.

[video=youtube;nf0oXY4nDxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE[/video]

I would bet LE have a strong suspicion of who is behind this murder but do not have enough proof to make an arrest at this time. So I guess they just sit back and wait and watch.

Who had motive to want the man dead? Yep, that's who.

The POI in the videos, whether male or female (and I'm not sure) certainly does appear to be ASIAN.

Something I noticed: One of the early articles said the victim was found "unconscious and unresponsive". Not dead. How long did police wait to get the hotel people to enter the room?

I found a site with some very interesting comments. Several of them claim to have exchanged emails and photos with DM and he has given them to police. And another one had met up with DM before. I am unsure of the legitimacy of the site so I won't source it. It also stated he presented himself as Bi.
You know what no one, who has posted such alleged gossip and claims in the comment sections on those sites, has done? Provided any evidence to support their claim.

<modsnip>

You know what no one, who has posted such alleged gossip and claims in the comment sections on those sites, has done? Provided any evidence to support their claim.
<modsnip>

Yes, well that is why WS doesn't allow links to some sites

I don't know if the POI is male or female. Opinions seem to be all over the place. Frankly, I don't know.
Some think the crime scene was set up , I am not sure about that either, but I am leaning towards not set up.

Not random, IMO.
Not real sure there will ever be an arrest

All JMO

There is no information coming out about the days before DM's murder. Nothing at all.

Are there any DC locals on the thread?
If so, are people talking about this?
I hope LE have made progress.

<modsnip>

Right, so if the person who killed David cared to leave him in humiliating circumstances, you'd think they'd have a chance to bolster it with pictures, but they haven't. They may probably have to invent them, to bolster their case, or ruffle through stuff to their way to such pictures, if they exist.

Or the person/people/interest, whomever, may be holding onto them for hedge against an eventual possible prosecution or as a plan B, to hold over all those who would not want such pictures revealed, or for money, who knows, but that's just Gumby theories, too much stretch.

The LE video shows a POI who knows a great deal about how David was found. I hope LE knows who it is by now and why.

Are there any DC locals on the thread?
If so, are people talking about this?
I hope LE have made progress.
I'm a former Washingtonian who continues to maintain many close personal and professional relationships with folks who are still local. The chatter has substantially decreased since the case was making headlines.

Because there has been no information released or leaked by law enforcement in weeks to media or community groups, it is generally believed that this case is not something that is an immediate or ongoing public safety threat rather it believed that the crime specifically targeting the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue