GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
As with so many cases, I was afraid this was the case.
No information is released and people lose interest. Sad.
She meant Washingtonians lose interest once they determine it's not random violence that could put themselves at risk. As soon as they realized this lawyer was a target of a person vendetta or a situation he put himself in by being at the hotel, everyone breaths a sigh of relief and goes back to living their lives.

I'll admit I'm the same. If I hear a murder happened in my area that sounds like random violence, I get worried until it's determined the suspect and victim knew each other because I'm confident people I know aren't going to kill me. LOL

She meant Washingtonians lose interest once they determine it's not random violence that could put themselves at risk. As soon as they realized this lawyer was a target of a person vendetta or a situation he put himself in by being at the hotel, everyone breaths a sigh of relief and goes back to living their lives.

I'll admit I'm the same. If I hear a murder happened in my area that sounds like random violence, I get worried until it's determined the suspect and victim knew each other because I'm confident people I know aren't going to kill me. LOL

Then you're just cautious, not, nosey. I'm both.

"Washington" as mentoined, it seems me, may clamp up, for obvious cultural reasons, but I doubt behind the scenes, the people who care about David Messerschmitt nor LE are letting go of this for a minute. This is a sophisticated crowd who are used to biding their time and not prone to goading probes as the wall of silence among his friends and family indicate, with a very well respected judge speaking up for him, it seems to me. I doubt the drive to find justice for David is fizzling out.

There are so many murders that are sadly quiet throught the country....just sayin. I check the news all the time on several cases I'm interested in and see nothing.

This case has been strangely quiet. Why am I getting the sense of things being swept under the carpet to avoid any further embarrassment...
I don't believe that is the case at all. DM wasn't a high-ranking politician, or someone who would have "friends in high places" to cover something up. Yes, he worked for a large law firm, however, he really wasn't a Washingtonian. He has family, and I am sure his family want justice for him. The silence in the media may be due to LE investigating the murder, not wanting to release any information at this point, and since this murder in no way appears random, they have no reason to alert the public of a possible serial killer. At least I hope I am correct.

MOO

Was stabbed multiple times. When the POI is walking it looks like a male, but in the stairwell pictures it looks female. Whomever it is was hiding their face all around that hotel, they also had gloves on.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lawyers-wa...death-puzzles-investigators/story?id=28942702

View attachment 69390

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28084483/police-identify-man-found-dead-in-nw-dc-hotel

I get the impression that this person is somewhat naive as he didn't pull up his face mask until he noticed the first camera that caught him going up the stairs. Another thing, all of the nice boutique hotels I've been in have bellboys and doormen and valet parking attendants standing around outside, or just inside, monitoring the doors, and observing. I'm just a little surprised that no one noticed this character in his garb of very obvious over sized clothing, if they would have it should have raised some kind of mental red flag, IMO. Not to mention I would think there would be better security in the D.C. area. Just all seems kind of strange the more I think about it. Which leads me to think it could be the type hotel that places a priority on purposely turning a blind eye to whoever comes and goes, versus hotel security. So I'm thinking that the term "boutique" hotel possibly means something else in D.C. than what I'm accustomed to .

Have we discussed the possibility that s/he may be back in the country of origin by now? Washington DC has direct flights going almost anywhere. IF this was planned, the perp may be long gone by now, which may be why no one has recognized him or her.

Have we discussed the possibility that s/he may be back in the country of origin by now? Washington DC has direct flights going almost anywhere. IF this was planned, the perp may be long gone by now, which may be why no one has recognized him or her.

That thought crossed my mind wondering about the POI's hands and gloves - the better to be able to drive a rental car to an airport without leaving prints. As panthera makes a much better similar point, it may be too big a plot to consider for possible motives to kill David. I hope LE has whittled down who the POI could be.

rsbm

We all (including me) seem to be focused on the "tawdry tryst" gone bad, but it truly is possible that this could have been a set-up by someone w/in the law firm (seems there are reports of some scandalous activities in late 2014) OR someone else.

Now you have me thinking, John Grisham's "The Firm" ? Interesting.

According to this article, he had toiletries, etc. with him that are the types of things people take with them if they are staying overnight. Well, I suppose not necessarily everything except, vitamins ? Vitamins are definitely an overnight thing, IMO. So why would he be texting his wife he was coming home if he went there to stay overnight. Or did he stay there the night before ? I haven't read anything other than she saw him last on Sunday. Seems vague.

l
A police inventory of the room’s contents includes a bag, gloves, an umbrella, flip-flops, earmuffs, shorts, a jacket, deodorant, keys, vitamins and shampoo. A police official said that list is not complete.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f27c35_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_p

I travel for business constantly, and see "guests" discretely slipping in and out of hallways and elevators all the time. I suspect they have a little side deal with one of the hotel staff. Business men want "services", and the hotels seem to turn a blind eye....or as I suspect, enable.

I know what you mean, except this dude doesn't look like a business man to me. But maybe this particular hotel is known for ignoring everything, idk.

So I'm thinking that the term "boutique" hotel possibly means something else in D.C. than what I'm accustomed to .

RSBM

I agree, and I'm not sure what "boutique" means either, but the Donovan Hotel is owned by "Kimpton" and it appears all of their hotels are considered "boutique". SOME of their hotels are kid-friendly offering goldfish "pets" to guests during their stay.

https://www.kimptonhotels.com/promos/kid-friendly-hotels

I suppose we can look to wiki for a definition of "boutique"??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boutique_hotel

Now you have me thinking, John Grisham's "The Firm" ? Interesting.

According to this article, he had toiletries, etc. with him that are the types of things people take with them if they are staying overnight. Well, I suppose not necessarily everything except, vitamins ? Vitamins are definitely an overnight thing, IMO. So why would he be texting his wife he was coming home if he went there to stay overnight. Or did he stay there the night before ? I haven't read anything other than she saw him last on Sunday. Seems vague.

l http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f27c35_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_p
These are questions I would like to have answered also, as the answers may end some speculation. There has not been any information as to where he spent Sunday night, only that he had last seen his wife around 9:30am that day. Was he at the hotel? Had he ever stayed at that hotel before? Was he in the habit of immediately going home from work? Most interesting, in my opinion, is what precipitated the text he allegedly sent that he would be home in an hour? That in itself, assuming he sent it, is more like a response to someone asking "Where are you? When will you be home?" than an initial message. Yet no information has been provided by his wife, or anyone else regarding this. Also, with online banking, and assuming he paid for the room with a credit card, it would be almost instantaneous for someone to know when a card was last used so it is possible she knew where he was. I could envision the possibility of someone from the law firm being involved, however, it would also take his cooperation to be in that hotel room for some nefarious plan to be carried out. I also believe it is possible some of the items found in the room could have been planted to give the appearance he was having a liaison with another man. Literally stabbing someone in the back is personal. Who had he metaphorically stabbed in the back?

:waitasec:

MOO

RSBM

I agree, and I'm not sure what "boutique" means either, but the Donovan Hotel is owned by "Kimpton" and it appears all of their hotels are considered "boutique". SOME of their hotels are kid-friendly offering goldfish "pets" to guests during their stay.

https://www.kimptonhotels.com/promos/kid-friendly-hotels

I suppose we can look to wiki for a definition of "boutique"??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boutique_hotel

I have stayed at several boutique hotels in different cities. They are on the smaller side, more of an intimate and less corporate feel. I consider them to be more modern and nouveau. While I enjoyed many of them, I will not stay at one with my kids. Tried it once. Not a good combination. Lol.

I am really stunned that no one has identified this person.

cluciano63, let's hope the person has been identified and police know by now, even if we, the public do not. That's what I'm hoping, at least, Pollyanna that I am today.

I am really stunned that no one has identified this person.
Whoever knows who this individual is most likely sent them there so they won't be identifying them. As some have speculated, perhaps this individual is from another country and not known to anyone but the person who hired them?

MOO

Whoever knows who this individual is most likely sent them there so they won't be identifying them. As some have speculated, perhaps this individual is from another country and not known to anyone but the person who hired them?

MOO

Very good post - once I got past that it wasn't just a date gone wrong, I have been thinking this was a paid job. I think David thought it was a date, however.

As I see it, there may be at least two people who know the perp. Remember the other person in the lobby dressed in similar clothes? And then a driver who brought them and picked them up. They didn't travel by taxi as that would be too traceable and bus doesn't seem likely either. Just my thoughts.

I'm new to this case, live in the area (Baltimore) and my BF is a retired DC Metro cop. I'll see if he can find out anything.

If DM checked in at 5:00pm, it would seem the sex, if this was what he was there for, would've been done by the time he texted his wife to say he would be home in an hour. Maybe the POI on the stairs is a pimp or partner of someone already in the room, and there was an argument about price, leading to the stabbing. I don't believe a stabbing is necessarily quieter than a gun, and think there would be screaming involved. Also, it's possible that the enema itself is the act he was looking for...fetishes come in many varieties. Really odd that the parents and brother would fly in so soon.

In my opinion, I believe the complete lack of news on this case is due to LE having identified the killer and is now working with prosecutors to build the case for an arrest.

Spot-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members