GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously shady, look at their history as a couple-- there were a plethora of opportunities to end their relationship if they weren't into it. These people made huge life decisions and decided to forego professional opportunities so they could be together in the same city.

I guess since you apparently have maintained zero close friendships with people with the same academic concentration as you in college then apparently anyone who does is suspect.

unbelievable.

I'm not following what you're saying here......

Oh oh, before I forget. DM took his new bride to Mykonos and Santorini, 2 beautiful Islands in the Aegean seas and it just occurred to me that Mykonos has always had a BIG gay scene.

You see where I'm going with this??? :thinking:

I didn't hear that yet (or just wasn't paying attention). But my Austrian import DVD of "Island of Death" is called "Die Teufelischen von Mykonos" and, yeah, there are several gay people in that movie. But it's full of "kinky" stuff and the gay people are just part of it.

I think I said this earlier, but one of the main draws of Grind'r (etc) are their anonymity.

Yes, but wouldn't LE have been able to determine if he had used the phone app, or subpoenaed the records from Grind'r (or other geo meet up app)?

Writing as an out gay man a few years older than David, I'm not convinced that this is a gay hookup gone wrong.

David grew up in the greater Cincinnati area, he attended Ohio State (which has a strong, accepting LGBT campus community and Columbus has one of my favorite gayborhoods in the US), then he attended law school at Boston University which is one of the most progressive universities in an even more socially progressive cities.

He met his wife while they were students at Ohio State. She did her post graduate studies at Case Western in Cleveland while he was at BU. They both completed their programs in 2010. In the summer of 2008 David was an associate at a firm in Chicago (close to Cleveland) and spent the fall of 2009 as a law clerk at the Cleveland Clinic while she completed her studies in Cleveland. Then in January 2010 they both accepted positions in DC. Two and a half years later they got married.

David had so many ways out of that relationship if that's what he wanted but their history indicates that they wanted to be together.

If David is gay then I am repulsed that he would lie to her for so many years and I would say he's a gutless weasel because from the time he began college he was in cities that are welcoming, diverse and pretty inclusive.

I have several older friends who came out later in life (after marriage and children) and I keenly understand that they lived in a different time and don't make judgements about what they did; however because of what they endured, those around the age of myself and David Messerschmitt who lived and worked in cities with strong LGBT communities didn't need to endure.

Based on their history as a couple and the progressive cities he called home I highly doubt he is gay.

I am also an out gay man but I disagree that the progressive nature of the cities and schools he went to or even their history as a couple carry as much weight as you do. I did not come out until age 32 (I am now in my mid 40s) and I lived in lots of liberal cities and went to schools with very progressive politics. But family pressure plays a very big role for some people, whether religious or ethnic or both. I dated women and even followed one to a city with less preferential work opportunities because I really wanted to make it (it being not being gay) work. So it does happen. That said, I never cheated on anyone I was dating in the sense of having any hookups while dating them. I should also note that the law firm world is surprisingly conservative, even at so called liberal firms. I know plenty of gay males at the top of their law school classes who could not get hired at any big firms.

We all have free will but some people nonetheless feel that there is a script written by others that they have to follow. I do not know if this is the case for the victim but it might have been. Happily for me I exercised free will and am now married to a man but it was not easy to get there for me.

DM's wife attended same school and, I assume was in the same profession as DT. To find out who DT is, go to DM Facebook page and see first comments under the first picture.

Yes, but wouldn't LE have been able to determine if he had used the phone app, or subpoenaed the records from Grind'r (or other geo meet up app)?

Maybe they're working on that.

DL's wife attended same school and, I assume was in the same profession as DT. To find out who DT is, go to DM Facebook page and see first comments under the first picture.

I'm assuming you mean DM's wife, not DL's wife.

I'm getting who you're talking about, but even looking at new friends lists of family members, etc., I'm not really seeing alarm bells here......

I am also an out gay man but I disagree that the progressive nature of the cities and schools he went to or even their history as a couple carry as much weight as you do. I did not come out until age 32 (I am now in my mid 40s) and I lived in lots of liberal cities and went to schools with very progressive politics. But family pressure plays a very big role for some people, whether religious or ethnic or both. I dated women and even followed one to a city with less preferential work opportunities because I really wanted to make it (it being not being gay) work. So it does happen. That said, I never cheated on anyone I was dating in the sense of having any hookups while dating them. I should also note that the law firm world is surprisingly conservative, even at so called liberal firms. I know plenty of gay males at the top of their law school classes who could not get hired at any big firms.

We all have free will but some people nonetheless feel that there is a script written by others that they have to follow. I do not know if this is the case for the victim but it might have been. Happily for me I exercised free will and am now married to a man but it was not easy to get there for me.

Thanks for the insightful post. I agree. Although many have come to accept homosexuality, there are families and employers that do not. I don't know if this is the case here.

Congrats on finding your happiness.

So I took a look through CL m4m. I searched asian because IMO the POI looks to be of asian decent. Most do not post pics of their face, however I happened to find one that caught his face in his pic and zoomed in (cropped out the xrated part) and did a side by side.

ETA removed pic since it is against TOS. I can provide a direct link to the CL ad if requested.

Thanks for your work. After looking at the picture comparison above, I immediately think the lips are different. The top lip of the POI looks much thinner. IMO

Although the age difference is circa 10 years, we grew up in different generations and the time that I began college and the time you did were dramatically different. And look how dramatically different things are for this generation 10 years later.

misterb, Congratulations!!!

Your post had this effect on me. You know when one, all of sudden, because of better lighting, or just the right angle, one sees more details in something intricate and beautiful, so thank you for making these points. I hope time favors justice in David's case and less hypocrisy, if that's what it takes, all round.

So I took a look through CL m4m. I searched asian because IMO the POI looks to be of asian decent. Most do not post pics of their face, however I happened to find one that caught his face in his pic and zoomed in (cropped out the xrated part) and did a side by side.

ETA removed pic since it is against TOS. I can provide a direct link to the CL ad if requested.

Would you conisder emailing it in to LE, can't hurt? There's a lot of distortion that comes with faces in pictures. I'm terrible at being right at seeing resemblances between pictures and sketches before somebody else points them out. Great of you to keep an eye out like that.

Queerty has become such a trashy site, it is an embarrassment compared to the excellent, informative site that was started by David Hauslib years ago (he sold the site years ago and it's current incarnation is awful in every way). I wouldn't trust the experienced, skilled trolls who comment on Queerty only to troll and spread drivel

With all due respect, many of your posts keep trying to solidify that David was a happily married, straight man. While I understand you are passionate about that, we mustn't look through blinders or run the risk of "tunnel vision".

It's unfair to discount someone as a troll just because it goes against a particular theory.

This threads frustrating because people have these theories and this need to defend or "prove" them. Just be a bit open minded is my plea.

I have been trying to find an email to send it. I found the tipline number or text 50411 but the text would not go through. Maybe have to be in DC area?

"If you have any information, call police at 202-727-9099. Police are offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information in the case."
from here

bbm

I haven't found a crime stopper link, but they may be able to help you with an email. It's a little trip picking up that phone, hope you do.

Thank you.

No offense, but I know for a fact that gay guys are hornier than normal guys. I know of more "hook-up" aps for gay people than straight people. Maybe they got more lately. I still think this was some kind of "hook-up" and I still don't know whether that person on the steps is a boy or girl. Just that they look shady.

because gay guys aren't 'normal'? no offense but what you know from personal experience is not fact - it is just your opinion

Sorry. But high school and college gang rape is at a all time high and I never seen them consist of gay encounters. These boys are so horny that they do not mind sharing and treating females like a piece of meat. I think gays are just opening up more since the lifestyle is being integrated into alot of prime time tv shows lately.

sorry but rape has nothing to do with the rapists being 'so horny' sexual assault is about power

because gay guys aren't 'normal'? no offense but what you know from personal experience is not fact - it is just your opinion

You're so right, but he still may be passed out, at the moment.

I scrolled back quite a ways and haven't seen anyone mention the potential suspect's footwear. To me, the shoes look like men's dress shoes. Those pants don't look like ski-wear to me - they look like men's dress pants. Also, the person walks like a man. I realize my observations don't eliminate the possibility of it being a woman ... however, if they are men's dress shoes and pants, the person wears them regularly because s/he runs up the stairs quite easily in the shoes (indicating they're the right size) and the pants might be too big but they're not too long (indicating they're either been tailored or were bought the proper length). This person could've gotten these clothes from a thrift store but I think s/he wore something from his/her own closet, including the jacket. So if it is a woman, she dresses in men's clothes in her everyday life IMO (as opposed to it being some kind of disguise). I'm going with man though.

I scrolled back quite a ways and haven't seen anyone mention the potential suspect's footwear. To me, the shoes look like men's dress shoes. Those pants don't look like ski-wear to me - they look like men's dress pants. Also, the person walks like a man. I realize my observations don't eliminate the possibility of it being a woman ... however, if they are men's dress shoes and pants, the person wears them regularly because s/he runs up the stairs quite easily in the shoes (indicating they're the right size) and the pants might be too big but they're not too long (indicating they're either been tailored or were bought the proper length). This person could've gotten these clothes from a thrift store but I think s/he wore something from his/her own closet, including the jacket. So if it is a woman, she dresses in men's clothes in her everyday life IMO (as opposed to it being some kind of disguise). I'm going with man though.

IIRC, the shoes seem super heavy and big from the way the POI moves. Going up the steps, the shoes do not have a hint of bend, much less step by step anywhere in the video, so seem fairly new to me, besides huge. The POI looks down first thing entering the stairwell door and musters momentum and goes up, straight footed, it seems. Then as the POI turns left, while gazing at the mirror, the shoe drags again and there's a little trip and glance at the feet again. You can see the shoes barely fit on the steps and by the second flight, the mask is up but the momentum is lost with the outstretched hand. Those pants, I think would be a stretch to consider as vintage Zuit Suit type pants from a thrift shop. They look like ski pants stuffed with layers, wide cuffed, for ski boots, which usually have an inner lining that has an elastic band that fits over the boots. But you may be right, the top waist portion of the pants, the way the pocket kind of looks like it's sticking out as he goes up the steps with his back in view, that's when it looks most like ski pants. Wish we knew for sure, hopefully some eyewitnesses who saw the POI have described the outfit more precisely by now, to LE. Hard to believe this POI moved in a vacuum in this area of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89