GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FigTree - great posts. You and I are aligned in that I believe this was some sort of well planned/orchestrated "SWAT" team on a "mission". The POI was definitely (IMO) communicating with the lookout/driver. This was no random act, a well coordinated "hit". This has been my stated hypothesis from the get go, and I agree with you 100%. I really don't think this was about sex, but about repaying a debt, or punishment for a misdoing.

I dont see it as random at all.
It looks to me (JMO) as if the POI is on a mission - and under instruction.
Dressed to blend into the environment to not cause suspicion.
Dressed to cause gender misinterpretation.
Is wearing another layer underneath the outer clothing - which could be protective / to bulk up the appearance / to disguise the carrying of something.
I believe it is possible that the person has a communication devise in their pocket - Walkie Talkie or other - they may even be blue toothed to the devise.
I don't this person (POI) is a professional - and was hired or contracted by another.
They are unfit and show tiredness walking up the stairs
I think there are too many mistakes made by the POI; uncovered face, suspicious movements, unsure of what to do in the lobby, badly disguised.
I think the enima kit was part of the MO - an excuse to gain access to the room (like a parcel delivery by courier), or a decoy if the POI was stopped and questioned in the Hotel - not many are going to question a person delivering a kit as such. I also think it was used to throw a spanner in the works.

On the vid at 1:11-1:12 as the POI goes up the first flight of stairs you can see the shape of the underlayer especially from the shoulder to the elbows of both arms - 2 cylindrical like shapes which cut off the bulk at the elbow.
It looks like it is very deliberately being worn.
And by the movement of the POI - it looks uncomfortable and somewhat restrictive.

Screenshots (IMHO) which show the outline of the undergarment in certain movements.

View attachment 71960
I wonder if David has any female acquaintances who play hockey? Wearing hockey pads would be a great way to bulk up a normally slim figure and would cause the same type of "lumps" right above the elbow.

Also there were a couple shots in the video where I wondered if she could be pregnant, just the way the coat creases around the stomach area, but that could also be due to hockey pads.

Okay I just watched the video again with hockey pads in mind, and now I notice a creasing in the pants right about the knee area, like there is something giving resistance underneath the pants. Does anyone else see it?

Okay I just watched the video again with hockey pads in mind, and now I notice a creasing in the pants right about the knee area, like there is something giving resistance underneath the pants. Does anyone else see it?

I'm not sure I see that, but earlier I was thinking these look like ski/snowboard pants or something.

It may have been a 'hit' but it was in no way a professional one. A professional would have gotten in and out without drawing attention to themselves and would have used a gun with a silencer. A pro would have dressed appropriately to the surroundings and would have calmly and smoothly proceeded to the room, not bumbled around the lobby looking suspicious and standing out like a sore thumb. My opinion only of course.

All I see is an overweight person. He/she didn't stuff his/her cheeks. This wouldn't be the first overweight person to look uncomfortable in clothing and have difficulty moving.

There's nothing under the hood. That's the design style of this ski jacket's hood. Ski jacket material does have strange lumps and such when people move. The particular style of jacket and material tends to not bend like you'd expect other materials.

My son's a professional skier. Skiers look stuffed even when they're not. It doesn't make them look significantly bigger, not the extend you all are imagining.

guy-skiing-in-hemsedal-dsbw-1400x1400.jpg

I'm still torn between it being a ski jacket shell or a windbreaker. I'm trying to find the exact one the POI is wearing.

What do you guys think...are we going to have an arrest soon?:thinking:

OMG! FigTree, Dushi, SouthAussie, great stuff. I agree with it all.

When she comes back out of the elevator, in the reflection you see her hand by her face, as she comes back into to view. A two way radio would make sense, because there doesn't seem to be enough time to dial a number while she's in the elevator. Here are some screencaps from early on that may show some of what you mention.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed-in-Hotel-2-10-15-2&p=11636909#post11636909

If you look at the shots of the hands, in the post linked above, it may be that at one point right after coming out of the elevator, she has something in her hand, but those shots were the best I could do, as it is very grainy and so am I, when come to tech.

Attachments

• POI re-entering hallway other person facing in POI's direction.jpg
    POI re-entering hallway other person facing in POI's direction.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 53
  • other person walks into view from inside right.jpg
    other person walks into view from inside right.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 48
  • POI and other person facing each other.jpg
    POI and other person facing each other.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 47
  • POI re-entering on cell maybe.jpg
    POI re-entering on cell maybe.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 46
  • last shoot of other person.jpg
    last shoot of other person.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 44
It doesn't look like she was trying to use the elevator. It looks like she was pretending to use the elevator until the guy in the lobby background went away.

It doesn't look like she was trying to use the elevator. It looks like she was pretending to use the elevator until the guy in the lobby background went away.

She pushed the button to the elevator but it was broken at that time and she had to use the stairs.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unusual that the female perp (we now know she *is* a she), used a knife as the murder weapon? I can see a woman grabbing a butcher knife in the kitchen, but premeditated, seems like an odd choice for a woman?
It would not be uncommon for someone who wants to literally "stab the victim in the back" for revenge. After following the trial of Jodi Arias who stabbed Travis Alexander 29 times, shot him and nearly decapitated him, nothing seems "odd". Also, the only other way this perpetrator could have gotten away with killing DM in a hotel room would be a gun with a silencer which likely she did not have access to.

MOO

I keep oscillating about the video. It has to be a transgender "female" they are looking for. She has the most unfeminine walk. Also, JMO it looks like she just puts hand up to mouth or head in hallway of elevator vs. something to her ear.

I keep oscillating about the video. It has to be a transgender "female" they are looking for. She has the most unfeminine walk. Also, JMO it looks like she just puts hand up to mouth or head in hallway of elevator vs. something to her ear.

Yes, I saw that too. Appears to be receiving a transmission. Definitely a team effort, IMO.
Bouncers/bodyguards use these types of communicators....

FigTree:

My late husband was retired LE w/23 years service, and I was a deputy for 10 years. We both had jackets with zippers on the sides to accommodate our weapon. Looks as if that might be the end of a zipper. It's not an LE jacket because of the colors. :dunno:

She is dressed like a valet as someone else stated or maybe a delivery person from a pharmacy? The items found in the hotel room could have come from any pharmacy. Wonder if there are any pharmacies in close proximity that deliver? It would be good to know if any of the items were opened or used. The three items named could fit in a small bag maybe zipped up inside the jacket.

I wonder if DM valet parked that night? Could it be 2 valet workers working in tandem to rob well-to-do looking guests driving nice vehicles? Maybe they always just took cash, no credit cards or ATM cards, and would not want to be seen carrying a laptop case with a stolen laptop in it.
ETA: I believe the warrant to search had keys listed on items found in the room. DM surely would have opened the door for the valet to give the keys to him, and maybe turned his back to get a tip for her.

As hard as we try to come up with plausible scenarios, some of them are too farfetched. Mine are.

Even with all I've stated, I know who I think is behind it all from the very beginning and my thoughts on that have not changed.

I'm just going to check the thread a couple of times a day to see if LE has made any progress!

:seeya:

I think the POI also has something sticking out of their right hand side pants pockets they come up the stairs (between 1.48 & 1.49 on the vid) - looks like a aerial from a phone or maybe walky talky? ... then again :thinking: not sure what it could be ... what do you think?
Hi FigTree - I've noticed something in her right hand pocket too - you can see whatever it is as she starts to come up the second set of stairs. I've taken so many screen shots since I first watched the video trying to figure out what it could be. :sigh: Here are some screen shots showing something protruding from R/H pocket.

DC Metropolitan Police Department: Person of Interest in Homicide, 1100 b/o 14th St, NW, on February 9, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFggi_25c84

Attachments

• Right hand pocket_1.jpg
    Right hand pocket_1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Right hand pocket_2.jpg
    Right hand pocket_2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Pocket_a.jpg
    Pocket_a.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 82
LaLaw2000 - what a great background you and your hubby! We are lucky to have you on here. So, I am assuming you are referring to the FB friend....wouldn't the wife have recognized her by the Perp pics? Or perhaps you think someone is the mastermind behind the scenes? Love to hear your perspective. I'm hung up on money being owed as the motive, sex the red herring

LaLaw2000 - what a great background you and your hubby! We are lucky to have you on here. So, I am assuming you are referring to the FB friend....wouldn't the wife have recognized her by the Perp pics? Or perhaps you think someone is the mastermind behind the scenes? Love to hear your perspective. I'm hung up on money being owed as the motive, sex the red herring

Thanks, rosesfromangels. I just can't say who I think is behind it all because I'll get in trouble, lol! I've been at WS since 2008 and managed to stay out of trouble and don't want to turn rogue now.

I can say that I do think it has to do with revenge as well as money but not owed by DM. DM went to college and law school for far too long to screw his career up over anything illegal, IMO.

I also think sex is the red herring and would be willing to bet the three items in question were never opened or used.

I had initially thought the knife used was strapped to the leg making the leg appear stiff and weird, but then the person ran upstairs like a champ! I still go back to there being inferior cameras making the person look shorter and wider than the person actually is.

For those who mentioned the chubby cheeks, the cheeks could also look that way because of the cameras. (I can lose 10 pounds in a month when I try so the cheeks may be a little sunken now) The hands do look slim when extended, maybe shaped differently due to camera angle. Someone stated there was no mole on the left side, (sorry, don't remember who) but you would not necessarily see it because of the angle. The person sure did take care to cover that portion of her face, didn't she? Lower lip protrudes somewhat.

LE questioned a woman in relation to this murder. I'm of the opinion that LE knows who it is and does not have enough evidence for an arrest at this time. When we least expect it............BOOM...........there will be an arrest, IMO.

I surely don't know any more than anyone here; I just know what I think. I'm just too suspicious for my own good and far too opinionated!

I love reading everyone's posts and what they think!

lalaw2000,

I agree that LE knows who this is. I expect an arrest as quickly as the DA has their ducks in a row.

Hi FigTree - I've noticed something in her right hand pocket too - you can see whatever it is as she starts to come up the second set of stairs. I've taken so many screen shots since I first watched the video trying to figure out what it could be. :sigh: Here are some screen shots showing something protruding from R/H pocket.

DC Metropolitan Police Department: Person of Interest in Homicide, 1100 b/o 14th St, NW, on February 9, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFggi_25c84

Stun gun ..... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...&sa=X&ei=VmoaVZ_4KIbFmwX9gYFg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Portable police scanner ..... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...oBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=police+scanner

Walkie Talkie ..... https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...a=X&ei=1mwaVYXCKIWF8gWvtYCwBw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

:dunno:

Anyone, sometimes the most unlikely person you know, could have a secret life/relationship. There are stereotypes about the kind of person who engages in a secret life, but many times it can be the least suspected person who has a whole other persona that only one other person knows about. We have been focussing on the victim for the most part as perhaps having something secret in his life that could solve this, but it may be someone else in his life that holds a secret? DM may have merely been in the way of continuing that secret, and was taken out as a way to remove the threat to that secret. We have not talked about that much here, and I know TOS prevents us from sleuthing this possibility thoroughly, but it is a real possibility. Still does not answer what he was doing in that hotel room I realize, but there may have been a way to set up him being there, as a virtual sitting duck for someone who wanted to get rid of him. I am leaning more and more towards this sort of scenario. In my mind it explains some of the unusual posturing online we have seen from an acquaintance (comments posted on FB then removed, crowdsource fundraising since removed). It also explains to me the anger I saw in the press announcement from DM's wife. She did not seem angry with her husband for putting himself in a risky situation, so I do not think she thinks he knowlingly did. Instead she seemed very angry that he has been taken from her. Just my 2 cents that is all opinion. What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257