GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see hotel staff dressed as the POI was, such as Valet employees

Yeah, like a uniform of some kind so as to not attract attention in the Hotel - like maintenance or other workers would wear.
Otherwise, would not have concierge have asked the person what they were doing in the hotel (with the person being dressed like that)?
I'm not sure if Hotels would check that sort of thing ... Do they still?

In a mobile society, when are walkie Talkies used instead of a cell phone?
What professions would carry them
What advantages would they have over a phone in this sort of situation... or perhaps its use has nothing to do with this situation, but is something that is used for work

That is the only device I can think of that had an aerial and that certainly looks like an aerial

What advantages would they have over a phone in this sort of situation... or perhaps its use has nothing to do with this situation, but is something that is used for work

That is the only device I can think of that had an aerial and that certainly looks like an aerial

Would be hard to trace location or record a quicktimed call ... even if it was just to check that the entrance was clear or if the job was done ... (horrible thought)

I can answer this question! I'm so excited! :) Two way radios are THE PERFECT tool for criminals because they can't be tracked or wiretapped. Drug smugglers often use them for that reason, along with other types of criminals. If this POI really has a two way radio, that tells me DM's murder was a premeditated conspiracy.

Other professions include firefighters, paramedics, police, and hundreds of other types of commercial types of users.

I can answer this question! I'm so excited! :) Two way radios are THE PERFECT tool for criminals because they can't be tracked or wiretapped. Drug smugglers often use them for that reason, along with other types of criminals. If this POI really has a two way radio, that tells me DM's murder was a premeditated conspiracy.

Thank you

There is def something in the pocket. Its quite clear in the video.
It LOOKS like an aerial
I do not know what it is, only what it looks like

I do not see David's murder as random

I never felt it was random. I initially believed it was someone he knew who was passionately angry, someone who felt wronged by him on an emotional level. A two way radio would indicate conspiracy due to more than one person being involved, and it's difficult to get more than one person to feel similarly wronged in a sex related scenario.

This leans more towards DM being involved in some type of illegal activity than an affair, as a result the enema, condoms and lube could have been planted there. That's the only scenario I'll entertain a plant to throw investigators. It would be a downright silly plant for any sex related type material (girlfriend, wife, etc.) because enemas, condoms, and lube wouldn't throw LE off the trail of a girlfriend or wife. But it would throw LE off the trail of an illegal activity.

I have always strongly felt this was a sex/passion type crime.
But I do see what you are saying.
It is true, the items found at the scene immediately make my mind go to affair, prostitute etc.
So, I can see why they could be planted .. I get why that would be done

But what could a young, successful lawyer be involved in that would get him killed?
And who and how was he lured into getting a room at a hotel?
I still feel that David sent the text.
I think what ever he was at the hotel for, was over and he thought he would be home in an hour
Maybe after a shower, pack up his things..

He had other things with him, things one might take to the gym (IIR)
If this was a meeting of sorts, why unpack the bag?
Why would you unpack your deodorant if you were meeting with someone to discuss business of some kind?

I still wish we knew if this type of behavior was normal for him, and if so, did the wife know, and if so was she okay with it. How's that for a run-on sentence? The answers could give us a LOT of things to consider.

Do we know for a fact that the hotel room was paid for by David?

I dont see it as random at all.
It looks to me (JMO) as if the POI is on a mission - and under instruction.
Dressed to blend into the environment to not cause suspicion.
Dressed to cause gender misinterpretation.
Is wearing another layer underneath the outer clothing - which could be protective / to bulk up the appearance / to disguise the carrying of something.
I believe it is possible that the person has a communication devise in their pocket - Walkie Talkie or other - they may even be blue toothed to the devise.
I don't this person (POI) is a professional - and was hired or contracted by another.
They are unfit and show tiredness walking up the stairs
I think there are too many mistakes made by the POI; uncovered face, suspicious movements, unsure of what to do in the lobby, badly disguised.
I think the enima kit was part of the MO - an excuse to gain access to the room (like a parcel delivery by courier), or a decoy if the POI was stopped and questioned in the Hotel - not many are going to question a person delivering a kit as such. I also think it was used to throw a spanner in the works.

On the vid at 1:11-1:12 as the POI goes up the first flight of stairs you can see the shape of the underlayer especially from the shoulder to the elbows of both arms - 2 cylindrical like shapes which cut off the bulk at the elbow.
It looks like it is very deliberately being worn.
And by the movement of the POI - it looks uncomfortable and somewhat restrictive.

Screenshots (IMHO) which show the outline of the undergarment in certain movements.

under jacket outlines.jpg

Do we know if David was ever known to carry a gun?

FigT, thanks. These are excellent stills. Need to study them.

Wide through the hips

As a poster up thread said (sorry, can't remember who) It is hard to know how distorted the video is or if it has anything to do with angle

First to FigTree: fabulous stills and comments! I never noticed the potential antenna and great call on the upper arm area - looks like she wrapped pretty tight underneath.

JUST MY OPINION I think a hotel staffer is somehow involved. They would get to know regular customer's habits (we have no info on this, it could have been DM's first visit there) and if this was a sexual encounter gone bad, this POI was called in to do something. Something could mean simply robbing the guy while he's in the shower and instead gets caught in the act by victim. It could also mean coming in after the fact to either remove evidence or leave evidence. Then again, they could recognize the behavior of even a new hotel guest checking in alone, then a visitor who has a certain appearance (working girl kinda thing - even high rent pros can have an air of it)

Seriously, I have an active imagination. What if there are rooms with spycams and someone can monitor timing, see the victim get in the shower and assume there's a few free minutes to slip in and get cash and walkie-talkies a partner. Or they saw something went wrong and had to send someone else to fix it.

Then again, I think the POI (unless new) would know exactly where security cameras are.

If that other person is a security guard, they would have information for LE because presumably if they were doing their job, they would have confronted the POI asking what they were doing there. Unless that guy was in on it.

We were shown such a small portion of video. Has there been any shown that tells us if the POI entered through the front doors or underground garage?

The timing of the POI and the text to wife is just so coincidental or this kind of thing has been done before but didn't result in murder?

Yep, I wanna see the POI first entering the hotel and then exiting. It's just so hard to imagine no one has identified this woman. She's easily identifiable to my eyes. I wonder how many calls LE has gotten.

Hi there :seeya: I have been another lurker on this thread.

Has anyone considered where the stairs are in the lobby? A couple of us have been scouting this info behind the scenes. It seems as though the stairs are not in the hallway where the elevators are … just seems to be a fire hose cupboard and perhaps fire exit doors in that hallway.

So after looking and looking, we think that the stairs could be in the short hallway behind the reception desk. You access that hallway near the concierge desk, or by slipping through a gap between the elevator hallway and the reception desk wall (there is an ornamental plant there).

The POI heads off in that direction when they realise that they can’t get up to David’s room via the elevators.

314r0y8.png

I think that is the back of the reception desk you can see outside the door to the stairs.
2q9kupe.png

http://www.oyster.com/washington-dc/hotels/donovan-house/photos/lobby-donovan-house-v611646/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFggi_25c84

Dressed to blend into the environment to not cause suspicion.
Dressed to cause gender misinterpretation.
Is wearing another layer underneath the outer clothing - which could be protective / to bulk up the appearance / to disguise the carrying of something.

Agree, FigTree. There is also something under that hood imo. Maybe a baseball cap, by the way that the front of the hood is so horizontally flat and stiff, maybe just another hood.

2zpi2yx.png

I wonder where the outer clothes were dumped, or were they carried away in a bag of some kind? Because I think the perp was fully outfitted under those outer clothes, including the large shoes, so they could just peel off the bloody outer layer and leave the hotel in other clean clothes ... perhaps a lighter hooded jacket, jeans and slip-on shoes .. and clean gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257