GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is also my opinion. "Set up" may mean the items left in the room, not why he was there in the first place.

MOO

I'd think LE would call that 'staged'...but someone could have both set him up and then staged the crime scene, so could be connected.

This is really gross to type out, so forgive me, but if we knew if the enema was new/unopened or used it would help us put a lot of things in perspective. I'm fairly confident we won't find that out though.
My thinking is this...
If it were unopened, I'd go with the theory that it was either planted there OR the text to his wife wasn't from him. Because...trying to be as delicate here as possible...you don't just get an enema, hop up and get dressed and go about your merry way.
1. If he was there for anal sex with either a man or a woman, and this was to be used to 'clear the deck' so to speak, then I can't image him saying he'd be home in an hour. With that 'prep' the time it takes to work, the sex act and then clean up/pack up, that'd be pushing it.
2. I know zip about enemas as a fetish, but still, I assume there is still the same after effect requiring clean up, etc.
sorry again for the grossness (well it's gross to me but to each their own) but this has been a question in my mind since I started reading this case. I just started at thread 1 post 1 yesterday so this is my first post on the case, and what a doozie it is.

I'd think LE would call that 'staged'...but someone could have both set him up and then staged the crime scene, so could be connected.
Correct, the term normally used is "staged" when a crime scene is meant to look like one thing, but is actually another. Here, the murder is evident, it would only be the items found in the room which could be staged. In this context, I believe LE is going with the theory that whoever he was there to meet "set him up" to be murdered.

MOO

This is really gross to type out, so forgive me, but if we knew if the enema was new/unopened or used it would help us put a lot of things in perspective. I'm fairly confident we won't find that out though.
My thinking is this...
If it were unopened, I'd go with the theory that it was either planted there OR the text to his wife wasn't from him. Because...trying to be as delicate here as possible...you don't just get an enema, hop up and get dressed and go about your merry way.
1. If he was there for anal sex with either a man or a woman, and this was to be used to 'clear the deck' so to speak, then I can't image him saying he'd be home in an hour. With that 'prep' the time it takes to work, the sex act and then clean up/pack up, that'd be pushing it.
2. I know zip about enemas as a fetish, but still, I assume there is still the same after effect requiring clean up, etc.
sorry again for the grossness (well it's gross to me but to each their own) but this has been a question in my mind since I started reading this case. I just started at thread 1 post 1 yesterday so this is my first post on the case, and what a doozie it is.

You must be a nurse! I have actually thought about this so don't feel like you're on your own. You don't just do that and hop up. DM was at the hotel from 5:30-7:30 before he called his wife, right? Then said he'd be an hour getting home, so that's 3 hours. Time enough to process that (if it happened). Surely he wasn't just sitting there waiting for a date for 2-3 hours. I would think he would have a date set up before he rented that expensive room, or know when his regular girlfriend was coming (he didn't have all night). And I personally don't think it was a date/hook-up kind of thing, so those seem like props to me. I think they were to make LE think it was a man. I know Miss Muffett said heterosexuals use lubricant, too, but I personally can't imagine seeing my lover on the side and bringing or even needing lube (weren't they in their 30's?). Sorry, JMO. :blushing:

Someone like him wouldn't be a mule. Mules are usually people who fall into the lower income or no income bracket. And the documents or diamonds? Meh...no way.

Who says the mule had to be DM? Maybe this was why the POI was walking funny? ;)

Someone like him wouldn't be a mule. Mules are usually people who fall into the lower income or no income bracket. And the documents or diamonds? Meh...no way.

No, but that was an entertaining idea. I've seen movies with similar scripts. I think someone wanted DM dead and not for financial reasons. I felt like his wife was sincere, even though she may know by now that there was another woman. But JMOOO

Can I come with you, you never know?

Me, too - I'd love to hear their stories. I watch Joe Kenda when I get a chance. Was crazy about one of the detectives on First 48? Shilacy? out of Miami? Early in the series. Wish he had his own show, too. Anybody remember?

Midge Montana,

Maybe in their "couple-speak", I'll see you in an hour meant "don't hold dinner, I'll be there soon". Most wives know that for the typical man, 1 hr. generally means 1.5 - 3 hours. Typically.
Regardless, I hope her last convo with him ended on a good note. Very sad.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unusual that the female perp (we now know she *is* a she), used a knife as the murder weapon? I can see a woman grabbing a butcher knife in the kitchen, but premeditated, seems like an odd choice for a woman?

Enema fetishes aren't restricted to homosexuals.

That may be true. He either wanted to give/take "out back" or someone wanted people think he wanted to.

But he was in a hotel for "hours" and not all night. I can't help but think something similar to that whether the enema was there or not...

I'm guilty of nasty curiosity....about the enema and condoms. Guilty as charges.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unusual that the female perp (we now know she *is* a she), used a knife as the murder weapon? I can see a woman grabbing a butcher knife in the kitchen, but premeditated, seems like an odd choice for a woman?

Wives with Knives - or when you can't get a gun and you know he is going to turn his back to you...

Could be a "set up" (lured to hotel for some other reason) and a "staged" scene (murder for one reason made to look like another (sex encounter gone bad). This is my theory.

You must be a nurse! I have actually thought about this so don't feel like you're on your own. You don't just do that and hop up. DM was at the hotel from 5:30-7:30 before he called his wife, right? Then said he'd be an hour getting home, so that's 3 hours. Time enough to process that (if it happened). Surely he wasn't just sitting there waiting for a date for 2-3 hours. I would think he would have a date set up before he rented that expensive room, or know when his regular girlfriend was coming (he didn't have all night). And I personally don't think it was a date/hook-up kind of thing, so those seem like props to me. I think they were to make LE think it was a man. I know Miss Muffett said heterosexuals use lubricant, too, but I personally can't imagine seeing my lover on the side and bringing or even needing lube (weren't they in their 30's?). Sorry, JMO. :blushing:

Not a nurse, though I did work at a hospital for 27 years! Lol. Unfortunately I suffered from a postoperative illeus and that was the 'treatment' for it.
You're correct that there was plenty of time in the hours that he was there to get it all done. My point was, and maybe I wasn't clear, IF it had been un-used, then I believe it to be either planted or alternatively I believe someone else texted the wife because if he hadn't started the procedure yet he'd know that it would take more than an hour for him to get everything finished and get home.
There are so many things we don't know that could really help us. What was the wording of his text and was it prompted by a text from her and he was just answering? How punctual is he, typically? My husband is ex-military and if he says he will be there in an hour, by golly, he won't be there one minute later. Drives me crazy but that's his personality. We just don't know how David operated...what was normal for him?
I've so enjoyed this thread! I surely hope his murder is solved soon.
Oh, one thing that did strike me about the wife at the PC, is when she said "I've lost EVERYTHING." She came across as very angry about that, more enraged than sad. My opinion only of course. Then again, I guess she had a dang good reason to be angry. I find no fault at all for going with a tightly scripted speech. For one, if I'd just lost my husband in those circumstances I'd probably not even be able to give a speech. I'd need it to be written down to have any chance at speaking at all. Secondly, I'm sure LE needs to control what information she lets out to the public. Ad libbing it could possibly lead her to leak something. Be sure, they have much more information than they've released. An exit video of the POI for one thing, which is likely to have confirmed that it was female. Also, his computer, cell phone, financials, etc.
I wanted to add in reply to the question as to why use a knife? Well...the killer likely didn't have access to a gun with a silencer. Which proves to me that this was not a professional job in any way.
I've got my theories, like we all do, I just cannot post them here...yet.

As far as the wife goes, wouldn't LE have given her a poly by now? One would think so. Have we heard anything about that? I'm assuming that is not an issue.

Regarding the much discussed enema. It could have been for her, not him. Meaning, he was paying for something his wife wouldn't do? He wanted everything, pardon me, unobstructed? I don't think we have considered this possibility, but it seems plausible

Oh, don't shoot me, jodi arias used a knife and it was premeditated. (In addition to the gun, of course) Knives are quiet and infinitely more personal than guns. Just my opinion of course, no real-life knowledge here.

As far as the wife goes, wouldn't LE have given her a poly by now? One would think so. Have we heard anything about that? I'm assuming that is not an issue.

Regarding the much discussed enema. It could have been for her, not him. Meaning, he was paying for something his wife wouldn't do? He wanted everything, pardon me, unobstructed? I don't think we have considered this possibility, but it seems plausible

Yes, it could have been for either participant.

No need to blush. It's just sex talk. Prostitutes will use lube, especially with clients who like toys.

I agree with Midge Montana about the enema. If it was unused, it was likely a plant. If it was used, it wasn't a plant.

I'm not envisioning a mistress or girlfriend. My instinct is he was in that hotel with a prostitute. Quite possibly a prostitute he had developed an ongoing professional relationship that was crossing the line of being viewed as a more meaningful relationship. It happens. But that doesn't explain the butch POI in the video. She's just not call girl material. I don't believe for a moment that the clothing is stuffed to make her appear fatter. The girl is overweight. You can see it in her face.

No need to blush. It's just sex. Prostitutes will use lube, especially with clients who like toys.

I agree with Midge Montana about the enema. If it was unused, it was likely a plant. If it was used, it wasn't a plant.

I'm not envisioning a mistress or girlfriend. My instinct is he was in that hotel with a prostitute. Quite possibly a prostitute he had developed an ongoing professional relationship that was crossing the line of being viewed as a more meaningful relationship. It happens. But that doesn't explain the butch POI in the video. She's just not call girl material. I don't believe for a moment that the clothing is stuffed to make her appear fatter. The girl is overweight. You can see it in her face.

Dominatrix? Perhaps that "type" has some special wow factor for him, in some fetish. And of course, sexiness is in the eye of the beholder. Some guys dig well nourished gals, other like string beans. Who knows.

I think he was there to see a prostitute he saw regularly. I don't think the POI is the prostitute. For one, he checked into the hotel room long before the POI arrived. The heritage similarity just doesn't jive with that too. That brings me back to why someone of the same heritage of DM's wife would want DM killed. If it was family or friend of the family, DM's wife or other relatives would recognize this POI in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06