GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. It's not her. Her face is too slender, not chipmunk cheeked like the POI.

And comparing her hands to gloved hands in a grainy video is really a stretch.

Nice work but I'm actually a little surprised by the attempts to "compare" photos. I was under the impression that several people thought the POI is/was likely related to KV.... not actually her.

Maybe I missed some subtle communication??

:thinking:

Nice work but I'm actually a little surprised by the attempts to "compare" photos. I was under the impression that several people thought the POI is/was likely related to KV.... not actually her.

Maybe I missed some subtle communication??

:thinking:

I don't think it's KV in the POI video. IMO

I don't think so, either. I don't think it was a hook-up per CL, either (hope I'm right on that for family's sake), but I do think it was the woman he was having an affair with. She shouldn't be that hard to find.

I think this horrific crime is going to be solved by focusing on the "why".
Why was he there? (Appears obvious, but all possibilities should be considered)
Why would someone do this to him?

Of course we don't know what info LE has already pieced together, but I would think his communication records (phone, email, VM, Skype, chat, etc.) will piece the story together, even if he has been using secure transmissions

Here is a completely wild card theory; emphasis on wild card.
We now know the Perp is female, according to LE. (Yes, I ate my hat). :\
If the Perp wasn't someone he was receiving "service" from, what would motivate them to murder him? A few theories on the "why"

1. She was paid to do so by someone, perhaps over money or a business deal?
2. (and here is the wild card theory...)She was the *mother* of someone he had sex with, perhaps a minor?

I know #2 is a real wild card theory, but I am trying to think of reasons a woman who was not his wife, would be angry enough to murder him. In summary, here's what I've got so far:

-He didn't leave the wife as he had promised?
-The Perp was paid by a business rival/someone he owed large amounts of money to?
-A mother who was avenging an act that took place with her child?
-A member of the wife's family (honor killing) - yes, that is a big stretch and no reason to believe this, but throwing out all possibilities that seem within the realm of possibility. Vietnamese is a male dominated culture, no reason to believe that a man cheating would be cause for honor killing

That's what I can come up with at the moment. All just wild guesses, but trying to stay focused on the "why" and work backwards.

Roses, remember that the cards in his wallet were strewn about. This indicates to me that the perp was looking for something specific. That's a big clue right there, IMO. And the fact that his laptop was left behind is telling as well. I would think if it were business related, the laptop would have been taken.

Roses, remember that the cards in his wallet were strewn about. This indicates to me that the perp was looking for something specific. That's a big clue right there, IMO. And the fact that his laptop was left behind is telling as well. I would think if it were business related, the laptop would have been taken.

The cards strewn about make me think they were looking for their own calling/business card, but just a guess.

The cards strewn about make me think they were looking for their own calling/business card, but just a guess.

I think he wouldn't leave his wife for this woman, just IMO. Also, maybe she was looking for a picture of herself or her business card being in his wallet is possible, and she probably erased her nickname from his phone - then texted his wife, left the sex related items around to make it look like a gay hook-up. The woman I think it is works in the same field (anesthesiology) as the wife, seemed to be a friend of theirs, and remember all the deletions she made off of fb...why would she do that??? I do think she was following on here and trying to find out what the police knew so far. That's as far as my mind will go.

I think he wouldn't leave his wife for this woman, just IMO. Also, maybe she was looking for a picture of herself or her business card being in his wallet is possible, and she probably erased her nickname from his phone - then texted his wife, left the sex related items around to make it look like a gay hook-up. The woman I think it is works in the same field (anesthesiology) as the wife, seemed to be a friend of theirs, and remember all the deletions she made off of fb...why would she do that??? I do think she was following on here and trying to find out what the police knew so far. That's as far as my mind will go.

I know a lot of folks have their eyes on her. She might have erased all that stuff to protect her privacy, nothing more. Time will tell. But unrequited love/jealousy are always a strong motive. Messing around on your spouse (if in fact he did), is a recipe for disaster, one way or another. MOO.

Right. Same here. Heck, there were several of us who thought the POI was a MAN. :shame:

I wonder if we will ever get some NEW info on this case?!? Patience is not my forte.

Enema, lube, condoms...planted or not. DM was in a hotel room without (supposedly) his wife's knowledge. He was there for a reason. To me, it makes no difference if he was there with a man or woman. I just want whoever took his life to be punished.

Enema, lube, condoms...planted or not. DM was in a hotel room without (supposedly) his wife's knowledge. He was there for a reason. To me, it makes no difference if he was there with a man or woman. I just want whoever took his life to be punished.
Nobody is knocking him. These may be clues as to who the killer is or the killer's motivation.

Nobody is knocking him. These may be clues as to who the killer is or the killer's motivation.

Or what the killer wanted LE to think. I think that's also why she looked so bulky in the ski clothes. but that's just me.

Enema fetishes aren't restricted to homosexuals.
This is a far, far stretch, but had he just recently been out of the country or flown anywhere within this country?

It has not been unknown for a 'mule' to swallow sealed bags of 'contraband' so as to pass x-rays and body searches. An enema can then be used to more quickly recover the contents.

It used to be mostly drugs in white powder form, but could also be something like diamonds or even top secret documents of some sort.

Is it known if the enema paraphernalia had been used yet? Yeah, I know; yucky question.

That certainly is an interesting theory! We are tracking in wavelength in that I think there is a possibility this had to do with money, vs. sex.
People get killed when they owe someone a lot of money and haven't paid up. I think this possibility should be explored as well, and I'm sure his financial records will indicate that.

Along these lines, and speaking of "lines", I was dwelling on whether he had a white powder addiction, or something similar. This is just grabbing at straws, but I'm sure LE is looking in to it as well. Nothing is off the table at this point, it appears.

This is a far, far stretch, but had he just recently been out of the country or flown anywhere within this country?

It has not been unknown for a 'mule' to swallow sealed bags of 'contraband' so as to pass x-rays and body searches. An enema can then be used to more quickly recover the contents.

It used to be mostly drugs in white powder form, but could also be something like diamonds or even top secret documents of some sort.

Is it known if the enema paraphernalia had been used yet? Yeah, I know; yucky question.
That's the most creative theory I've read in these threads! Love it! :loveyou:

Or what the killer wanted LE to think. I think that's also why she looked so bulky in the ski clothes. but that's just me.
That is also my opinion. "Set up" may mean the items left in the room, not why he was there in the first place.

MOO

Someone like him wouldn't be a mule. Mules are usually people who fall into the lower income or no income bracket. And the documents or diamonds? Meh...no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678