GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think this was about money, but not a debt. Not much point in killing a person who owes money. Unless of course the debt would be paid off from his or her estate. Jmo when a person can't or won't pay a debt, I would think an injury or a threat would make more sense.

She did not seem angry with her husband for putting himself in a risky situation, so I do not think she thinks he knowlingly did. Instead she seemed very angry that he has been taken from her. Just my 2 cents that is all opinion. What do you all think?
A press conference certainly isn't the place to express anger at the husband for putting himself in a risky situation. What wife wouldn't be angry at her husband's killer for taking him from her?

Anyone, sometimes the most unlikely person you know, could have a secret life/relationship. There are stereotypes about the kind of person who engages in a secret life, but many times it can be the least suspected person who has a whole other persona that only one other person knows about. We have been focussing on the victim for the most part as perhaps having something secret in his life that could solve this, but it may be someone else in his life that holds a secret? DM may have merely been in the way of continuing that secret, and was taken out as a way to remove the threat to that secret. We have not talked about that much here, and I know TOS prevents us from sleuthing this possibility thoroughly, but it is a real possibility. Still does not answer what he was doing in that hotel room I realize, but there may have been a way to set up him being there, as a virtual sitting duck for someone who wanted to get rid of him. I am leaning more and more towards this sort of scenario. In my mind it explains some of the unusual posturing online we have seen from an acquaintance (comments posted on FB then removed, crowdsource fundraising since removed). It also explains to me the anger I saw in the press announcement from DM's wife. She did not seem angry with her husband for putting himself in a risky situation, so I do not think she thinks he knowlingly did. Instead she seemed very angry that he has been taken from her. Just my 2 cents that is all opinion. What do you all think?

BBM

I suppose there could be a possibility that he uncovered damning information about someone through his law firm, or about his law firm
It just doesn't explain the hotel for me

A press conference certainly isn't the place to express anger at the husband for putting himself in a risky situation. What wife wouldn't be angry at her husband's killer for taking him from her?

Bingo. And, when people die, I have seen loved ones deflect anger to others. It seems to be a common thing. I think the wife loved this guy so much that whatever seemingly seedy sex play was a far second to the actual loss of his life. In the grander scheme of things, that certainly makes sense.

BBM

I suppose there could be a possibility that he uncovered damning information about someone through his law firm, or about his law firm
It just doesn't explain the hotel for me

Thank you, Dushi, for everything :). I like the way you think.

If it was a setup, which now seems to be the case, than would it be safe to assume that everything it seems be it actually is not? This woman dressed like a man, with a fake posture, gait, who knows what else, with stuffed pockets, too big shoes, walks into the lobby psyched to kill, it seems, passes the luggage cart (which she's seems shorter than from two angles), to find the elevator doesn't work.

If that elevator had worked, who could have questioned a setup credibly? Nobody would have questioned the gender, the tawdry items, nor the betrayal aspect, thus it may have been a murder to instill fear in town, much talk, shame, humiliation, for the sake of drama, let me say on a monumental scale, for those who hold David dear, especially. That elevator not working made that part of the plan a monumental fail. There isn't nasty chat about David. There may be outrage that she may have walked away scot free.

Is it possible that for all we know, the staircase person could be totally unrelated to the actual crime? Just a thought. Perhaps they were seeking staircase person out to talk to because they passed the killer in the hall or something? I know it's a reach, but it is possible, IN MY OPINION. Did LE ever come out and say that THIS person (staircase person) was the actual suspect?

Thank you, Dushi, for everything :). I like the way you think.

If it was a setup, which now seems to be the case, than would it be safe to assume that everything it seems be it actually is not? This woman dressed like a man, with a fake posture, gait, who knows what else, with stuffed pockets, too big shoes, walks into the lobby psyched to kill, it seems, passes the luggage cart (which she's seems shorter than from two angles), to find the elevator doesn't work.

If that elevator had worked, who could have questioned a setup credibly? Nobody would have questioned the gender, the tawdry items, nor the betrayal aspect, thus it may have been a murder to instill fear in town, much talk, shame, humiliation, for the sake of drama, let me say on a monumental scale, for those who hold David dear, especially. That elevator not working made that part of the plan a monumental fail. There isn't nasty chat about David. There may be outrage that she may have walked away scot free.

I am so on the fence, it frustrates me that I am bouncing back and forth with my opinions.
I feel strongly that this was premeditated. The way the woman portrayed herself as a man tells me it was thought out in advance (unless she has a real bad style going on)
I have watched that video til my eyes hurt and its only because LE says its a woman that I believe it is a woman.
I can not see anything feminine about the person other than some feminine qualities in the half views of the face.

I think it is very possible that everything is not what it seems
Maybe even David is not what he seems
Someone went to a lot of trouble to disguise themselves, and yes, the elevator certainly changed things. had it worked, it would have been a much shorter video, showing very little.
It does not have the feel of organized crime, professional hit to me

So much is unknown and answers to some questions would help us to find the right direction

Is it possible that for all we know, the staircase person could be totally unrelated to the actual crime? Just a thought. Perhaps they were seeking staircase person out to talk to because they passed the killer in the hall or something? I know it's a reach, but it is possible, IN MY OPINION. Did LE ever come out and say that THIS person (staircase person) was the actual suspect?

IMHO ANYTHING is possible!!

He was not staying the night in his room
He had to be meeting someone there

Why?
Why meet in a hotel?

No out of order sign on the elevator
She has to go in and try it to find out it doesn't work

Broken? or Key card?

Published on Feb 11, 2015
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department's Homicide Branch are investigating a homicide. Investigators seek the public's assistance in identifying and locating a person of interest in a Homicide which occurred on Monday, February 9, 2015 in the 1100 block of 14th Street, NW. The subject was captured by the building's surveillance cameras.

She was described as a POI

Sorry for the blast of posts:blushing:

There is no doubt in my mind that LE has video of the woman in the stairs coming OUT of DM's room. If they had video of someone else coming from his room/floor, they would have released that video asking for help identifying that person.

There is no doubt in my mind that LE has video of the woman in the stairs coming OUT of DM's room. If they had video of someone else coming from his room/floor, they would have released that video asking for help identifying that person.
I doubt there's a camera in the hallway of his room, or one that caught a good image. If there was, LE wouldn't necessarily need help with identification if they easily identified another person or the other person came forward early on.

Thanks SouthAussie. I think I can see something sticking out of her pocket as she approaches the entrance of the hotel too, it's not all that clear but you can see it, and after she comes through the door she fiddles with it then pulls her jacket down over it.

I don’t know if anyone here followed the case of Jill Meagher, an Aussie girl who was murdered by Adrian Bayley.

When Jill was killed, the police released CCTV footage of a man (Bayley) following Jill along a street and trying to strike up a conversation with her. They asked for the public’s help in identifying this man.

Turns out they knew exactly who he was all along. They were simply trying to track down his movements on that night so they could tighten up their case against him and lay charges.

With the limited amount of CCTV they have released on this POI in David’s case, I wonder if that is the police intention here. Because it is puzzling why they have not also released further CCTV of this unidentified person leaving the premises, perhaps in different outer clothes than the ones she arrived in.

No out of order sign on the elevator
She has to go in and try it to find out it doesn't work

Broken? or Key card?

I'm thinking key card ... because two different people in these hotels reviews say that you are required to use your key card at The Donovan to use the elevators to get to a room floor, and to gain entry to the hotel at night after 1am.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...Hotel-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html

Which makes me wonder, how did the perp access David's floor from the stairs? Surely the stair doors would only open from the floor, not from the stairwell, if the hotel is that security conscious? Otherwise it would be a big lapse in their security. Did the perp have some kind of master key to be able to open the stair door from the stairwell?

I also wonder if the perp took David's key card to use the elevator to leave the hotel, and therefore police know exactly when she left and were able to pinpoint the CCTV of her leaving. I wonder if elevator computer systems keep track of that kind of info, what room key was used at what time to use the elevator.

I'm thinking key card ... because two different people in these hotels reviews say that you are required to use your key card at The Donovan to use the elevators to get to a room floor, and to gain entry to the hotel at night after 1am.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowU...Hotel-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html

I wonder if the perp took David's key card to use the elevator to leave the hotel, and therefore police know exactly when she left and were able to pinpoint the CCTV of her leaving. I wonder if elevator computer systems keep track of that kind of info, what room key was used at what time to use the elevator.

There were a couple of MSM reports broadcast quoting the hotel manager about that particular elevator not working that day, forgive me for not finding them. An WSer on the thread did call the front desk and inquire about methods of payment they required, in determining whether that may have tipped LE off in locating David. What stands out to me, is that after realizing the elevator doesn't work, she comes out facing the figure near the entry, then lingers, scopes the corner and decides to head for the stairs. What do you make of that?

IMO Everything was staged. Soup to nuts. The gym bag. The texts. The embarrassing items. All staged.
I think David was there with someone he was familiar with and that person set this all up.
I believe DC LE know exactly who and why.
All MOO

There were a couple of MSM reports broadcast quoting the hotel manager about that particular elevator not working that day, forgive me for not finding them. An WSer on the thread did call the front desk and inquire about methods of payment they required, in determining whether that may have tipped LE off in locating David. What stands out to me, is that after realizing the elevator doesn't work, she comes out facing the figure near the entry, then lingers, scopes the corner and decides to head for the stairs. What do you make of that?

Thanks .. I found a link about the broken elevators. I wonder if that means that all/both the elevators were broken? That would be an unusual coincidence, for them both to break down at the same time.

White said the hotel's elevators were not working properly that day due to "maintenance issues."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/1...death-young-attorney-inside-washington-hotel/

I don't make a lot of that person in black. Could be anyone hanging around and just watching other people ... they could even have called out to the perp after a bit and said 'hey, I don't think the elevators are working properly, the stairs are around there'. In all the photos I have looked at of the lobby there, there always seems to be people lingering in the lobby.

But I am still wondering how the perp accessed David's floor from the stairwell. That door should have been locked from the stairwell side, unless the staff opened all the stairwell doors because the elevators weren't working properly. I did notice that the first stairwell door was left open (where I could see the reception desk outside the door).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member