GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand how it all happened.

If it was random, I don't know why one would expect a random hotel guest to have a lot of cash. Lots of people travel with little cash.

If she knew DM was seeing a prostitute (if he in fact was), she wouldn't know what room he was in. And, it seems to me it would be better to rob the prostitute after he/she got paid as they might not want to report the crime.

That is why I suggest organized crime. Inside knowledge-remember the other person in the lobby-probably a lookout. There is lots of money in extortion and other people's vices.
So sad for him and his wife. It makes me sick.

I see no reason to believe that that isn't her that you found listed as having played B-Ball @ Forestville Military Academy, with stats of being 6'1". As I stated up above, the pics of JG posted further back in this thread, in her security (whether as employee or student) uniform, she looks very tall and lanky to me. If you look her name up in the DC Court records, you'll find the case w/ landlord there..........she's a co-defendant in that case which would seem to mean that the other co-defendant was likely her roommate. When you search roommate, you see she has a significant history playing B-Ball. Perhaps they became roommates due to playing locally on the same team, etc?

I really do not think that the person in the video is JG. Even though security cameras might somewhat distort a person's size to some degree, if you look at the woman in video, her size and height in relation to other items in the hall.............that person to me is much shorter than 6'1" and even if intentionally wearing multiple layers of clothing to disguise frame/size, they still come across to me (and always did) as stockier.

And the facial features are completely different to me. the woman in the video has a more angular face, eyes very different. IMO.

I have such a hard time telling security videos, and even perp pics, and would have sworn the POI is shorter than the luggage carts she passes, but there is so much distortion in the pixles, depending on how the light is hitting and speed of motion, lines are defined as jello, but a good graphic tech would clear it up easy with all the angles available on the face.

Not sure if JG still worked in security (reported upstream, a statement from MVP Security indicating she had not worked for them since 2014), but it wouldn't be hard to fathom that maybe she had 'connections' with Donovan Hotel security.......maybe industry buddies with one of them or heck maybe someone in security @ hotel involved with her. Hotel security would surely know a lot about guests staying there, what room (or at least how to find out), where cameras are located, where exits are located, perhaps even some kind of special room key that would provide them access to all hotel rooms? (like a master card key).

That is why I suggest organized crime. Inside knowledge-remember the other person in the lobby-probably a lookout. There is lots of money in extortion and other people's vices.
So sad for him and his wife. It makes me sick.

But given expected amount of distortion, wouldn't the distortion still be relative/consistent? eg) if a human on video looks shorter than they really are, wouldn't a luggage cart also appear shorter than it really is? I can't imagine there are 2 ppl @ the military school she attended with the same name, and if the school shows stats on her from when she played basketball there and was 6'1", that's unusually tall for a woman. When she was standing in front of the elevator doors, her height in relation to height of elevator door opening surely didn't leave me thinking "boy that woman seems on the tall side."

Would also be interested to know if JG at any time worked in security for the Donovan Hotel.

I have such a hard time telling security videos, and even perp pics, and would have sworn the POI is shorter than the luggage carts she passes, but there is so much distortion in the pixles, depending on how the light is hitting and speed of motion, lines are defined as jello, but a good graphic tech would clear it up easy with all the angles available on the face.

But given expected amount of distortion, wouldn't the distortion still be relative/consistent? eg) if a human on video looks shorter than they really are, wouldn't a luggage cart also appear shorter than it really is? I can't imagine there are 2 ppl @ the military school she attended with the same name, and if the school shows stats on her from when she played basketball there and was 6'1", that's unusually tall for a woman. When she was standing in front of the elevator doors, her height in relation to height of elevator door opening surely didn't leave me thinking "boy that woman seems on the tall side."

Would also be interested to know if JG at any time worked in security for the Donovan Hotel.

The luggage cart isn't moving, that may explain her understanding of security videos, the never standing still. Oh, I remember the spookiest thing was trying to enlarge the face of the weeble figure by the door. I think he/she had a face mask on, or at least I hope, distortion'n'all, but it jumps out from one angle and it truly looked like a death mask. Here it is, now that's a shadowy figure. The top of the POI's head is what is cutting off the rest of her. They are facing each other at that point among others, while doing an little avoidance dance, too.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.56.12 PM - Edited.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-02-25 at 11.56.12 PM - Edited.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 249
That is definitely her in the CCTV footage but the two photos I have seen of her tells me she is gay in a "dike" sort of way. If she did make plans to see him, she probably had no intentions of sleeping with him but to rob instead, so she took off with the cash.

So she set him up during an online encounter? yikes.

While police sorts out the details and motivation for this extremely sad case, I'm looking at what did I learn from this thread that can make me a better sleuther. The biggest learning is one that I already learned from the Lamar thread; things *aren't* always as they appear! We all have our own perceptions, based on our experiences and sense of reality. I had to eat my hat when LE informed the Perp was female; I was *positive* it was a male, and an islander to boot. *Wrong!*

So now, tail between legs, I'm going to see what is revealed about his reason for being in the room, etc. One thing is for sure, there is a lot more to be revealed in this case and it's so very sad. I see a young woman with promise who went absolutely berserk, and I am eager to learn why. I see a bright young professional man with a devoted wife and loving family, gone too soon. So sad. Why?

As we wait for the why, I'm reflecting on my own perceptions, and how they impact my assessments of these cases.

From video: "She allegedly met Messerschmitt online and a series of online communication helped lead detectives to her"

Updated 8 minutes ago

Video: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-298372701.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

I'm surprised it took this long to locate her since there was an electronic trail. But, obviously it must take longer to obtain online communication records than I thought.

I wonder if she's done this previously but never had to kill her victim until DM.

*I'm salt and peppering a hat... I think I'm going to have to consume one soon.

Vincent McDuffie, Gallmon's former basketball coach, said, "We are [a] pretty close-knit family, our girls basketball team, so last word that we had she was doing real well. She was out on her own, she was taking care of herself, supporting herself ... very shocking, very shocking."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...er-of-d-c-lawyer-at-donovan-hotel-112825.html

Thank your the link.

Woman arrested in murder of D.C. lawyer at Donovan hotel
By Tom Roussey, Horace Holmes, ABC 7 News, Apr 1, '15 5:13 am

It may be covered on GMA as they posted a piece last night as well.

We don't know how they met online; she could have been advertising, or he could have found her and reached out. We don't know yet. I'm confused by her because she doesn't fit "the profile". She went to military school which connotes some sort of patriotism, discipline, and respect for authority. She wanted to go in to the military. She participated in team sports. How do you go from that to stabbing someone to death?

Interesting, in Marina Marraco's report here,

"Investigators are not looking at the wife"

She also mentions room 400 is going for 2 to 3 bucks a night, since sometime after the 10 day LE quarantine.

I think you mean the hotel is $200 to $300 bucks a night.

That time video from the Fox article is a good one.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11334264/timeline-in-the-donovan-hotel-murder-investigation

LE asked the wife to make her plea to the public. It was a shame to make her and David's family go through that when they had the online leads to begin with. Maybe it was done in some way to upset the suspect, making an arrest easier....

We don't know how they met online; she could have been advertising, or he could have found her and reached out. We don't know yet. I'm confused by her because she doesn't fit "the profile". She went to military school which connotes some sort of patriotism, discipline, and respect for authority. She wanted to go in to the military. She participated in team sports. How do you go from that to stabbing someone to death?

Sometimes young people go to "military school" because they have problems in hopes that it will help straighten them up. Her mother says she was going into the military, she told her part-time employer she was resigning to join law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces