GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the chargind docs, the appointment was for 7 to 7:30 pm
That means she was late. He texted his wife at 7:34. He gave up waiting for the suspect and was getting ready to head home. The suspect arrived at the hotel at 7:45.

I don't believe he could have gotten home in an hour if the appointment hadn't even started. How far is their house from the hotel? He texted at 7:34 and an hour would have been 8:34. With her arrival at 7:45, even 15 minute encounter would only leave him a half hour to get home. And we know the encounter would have to take longer than 15 minutes.

I realize now that he might have arrived two hours prior to use the enema. It might not have been an enema fetish and simply to clean himself for the encounter.

But wait, that document picture you just edited to add doesn't say the appointment was for 7:30. You keep editing your post. Now it shows 7:00 and 7:30. I think she was late and he got tired of waiting. 7:00 and 7:30 indicates he told her two different times. Perhaps 7:00 was the original time, and he changed it to 7:30 when she was running late. When she didn't show up at 7:30, he sent his wife a text at 7:34 saying he was coming home. A punctual person would be annoyed by someone being late. And a punctual person wouldn't choose two different open ended times like 7:00 and 7:30.

That means she was late. He texted his wife at 7:34. He gave up waiting for the suspect and was getting ready to head home. The suspect arrived at the hotel at 7:45.

I don't believe he could have gotten home in an hour if the appointment hadn't even started. How far is their house from the hotel? He texted at 7:34 and an hour would have been 8:34. With her arrival at 7:45, even 15 minute encounter would only leave him a half hour to get home. And we know the encounter would have to take longer than 15 minutes.

I realize now that he might have arrived two hours prior to use the enema. It might not have been an enema fetish and simply to clean himself for the encounter.

But wait, that document picture you just edited to add doesn't say the appointment was for 7:30.

Agreed, she was not punctual, but probably capable of it. She was late by intent perhaps. She she had a play to make and may have been on her own schedule.

Agreed, she was not punctual, but probably capable of it. She was late by intent perhaps. She had play she to make and may have been on her own schedule.
Exactly. My entire point was I believe DM just missed being murdered by mere minutes. If he had left at 7:34 when he gave up on her arriving, he wouldn't have been there to kill. Since he's an incredibly punctual person, he would have been very irritated by her late arrival. I believe 7:00 and 7:30 were two different times because he tried to accommodate her lateness after she didn't arrive at 7:00. Then after she didn't arrive by the second appointed time at 7:30, he gave up. It's sad to realize just how close he was to not being murdered.

Something still seems off to me, Tamyra Gallmon doesn't really fit the profile, shes from a good family, if you search 'Tamyra' on twitter you will see her her former classmates and friends in shock. I wonder if she knew DM before this...But maybe im overthinking this and she was just really desperate for money and was truly a robbery gone wrong...

Something still seems off to me, Tamyra Gallmon doesn't really fit the profile, shes from a good family, if you search 'Tamyra' on twitter you will see her her former classmates and friends in shock. I wonder if she knew DM before this...But maybe im overthinking this and she was just really desperate for money and was truly a robbery gone wrong...

I'm betting if others were robbed at knife point with zip ties by this woman, it would have or may by now hopefully filter into LE, as people see her face. What did the zip ties look like?

I can't find anything under Tamyra Gallmon. Care to share the actual @ for twitter?

People being surprised doesn't prove anything about her character or who she was because I'm sure many people were equally surprised to learn about DM's double life.

Being desperate for money isn't even a good enough excuse for robbery. I've survived difficult times in my life without resorting to robbery.

She wasn't fired. She quit her job. The best I can tell she sat in her apartment and posted on twitter via her tablet for the past couple of months. If she can afford all that data or an internet connection and have a cell phone, she's not desperate for money or was irresponsible at budgeting her money.

Maybe she was going to be evicted, but it's not like she was going to be in the streets since she has a mother who thinks the world of her and a father who treats her like daddy's little girl and delivers medicine to her. You, yourself, say she comes from a good family. Good families take in their family members who are desperate for money.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the whole desperate for money angle unless she is an addict. And that's unlikely since she had a military physical that I'm assuming she passed since she was waiting for a waiver for a tattoo.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for a woman who quit a job and cries desperate for money.

I think the suspect was late. There's no other explanation for him notifying his wife he'd be home in an hour when he wouldn't likely be done with his appointment in an hour.

I don't believe the suspect texted his wife for a few reasons. 1) It's unlikely she even knew the suspect had a girlfriend/wife. The commenter said it came out in conversation while DM was at his house. Even then DM lied and said girlfriend, not wife. I doubt he told the suspect anything about a girlfriend/wife via email. 2) If she did know he had a girlfriend/wife, it's unlikely she could figure out which contact was DM's wife in his phone. 3) It makes no sense whatsoever for the suspect to send a text saying he'll be home in an hour because that will just cause the wife to expect him sooner. Sending a text prolonging how long he'll be away from home would make more sense. 4) I believe LE established the text was sent to his wife a few minutes before the suspect arrived.

Sex workers are notoriously tardy. :D Besides I wouldn't imagine she'd be the most organised person.

It appears to be a half mixed light skinned AA female to me. Probably from the urban streets. And the text may have not been sent by him. I would check database for female violent offenders recently released. It takes aggression to stab a person to death. Maybe the text meant It's Done. Idk. We need more info. Jmo. Btw: She could be a jilted lover of someone he was seeing on the side.[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as a half mixed light skinned AA female. And where do you get the "urban streets" from? Because shes African American she's from the streets?

And aren't you over analyzing things waaaaay toooo much? It was obvious from the start, this was a hook up. If DM was going to have an affair, he woud chose someone from his own socio/economic background.

Probably so true. What's to motivate promptness when they're pursued like the holy grail, huh? ;)

In the trade, there is a lot to motivate promptness and most smart ladies who take their business and reputations seriously will treat it like any other business. Showing up on time, prompt emails, returning calls etc goes along way.

Just two weeks before she was arrested, Jamyra Gallmon told a good friend that she was not the woman whose face had been captured on a D.C. hotel surveillance camera about the time a lawyer was fatally stabbed there, the friend said Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...944-11e4-ba28-f2a685dc7f89_story.html?hpid=z5

“I literally asked her — I said, ‘Jamyra, you look like that lady in the camera,’ ” the friend said in a telephone interview. “She said, ‘Girl, no, that’s not me. I’m trying to go into the Army.’ ”

There is a picture here and it looks like the shoes that she wore that day.

Kim's statement:

"I would like to thank the Metropolitan Police Department for their hard work and continued diligence," she said. "I have faith that the police and the courts will bring justice to David and all who loved him. I will have no further comment until his case is resolved and I continue to ask for privacy for me and family."

as per published on numerous MSM sources up thread.

In the trade, there is a lot to motivate promptness and most smart ladies who take their business and reputations seriously will treat it like any other business. Showing up on time, prompt emails, returning calls etc goes along way.

TuttuFrutti, quiet moment to thank you for all that you share to help us understand this case. I do love your posts.

But wait, that document picture you just edited to add doesn't say the appointment was for 7:30. You keep editing your post. Now it shows 7:00 and 7:30. I think she was late and he got tired of waiting. 7:00 and 7:30 indicates he told her two different times. Perhaps 7:00 was the original time, and he changed it to 7:30 when she was running late. When she didn't show up at 7:30, he sent his wife a text at 7:34 saying he was coming home. A punctual person would be annoyed by someone being late. And a punctual person wouldn't choose two different open ended times like 7:00 and 7:30.

I agree the enema was not part of any fetish. It was simply a prep.

Maybe the 7 and 7:30 was a typo and it was supposed to be 7 to 7:30, who knows. But, I think the theory that he was sick of waiting and sent the text about being home in an hour is a good one.

Regardless, because of the zip ties, I don't believe her story about snapping when he grabbed her.

TuttuFrutti, quiet moment to thank you for all that you share to help us understand this case. I do love your posts.

Yes, thanks to Tutti for providing insights in such a forthright manner, it is appreciated.
I also want to say I appreciate the respect and tolerance everyone is showing on this thread. We are discussing concepts that are new to many, and confusing. I participate with many of you on other threads, and I know your hearts are in the right place, as is mine.

This is a horrible tragedy for all concerned. Despite human nature, we aren't here to judge the morality of what this victim was doing, the career" choice of the Perp, or the relationship of the wife. Now that we know what happened, we can learn from it and apply it to sleuthing on other threads.

So thanks everyone for being such a nice, respectful bunch of people to sleuth with. We have lively debates from time to time, but I know misunderstandings come from truly not understanding, not from mean hearts. Love you all! Now back to the case.....

-Aunt Roses

From Above the Law ... "A Legal Web Site – News, Insights, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers, Law School, Law Suits, Judges and Courts."

If these allegations are true, one can see how Gallmon operated. She would pose as a man and target men seeking secret sexual encounters with other men, presumably on the theory that such men would be less likely to turn to law enforcement if robbed. She would tell the targets to leave the door unlocked and wait for her on the bed — but instead of coming to the bed for a sexual encounter, she would take their property and immediately leave the premises.

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/04/additional-details-emerge-in-dla-piper-associates-killing/

I think he sent the text because he knew JG was on her way. The appointment was for 30 minutes so if he knew at 7:34'ish that JG was about to arrive, he texted his wife that he would be home in an hour. The timing makes sense to me.

I do agree he was probably ticked off about the lateness. I think when JG said she left to leave but he grabbed her is not accurate in terms of what happened, but probably does reflect the tense atmosphere in the room. That's just a hunch.

And good point about being at the room early for the enema. That also makes sense.

Bus route to the Safeway where the clothes were apparently dumped. There appears to be two bus routes that go to the Safeway from the vicinity of The Donovan. The Safeway is also very close to Gallmon's residence on Good Hope Road.

250p3t5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member