GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys seeing? All I see is a family in unfathomable grief.

HG, are you referring to the red tie guy looking away?

Watch her shoulder, how she gets a grip, it seems familiar from the perp tape, but think I may want to see it, so I want others to cast an eye. The perp walks into the hotel and does this little psych up gesture with her neck.

Ahhh...
O.K., I will have to compare the two.
My first reaction is that she is very genuine in this video, but I will have to compare the two.
To me, she comes across profoundly upset, and very angry. Can you imagine what this woman has been through? The embarrassment factor on top of the murder. She had guts to do the press conference, really.

Ahhh...
My first reaction is that she is very genuine in this video, but I will have to compare the two.
To me, she comes across profoundly upset, and very angry. Can you imagine what this woman has been through? The embarrassment factor on top of the murder. She had guts to do the press conference, really.

Yes, it took guts for sure, for his whole family.

Heartbreaking, the grace and reserve with which his whole family stand by as she pleads for help from the public to identify the POI.

Tip Line:
202-727-9099

If you're referring to the Jeffrey Boucher case, there are a lot of people who don't believe that it was 100% concluded that he committed suicide.....it's just that there was nothing found to suggest otherwise therefore his death was essentially ruled as suicide by default. His wife joined WS here, during the period of time that he was still missing, which many of us found very odd. She came across as very matter of fact and detached/disengaged from his disappearance, and even upon his body being found, she was very matter of fact when discussing his body being found (even commenting on the smell that lingered at the location on the beach), etc. A lot of weird things about that case, IMO.

I can recall another case here (out of Canada) late last year of a missing man and we all pretty much suspected his wife, who shed no tears or what we considered crocodile tears in TV interviews. Turns out, he killed himself and she was innocent. So I try to not put too much weight on that these days. Totality of evidence, sure, but not just that. IMO

It's hard to believe this person hasn't been identified, with the video and all. This is why I keep hanging on the notion it is someone from out of town who was brought in for this. NYC comes to mind.

I do think the victim and his wife really loved each other. HastingsChi really emphasized that in how David apparently made sacrifices to be with her, followed her. I think this is a situation where a guy had a quirk that he needed to have fulfilled, and unfortunately, it cost him his life. The why, is the million dollar question of course. It seems incongruent that this was the act of a sex worker. Why would they care enough to kill this guy, and risk getting caught? It's more personal, especially the rage with the overkill. Someone was mighty angry, scorned perhaps.

I think she looks pretty genuine in the video. She is a regular person, not used to speaking at a press conference, so I don't find anything wrong with having notes. I don't know if I'd even do this if my husband had been killed like that. I'd be so angry at him - for doing whatever it is he did (being in a hotel room, presumably having some type of affair/hook up, and then the sensationalism of it all) and not being able to grieve in private.

If you're referring to the Jeffrey Boucher case, there are a lot of people who don't believe that it was 100% concluded that he committed suicide.....it's just that there was nothing found to suggest otherwise therefore his death was essentially ruled as suicide by default. His wife joined WS here, during the period of time that he was still missing, which many of us found very odd. She came across as very matter of fact and detached/disengaged from his disappearance, and even upon his body being found, she was very matter of fact when discussing his body being found (even commenting on the smell that lingered at the location on the beach), etc. A lot of weird things about that case, IMO.

Oh wow, I don't see the Boucher case like that at all. I'm not going to derail the this thread by elaborating, other than to say I strongly disagree.

speaking in general but a victim's spouse hasn't necessarily been through "anything" if in fact they were in anyway involved with orchestrating the murder of their spouse. As we don't know the full story here or who is really behind his murder (and why), I don't think we can necessarily assume that wife's "profound upset and anger" is in fact genuine. IMO.

Ahhh...

I'm not sure what to believe regarding the Mrs. I think it's entirely likely that we are witnessing a woman dealing with a range of strong emotions (anger, grief...) thrust upon her by the circumstances of her husbands death, or possibly insincerity. I'll keep the door open to both as I think its hard to know. I would like more facts though!:moo:

So why was DM at the hotel to begin with? Had he and wife had a fight and he took off to the hotel for a couple of days to cool off? Reading between the lines, I got the sense that it was her who suggested to LE what hotel he'd been at. If that's the case, who else besides wife knew he was there at hotel?

Watching the video of the perp at the hotel........I get the sense that, due to watching the way she walks (like a man), that perhaps she's wearing a lot of additional clothing, intentionally, to give the look of being a larger size than she really is. The manly "gait" to me strikes me as someone who is walking that way because their pants are so heavy and full.........think someone wearing ski/ski-doo pants......somewhat bulky (or the older style were) so one walks less gracefully as a result.

Seems evident to me that the perp was rather 'in the know' as to the location of video cameras in the hotel, for the most part (in most of the video we see them covering face when approaching cameras).......so have LE requested to see past video to check to see if there was anyone in the recent past seen on video who looked familiar (face-wise) and who was appearing to be paying a lot of attention to the video cameras?

So hubby allegedly texted wife (of course we don't know for sure it was him who sent the text, or if a text was really even sent) at 7:30pm and said he'd be home in an hour but doesn't return home...............and she didn't call law enforcement until 2am to report him missing?......is that accurate?

Wish I could figure out the name of individual "DT" that's being referred to here (I'm sorta late jumping into this case so have missed a lot).

LE has to have more footage, evidence (DNA?), etc. to unequivocally state that POI is a female. That is because we WSthers are pretty astute and no consensus here.

Watch her shoulder, how she gets a grip, it seems familiar from the perp tape, but think I may want to see it, so I want others to cast an eye. The perp walks into the hotel and does this little psych up gesture with her neck.
You're not nuts. I see something else without even realizing what you were asking us to see. Her eyes turn into a nasty glare similar to the way the eyes look in the picture is right behind her too.

You're not nuts. I see something else without even realizing what you were asking us to see. Her eyes turn into a nasty glare similar to the way the eyes look in the picture is right behind her too.

Well, I think she's glaring because someone murdered her husband! She wants to catch that perp! Maybe I'm naïve, but that's how I'm seeing this. Time will tell....

Well, I think she's glaring because someone murdered her husband! She wants to catch that perp! Maybe I'm naïve, but that's how I'm seeing this. Time will tell....
I'm not questioning the reason she's glaring.

I'm saying the glare is similar. Maybe it's simply a cultural similarity to the POI.

Hope an arrest is made soon! I do think the POI is a female, wearing some huge clothing and shoes, probably with a knife and maybe more items in the big pockets. My question is did this "other woman" lose her patience with DM for not leaving his wife? Or did she want DM out of the way so she could be with the wife? Not trying to make a riddle out of this. I believe it was a crime of passion or obsession - but with whom? I know DT is in the same field as wife, did they ever work together? Just a friend of the couple's? I'd better stop before I get booted! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces