DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this this morning.. Why isn't this all over the news?!?!?

Poor little Relisha.....that surveillance video footage broke my heart. Lord, help LE find this child!

Here is a new map with the 5th Point of Interest included. :tyou: 2Hope4!
:loveyou:

A: Red Roof Inn
B: DC General Shelter (The Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness, 1900 Massachusetts Avenue, SE)
C: Payne Elementary School
D: Address for K. Tatum (2500 block of N Street SE, Washington, DC 20020)
E: 1600 block of Eastern Avenue in Chapel Oaks - The PGPD recovered a pick-up truck that was unoccupied and parked

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/38cf9ff7-8eb3-4fa8-8301-9383cdefe512_zps1ad39ed1.png.html][/URL]

http://goo.gl/maps/uCdMY

kimi_SFC, I think the last dot point is showing incorrectly on Google Maps. I looked it up because I'm local and had never heard of Chapel Oaks--it's a neighborhood just to the east of DC. Eastern Avenue divides DC from Maryland so that addresses on one side are in DC and addresses on the other side are in MD.

1600 Eastern Avenue in Chapel Oaks is more or less here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z8azwDQZpkAE.k77HnKus005M

It's very disturbing that there have been no sightings of either one of them. At this point you also have to wonder what they are doing for a car, money, etc...

Have any members of Tatum's family come forward . You would think they would be begging him to release Relisha and turn himself in to authorities.

Poor little Relisha.....that surveillance video footage broke my heart. Lord, help LE find this child!

Oh lord, now I gotta bite my tongue. I hate to play the race card but you know what, it applies here. We have a child who is essentially being held hostage (I think hostage applies more than kidnapped) by a man who committed murder. She was poor, AA and from at least no less than a bad home life. She is no different than Cherish Perrywinkle, Haleigh and the list goes on - except her mother fits every "welfare queen stereotype" and much of America looks at it as no loss.

Before anyone gets mad, I said most - not all. Obviously we don't feel that way, but truth is the truth - many others do.

This is on the FBI's watch list and yet... we cant find her. I hope somehow that Relisha gets the damn respect she deserves and there is more of a manhunt than a friggin look out!

kimi_SFC, I think the last dot point is showing incorrectly on Google Maps. I looked it up because I'm local and had never heard of Chapel Oaks--it's a neighborhood just to the east of DC. Eastern Avenue divides DC from Maryland so that addresses on one side are in DC and addresses on the other side are in MD.

1600 Eastern Avenue in Chapel Oaks is more or less here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z8azwDQZpkAE.k77HnKus005M

I'll start working on a new map & flag my previous posts for a Mod to delete :blushing:

:tyou: so much for letting me know!

Are there any other Points of Interest to add?

ETA: I mis-typed 600 instead of 1600 :facepalm:! It looks like the map recognizes the street as Eastern Avenue NE. I am working on a new screenshot now......

I did see national news abt this today- HuffPo, ABC, etc. Wish they'd all show the pics and videos along with the headlines. While I think she could be anywhere, my gut says they have not gone far. It has been far too long to imagine.

i would keep my eyes on that person named in the beginning who was ruled out.
at this point i believe someone could possibly be hiding him.

I have soo many questions! If they have that video from 2/26, they must have video of them leaving, right? How do they know she is with Tatum? LE said they didn't think she went to that motel (The Red Roof Inn where his wife was killed). Assuming Tatum killed his wife and then took off, where was Relisha??? Where is she now?

I have soo many questions! If they have that video from 2/26, they must have video of them leaving, right? How do they know she is with Tatum? LE said they didn't think she went to that motel. Assuming Tatum killed his wife and then took off, where was Relisha??? Where is she now?

hambirg, thank you for bring this up! Is the location of the video of Relisha and kt confirmed? If it's not "that motel" then then next question is, which motel????? Forgive me, I'm not yelling at you, I am just so frustrated and worried for Relisha!

Also, if we know of the video source location, I want to add it to the map. Anything to help us find a pattern, and sleuth. This beautiful, precious child needs to be found! :twocents:

hambirg, thank you for bring this up! Is the location of the video of Relisha and kt confirmed? If it's not "that motel" then then next question is, which motel????? Forgive me, I'm not yelling at you, I am just so frustrated and worried for Relisha!

Also, if we know of the video source location, I want to add it to the map. Anything to help us find a pattern, and sleuth. This beautiful, precious child needs to be found! :twocents:

Sorry, I went back and edited my post while you were posting. I meant the motel his wife was killed at. If Relisha wasn't there, how do they know she is with Tatum? Maybe they have other video evidence that she is, it's just my thoughts since we don't know.

I don't know what hotel that is in the video from the 26th.

Also, looking at the map, it looks like they ditched the truck near a metro station. How far can you get on that metro system? And surely it has video, right?

Besides this case having all kinds of wrong about it, I have concerns regarding the Amber Alert. I was on the Beltway this weekend and not one of the overhead digital signs had Relisha's Amber Alert information on it. In addition, today, my daughter asked me if Relisha had been found. When I told her NO, she said that Relisha's Amber Alert never came up on her phone. We live in Maryland - where Mrs. Tatum was found murdered.

When Caitlyn Virts was taken by her father, who had murdered her mother, some people complained about the Amber Alert going off on their phones repeatedly. Baltimore County Police Chief Johnson was giving daily briefings on the search for Caitlyn. What is going on with the D.C. police?

I can only think of two reasons for the difference in these cases. Both are very disturbing to me. Does anyone else have uneasy feelings about this?

Besides this case having all kinds of wrong about it, I have concerns regarding the Amber Alert. I was on the Beltway this weekend and not one of the overhead digital signs had Relisha's Amber Alert information on it. In addition, today, my daughter asked me if Relisha had been found. When I told her NO, she said that Relisha's Amber Alert never came up on her phone. We live in Maryland - where Mrs. Tatum was found murdered.

When Caitlyn Virts was taken by her father, who had murdered her mother, some people complained about the Amber Alert going off on their phones repeatedly. Baltimore County Police Chief Johnson was giving daily briefings on the search for Caitlyn. What is going on with the D.C. police?

I can only think of two reasons for the difference in these cases. Both are very disturbing to me. Does anyone else have uneasy feelings about this?

Racism again? Because Lanier is white? Are we sure LE isn't putting all it's resources into this case?

I think the media can be blamed for their coverage for ratings reasons. Unfortunately they report what they think America will respond to and they "think" America is still racist for the most part.

What I know to be the truth in my world is far different. We all long for the protection of our babies, no matter the race or gender.

baltolady, you're not the only one with this question. Apparently, DC police failed to activate the Amber Alert system properly so it only came to people in DC (I got mine and was at work in DC that day.)

More info: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...ound-amber-alert-for-missing-girl-101483.html

Might have something to do with the convoluted stories LE was getting from the family. Her own mother refused to acknowledge that Relisha was in any danger for weeks.

baltolady, you're not the only one with this question. Apparently, DC police failed to activate the Amber Alert system properly so it only came to people in DC (I got mine and was at work in DC that day.)

More info: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...ound-amber-alert-for-missing-girl-101483.html

Embedded video, including portion of presser with PG Chief of Police & footage from the vigil with SY speaking briefly, via quoted article posted by dewey decimal:
http://bcove.me/spuvqcc6

Racism again? Because Lanier is white? Are we sure LE isn't putting all it's resources into this case?

I think the media can be blamed for their coverage for ratings reasons. Unfortunately they report what they think America will respond to and they "think" America is still racist for the most part.

What I know to be the truth in my world is far different. We all long for the protection of our babies, no matter the race or gender.

CuriousGuy, rest assured I had no idea Chief Lanier was white (or female - neither matters to me). There are glaring differences in the handling of the two cases (Virts and Rudd). I see that the offer of assistance from the MD State Police was turned down by the PG Co police department at the MD crime scene. My question is - Why? (not of you; just a rhetorical question)

I have not seen one news ticker come across the bottom of my tv screen with Relisha's information. Are they not actively searching for Relisha (as in the Virts case) because they know something we do not? (another rhetorical question)

All the safety nets we think are provided for underprivileged children failed this little girl miserably. I am grateful someone reported her missing after almost a month of not being seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave