DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
- sometimes there are things we know that we don't share for a reason
- I will release info that I think will be helpful
- if specifics regarding evidence, I will not release it or discuss it

OT - I don't think that Chief Lanier likes Pat Collins. She seems irritated with his questions.

Someone asked about providing false info:
- response: yes, that can lead to criminal charges

Yes, providing bad info to LE is a crime.... (in response to reporter's question).

Question - family spoke to Relisha on/around 3/19?

Response - I won't give my opinion on that

- never said the cell phone led us here
- looking at other locations as well

- reason to believe he left the area?
- response: primarily looking for Relisha and Mr Tatum as well
- have teams in every area where we may find them
- go where leads take us

Press Conference:
100s of people searching this area.
By beginning of next week will organize community groups for large areas of search.
Still getting tips that they are following up on.
Confident in the time line. Revisions of time lines are common. Time line NOT due to initial deception, due to length of time since initial incident.
Tatum DID have contact with other girls in the shelter. 3-4 families being interviewed to determine the nature of those contacts.

Hopeful they will find Relisha alive. Discouraged by the amount of time she's been missing and things they have discovered.
Will not discuss evidence or specific interviews. Trying to get best information possible, takes extra time and man power when things change, not forthright. Don't worry about things "outside the investigation." Providing bad information to the police could result in a crime.
Not enough information to determine if contact with other girls were sexual in nature.

Prince George County and the FBI are aggressively searching for Mr. Tatum. No reason to believe he's left the metropolitan area at this time.

A little levity in the situation...

I always have to giggle when that lady yells "ONE MORE QUESTION!!!"
Then the Chief answers several other questions.
It reminds me of the good parent/mean parent. :giggle:

Search for Tatum is being lead agressively by PG County. No reason to believe that he has left metro area at this time.

- reason to believe he left the area?
- response: primarily looking for Relisha and Mr Tatum as well
- have teams in every area where we may find them
- go where leads take us

- we have no reason to believe that he has left the metro area as this time

The park isn't the only area being actively searched.

No reason to believe KLT has left the Metropolitan Area at this time. Thank you.

End of presser

Here's my theory. I posted this in both the Relisha threads and submitted my theory to the right people in case it's an area they've not explored or thought of. With more of Shamika's lies rolling out and considering the step-fathers behavior... things are clicking for me. Below is my theory.

My theory:
"How I understand it: Tatum & his wife were given Relisha - like an adoption of sorts. I'm gathering the stipulation Shamika had was that she could claim Relisha for welfare purposes and for show. Tatum's wife had filed for divorce and I think he shot her in a domestic violence altercation.

Relisha would be alive (if she isn't) had she not missed so much school suddenly, causing cps to investigate - blowing the lid off of all the lies. Tatum's wifes' murder was likely not tied to Relisha but it will appear that way because the timing of the discoveries. Does that make sense?

I really don't get this gut feeling there was pedophilia involved, I don't know why because it all points to being a strong cause. If it were a woman that kidnapped Relisha (or however you want to phrase it) most of us would see it as the woman wanting a child. Now, maybe it was Tatum's wifes idea to have a granddaughter since she couldn't see her own and once the domestic violence happened - Relisha was a burden to Tatum and he killed her because he could not safely return her to the shelter without being arrested and I wonder if he *felt that Relisha shouldn't be with Shamika full-time, since she didn't seem to care about her needs?

I like the theory in general...it seems that if he loved her enough to "adopt her" he would have run off with her rather than killed her...so I'm totally rooting for this theory.

The newly released information that Tatum had additional contact with 3-4 families....doesn't help this theory much, because though they couldn't say the nature of the contact, I feel like that has a sexual overtone, ya know?

Press Conference:
100s of people searching this area.
By beginning of next week will organize community groups for large areas of search.
Still getting tips that they are following up on.
Confident in the time line. Revisions of time lines are common. Time line NOT due to initial deception, due to length of time since initial incident.
Tatum DID have contact with other girls in the shelter. 3-4 families being interviewed to determine the nature of those contacts.

Hopeful they will find Relisha alive. Discouraged by the amount of time she's been missing and things they have discovered.
Will not discuss evidence or specific interviews. Trying to get best information possible, takes extra time and man power when things change, not forthright. Don't worry about things "outside the investigation." Providing bad information to the police could result in a crime.
Not enough information to determine if contact with other girls were sexual in nature.

Prince George County and the FBI are aggressively searching for Mr. Tatum. No reason to believe he's left the metropolitan area at this time.

Felt like this implied they weren't getting the whole story due to people being worried about getting arrested for drug charges, etc. :twocents:

Here's my theory. I posted this in both the Relisha threads and submitted my theory to the right people in case it's an area they've not explored or thought of. With more of Shamika's lies rolling out and considering the step-fathers behavior... things are clicking for me. Below is my theory.

My theory:
"How I understand it: Tatum & his wife were given Relisha - like an adoption of sorts. I'm gathering the stipulation Shamika had was that she could claim Relisha for welfare purposes and for show. Tatum's wife had filed for divorce and I think he shot her in a domestic violence altercation.

Relisha would be alive (if she isn't) had she not missed so much school suddenly, causing cps to investigate - blowing the lid off of all the lies. Tatum's wifes' murder was likely not tied to Relisha but it will appear that way because the timing of the discoveries. Does that make sense?

I really don't get this gut feeling there was pedophilia involved, I don't know why because it all points to being a strong cause. If it were a woman that kidnapped Relisha (or however you want to phrase it) most of us would see it as the woman wanting a child. Now, maybe it was Tatum's wifes idea to have a granddaughter since she couldn't see her own and once the domestic violence happened - Relisha was a burden to Tatum and he killed her because he could not safely return her to the shelter without being arrested and I wonder if he *felt that Relisha shouldn't be with Shamika full-time, since she didn't seem to care about her needs?

LE has verified that KLT had "contact" with other girls at the shelter. There was a msm article quoting one mother and others who stated KLT would try to give the little girls "money" and "gifts". IMO, this is exactly what has gone on with Relisha, and SY pimped out Relisha to KLT.

I wish I could hope your theory is the way things went, but all the facts tell us otherwise. I wonder if KLT's wife thought they were just helping Relisha though, but found out what was happening, so KLT killed her.

-searching 700 acre park with divers and multiple agencies (over 100 people) and it is very technical and should go thru the weekend with updates provided

-next week will be organizing volunteer search and will put out info this weekend

- they have received numerous tips and leads by phone, email, etc and every single one are being followed up on

- the focus is not only on this park

-they are confident in yesterday's timeline and the date last seen on 1 march due to review of evidence to include videos, investigation, etc

-tatum was in contact with at least 3-4 other young girls at the shelter and the nature of that contact is being investigated. Is it sexual? Still investigating the nature of the contact

-having problems with people giving the wrong info and this causes problems in the investigation. Can they be charged? yes they need accurate into to find Relisha. Yes, bad info can result in criminal charges

-won't comment on mother or aunt's statements and will not comment about them saying they talked with relisha on the phone

-lime and shovel? won't comment on any evidence

-did the cell phone ping anywhere else: chief says she never said it was the phone that led them there in the first place and will not discuss cell phone pings

-other sites are being searched

-as for search for tatum PGC has the lead and they are working with the fbi in aggressive search and they have no reason to believe that he has left the area.

I wonder why prince george's county doesn't do an update/presser on the manhunt for tatum? I think they need to do a joint briefing and put it all out there. It wasn't until the very end that one solitary reporter asked where they were with finding this guy.

I also noticed that it seems that DC is still the lead on Relisha and PGC on Tatum and the fbi is just assisting???? :twocents:

I wonder why prince george's county doesn't do an update/presser on the manhunt for tatum? I think they need to do a joint briefing and put it all out there. It wasn't until the very end that one solitary reporter asked where they were with finding this guy.

I also noticed that it seems that DC is still the lead on Relisha and PGC on Tatum and the fbi is just assisting???? :twocents:

I must've misunderstood the question. I thought PG County's involvement was regarding his wife's murder. Seems like DC Police are heading up most of this... Maybe I misunderstood the question - it was hard to hear.

I must've misunderstood the question. I thought PG County's involvement was regarding his wife's murder. Seems like DC Police are heading up most of this... Maybe I misunderstood the question - it was hard to hear.

I will have to listen again but the question was where are they on the manhunt for tatum and iirc she said PGC is the lead on that because the homicide happened in their jurisdiction and the fbi is assisting them/put him on top ten list

at this point there are no charges related to Relisha.. not even kidnapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc