DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this Chief, she tries to answer questions that don't impede the investigation and really is trying to keep the public informed.

Won't comment if they have proof he used her/prostituted her.

Summary of press conference:

Khalil had been at the site for at least 36 hours to several days
ETA: she commented that the cold weather could have influenced this determination
-Search continues--200 people per day.
-Still using search dogs.
-Additional volunteer groups and community groups searching tomorrow. Those groups have already been chosen.
-Hoping to finish visual search of park tomorrow or into the following day.
-Divers continue to dive.
-Many of the areas have been searched multiple times.
-Nothing new discovered today.

Q&A
-No evidence near Tatum to indicate where Relisha is.
-She could still be alive which is why we're still asking for the public's help.
-Information is still coming in. Following up on that and information they already had.
-Investigation will not end when the search ends.
-No information that she's been killed.
-No additional details will be released about the circumstances of her last sighting on 3/1 at this time.
-Will not comment on any possibilities re: prostitution on the internet.

Reporter tried to ask re: prostitution angle (internet or otherwise - paraphrasing).

Chief Lanier asked if FBI wanted to answer. FBI also deferred. "Investigation is still very active."

End of presser.

I am SO disappointed that all the evidence they found yesterday provided no clues for them.

Praying for a miracle and Relisha is found alive!

:praying:

:sigh:

I'll just have a hard time believing Relisha is not in the park, if and when the search ends and they don't find her.

Most of all, I am disappointed that no evidence was found near KT to indicate where Relisha might be.

I really have grown to like this chief through the investigation. I trust her to continue to investigate Relisha's case even after the search is over.

Local news cut into the presidents speech for Chief Lanier's PC = awesome.

So the FBI in response to the question is there a prostitution angle "Investigation is still very active."

IMO it sounds to me like they have information that makes child prostitution something that is very possible or they already know something and have to proceed vey cautiously.

So the FBI in response to the question is there a prostitution angle "Investigation is still very active."

IMO it sounds to me like they have information that makes child prostitution something that is very possible or they already know something and have to proceed vey cautiously.

I agree. At the very least they haven't ruled it out. If it wasn't a possibility I think they'd be quick to say "no, there's no connection, this isn't an angle in this case" ya know? JMO.

:sigh:

I'll just have a hard time believing Relisha is not in the park, if and when the search ends and they don't find her.
There were many searches in Rock Creek Park for Chandra Levy and she wasn't initially found, either. Iirc, a random person found the larger parts of her remains and it was long enough for her to be completely skeletonized :(

Hi shadow,
Just to clarify (sorry if I wasn't clear in my post :blushing: )

Chief Lanier wasn't willing to address this issue / question from the reporter. She stated that the investigation was active. Then, said (from my best recollection), "unless the FBI wants to address this."

They deferred / declined.

She then restated that the investigation was still very active.

I hope this helps to make a bit more sense out of my OP

:seeya:

I'm totally shocked that LE were shocked they found Tatum there. I was always quite sure they were going to find him there first - he'd laid a trail. I don't get it.

Time to go back to Gilpin Court, in Richmond and start interviewing all the residents! Somebody was helping Tatum with vehicles, it seems. Richmond PD has a fairly good closure rate. We can't assume that they knew ahead of time about the third vehicle. My guess, RPD went back through their video survellience cameras, in the area and saw the GMC white truck after the fact. DC MPD probably enlisted RPD's help after they got the Ping info.

ABC7News ‏@ABC7News 26m
.@DCPoliceDept Chief: 'She could still be alive, that's why we're still asking for public's help.' Tips still coming in.

ABC7News ‏@ABC7News 25m
Chief Lanier: "We have no information that she has been killed at this point..."

Relisha's moms response....nothing... that I have heard/seen.

I'm totally shocked that LE were shocked they found Tatum there. I was always quite sure they were going to find him there first - he'd laid a trail. I don't get it.

I wonder if the Park is being heavily patrolled after dark. Perhaps they were surprised he got into the park and shed undetected? Just a guess.

Newspaper article last week said they did interview residents from Gilpin Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214